Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2018, 03:52:26 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 03:39:46 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 08, 2018, 03:33:37 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 11:23:40 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 10:28:13 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2018, 10:21:54 AM
As a northern nationalist can I ask my fellow NN's on here to stop using the quasi unionist term free state, an entity that no longer exists. further comment on Barry McElduff, he is a tool and not funny, his posts on twitter which sometimes I get when they are re tweeted are not funny in the slightest.

Why?

The Free State's attitude to Northern Nationalist for 100 years has been of one of abandonment and conceited judgement of the actions of nationalists in defending themselves in a violent loyalist state with British sponsored terrorism, all the while turning a blind eye to the corruption and disgusting behaviour by their own establishment parties . A bit like SF are in politics spectrum, we always have to act to a higher set of principles to everyone else. f**k that.

what a sweeping generalisation.....

you might go back to the 1950s and see who was on the border campaign, at the time almost all republican freedom fighters were from south of the then 30 year old plus imposed partition / border......

The people of 3 other Ulster Counties and many other places might take great offence to this rubbish you are posting. Half your rebel songs are about "free staters". Sean Sabhat for example. Your generalisations about people south of the border are offensive quite frankly and you are showing the same level of intelligence as the man we are all talking about.

3 month suspension - not really enough, but by northern politics standards at least it is something. (ie many equally ridiculous comments from others have gone unpunished.)

I'll tell you what's offensive - the way northern nationalists have been abandoned and misrepresented by the Free State over the past 50 years. That's the real offence here, most nationalists of the other 3 Ulster counties will correctly feel shame and disillusion with The Free State, as I was brought up not far from the border myself I can say that many of them were quite rightfully embarrassed by the Free State's abandonment and misinformation on Northern Nationalists.
Catch your self on, you are being intentionally insulting and misrepresenting snd oversimplfying history for that very purpose.

Those free staters who come on here with their moral crusade and righteousness but are nowhere to be seen when it comes to the insidious actions of their own right wing establishment parties are the ones who are intentionally insulting. It's an odd stance to take.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on January 08, 2018, 03:52:16 PM
As a northern nationalist can I ask my fellow NN's on here to stop using the quasi unionist term free state, an entity that no longer exists. further comment on Barry McElