Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

It's true that Tyrone need this scalp to prove they're anywhere near the top table. Since 2008 we've faltered against Cork, Dublin and Donegal. It's been a while since Tyrone have won a heavyweight clash. Kerry, for all their form, are still top 4. This is a massive test for Tyrone. Hopefully it's a breakthrough victory. I'm not convinced but sure nothing new there. The Kildare defeat in the NFL final bugs me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2012, 09:41:57 PM
Tyrone's demise can be clearly traced back to the Cork semi in 09, I can recall sitting in the stand being convinced  i'd saw the end of a great team, nothing since has me thinking otherwise and as I've already stated there isn't one player who's came in since who's been better the person he's replaced.

The fact that you all still think you're great is fun for the rest of too mind.
Armagh's demise can be clearly traced back to the minute Marsden got sent off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NASQbXQOFw

bennydorano

The fact that I saw an Armagh team reach the pinnacle keeps me on an even  keel,    Faustian pacts  have to be honoured.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: sheamy on July 16, 2012, 10:17:47 PM
Quote from: comeontheredhands on July 16, 2012, 09:57:33 PM
Tyrone by 3 after they ease up towards the finish.Tyrone voodoo to work again on the former home of football.
By the way Sheepy ? if u boys put as much of ur own yoyo's into Kerry GAA as Tyrone gaels have put into  the Garvaghy project(with not one £ from our Queen) ye' s might be better off both of and on the pitch. Ps we wouldn't have the arrogance to call it a centre of excellence.
Tir Eoghain Abu !!!!

you sure?  :)

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/county-board/na-fo-choisti-sub-committees/county-hq-committee/

Remit: To ensure the County HQ is established as Tyrone's Administrative and Coaching Centre of Excellence as soon as practicable

All that money spent on getting 15 men behind the ball so that you can stop more talented teams from playing. Tyrone have a lot to answer for. Has the county ever produced a natural footballer worth mentioning ?

Its sad to think of the sacred sod of Fitzgerald stadium being  defiled by these journeymen sprinters...is there any chance we could just give up home advantage ?

yellowcard

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 16, 2012, 10:55:12 PM
Tyrone by 3 after they ease up towards the finish.Tyrone voodoo to work again on the former home of football.
By the way Sheepy ? if u boys put as much of ur own yoyo's into Kerry GAA as Tyrone gaels have put into  the Garvaghy project(with not one £ from our Queen) ye' s might be better off both of and on the pitch. Ps we wouldn't have the arrogance to call it a centre of excellence.
Tir Eoghain Abu !!!!

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/county-board/na-fo-choisti-sub-committees/county-hq-committee/

Remit: To ensure the County HQ is established as Tyrone's Administrative and Coaching Centre of Excellence as soon as practicable

All that money spent on getting 15 men behind the ball so that you can stop more talented teams from playing. Tyrone have a lot to answer for. Has the county ever produced a natural footballer worth mentioning ?

Its sad to think of the sacred sod of Fitzgerald stadium being  defiled by these journeymen sprinters...is there any chance we could just give up home advantage ?

Canavan and O'Neill would be two for a start. It was sad to see Jack O'Connor then resorting to these defensive tactics as his template to win the AI in 2009. One of the most cautious coaches of modern times.

drici

Fuzzman

There's been some shite talked here in the last few pages after such positive excitement in the 1st 5 pages when we learnt of the draw.

I'd expect it from some of the Kerry lads who haven't got much common sense when they talk about the queen and defensive puke football.
The nouveau riche as they labelled us seems to be term that Jack used that really annoys their own people
My reading of that term is that he sees us as a team that used to be the poor paupers who never won anything but now they've claimed a new higher status in their own recent generation but are too smug in our eyes.

The Armagh lads have been crying for us to admit our demise for some time now so maybe we should give them what they want.
I think most Tyrone lads in here (Not all) do not see us as being in the top 4 or 5 teams in the country but there are a good few of us who think we could travel down to Kerry and bate them old aristocrats one more time.

I for one think we certainly could beat Kerry next Sat if we defend like we did v Donegal but if I'm to be honest they do have to be favourites in their own back yard. I think we could frustrate their forwards and then the crowd will get on their backs.

Wildweasel74

Mikey am sure P Canavan and F Mcguigan would been 2 worth mentioning that wouldnt had look ed out of place in the green and gold!! hard to call this one, i reckon Kerry are on a bad slide and should have been beaten by westmeath. Tyrone have always caused them problems but the home advantage in the qualifiers has always been a big thing. Tyrone are playing well, Kerry are playing very poor, hard to call really.

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 16, 2012, 10:55:12 PM
Tir Eoghain Abu !!!!

Unless the game is fixed in Amercia you've little to be worrying about. Any thoughts on the game or are you just going to ruin the thread with bullshit like you've been doing for years?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteUnless the game is fixed in Amercia you've little to be worrying about. Any thoughts on the game or are you just going to ruin the thread with bullshit like you've been doing for years?

Talk football with you ? none of you Tymoan gobshites have anything remotely interesting to say on football.

nrico2006

Quote from: God14 on July 16, 2012, 04:56:54 PM

Why talk of the end of an era for Tyrone? Most of the old guys are gone and there is a good scattering of youth in the team with a strong youthfull bench. The start of an era for Tyrone I think.

Exactly - the average age of the likely starting XV will be 26! Such lazy analysis, and watch spillane & co spout this theory come the weekend.
As regards the end of an era, regardless of the result I dont buy into that at all. Bear in mind the likes of Kyle Coney & Ronan O'Neill etc will be available next year, Conor Clark a 20 year old at Full back, Darren McCurry making a claim now at 19. Loads of good talent there, nice blend of experience as well...

Packie, 31
McCrory, 24
Clarke, 20
Carlin, 29
Cathal McCarron, 26
Gormley, 31
Sean O'Neill, 25
Colm Cavanagh, 26
Joe McMahon, 29
Ronan McNabb, 22
Peter Harte, 22
Mark Donnelly, 28
Mulligan, 30
SON, 31
Penrose, 29

Average / Mean = 26
[/quote]

As well as the young players already mentioned Mattie Donnelly and Niall McKenna have been getting a good bit of game time this year and are only early twenties too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 17, 2012, 08:30:42 AM

Why talk of the end of an era for Tyrone? Most of the old guys are gone and there is a good scattering of youth in the team with a strong youthfull bench. The start of an era for Tyrone I think.

Exactly - the average age of the likely starting XV will be 26! Such lazy analysis, and watch spillane & co spout this theory come the weekend.
As regards the end of an era, regardless of the result I dont buy into that at all. Bear in mind the likes of Kyle Coney & Ronan O'Neill etc will be available next year, Conor Clark a 20 year old at Full back, Darren McCurry making a claim now at 19. Loads of good talent there, nice blend of experience as well...

Packie, 31
McCrory, 24
Clarke, 20
Carlin, 29
Cathal McCarron, 26
Gormley, 31
Sean O'Neill, 25
Colm Cavanagh, 26
Joe McMahon, 29
Ronan McNabb, 22
Peter Harte, 22
Mark Donnelly, 28
Mulligan, 30
SON, 31
Penrose, 29

Average / Mean = 26

As well as the young players already mentioned Mattie Donnelly and Niall McKenna have been getting a good bit of game time this year and are only early twenties too.  Its easy to say that the new players coming through aren't as good as the 03-08 brigade, but it takes any new up and coming young player a season or two to establish themselves at senior intercounty level.  The late 90's minor batch took a few years before they became real stand out players, and it all came together in 2003.  The current young players coming through have all the same pedigree as SON, BmG, Hub, Cormac, Jordan etc did when they came onto the scene, time will tell how the newest group pan out but it doesn't happen over night.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

People are probably right about this Tyrone team being a little short in terms of winning the All Ireland this year, but a win in Kerry and a possible quarter final in Croker will bring theses young lads on massively and set the team up nicely for next year. Can't wait for Saturday night - should be a cracker.
That was never a square ball!!

bustsummoves

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 17, 2012, 08:40:35 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 17, 2012, 08:30:42 AM

Packie, 31
McCrory, 24
Clarke, 20
Carlin, 29 - 27
Cathal McCarron, 26- i think he is 23 or 24
Gormley, 31
Sean O'Neill, 25
Colm Cavanagh, 26
Joe McMahon, 29 - 28
Ronan McNabb, 22
Peter Harte, 22
Mark Donnelly, 28 - 26
Mulligan, 30
SON, 31
Penrose, 29 - 27

Average / Mean = 26

As well as the young players already mentioned Mattie Donnelly and Niall McKenna have been getting a good bit of game time this year and are only early twenties too.  Its easy to say that the new players coming through aren't as good as the 03-08 brigade, but it takes any new up and coming young player a season or two to establish themselves at senior intercounty level.  The late 90's minor batch took a few years before they became real stand out players, and it all came together in 2003.  The current young players coming through have all the same pedigree as SON, BmG, Hub, Cormac, Jordan etc did when they came onto the scene, time will tell how the newest group pan out but it doesn't happen over night.
[/quote]

You have a few ages wrong there. The team is even younger than that

everymanaman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 16, 2012, 09:12:12 PM
I really wish they were playing this one away from home. We dont need these britboys running around Kerry singing about their damn Queen.

They say that ignorance is bliss. If that's the case you're a very lucky man.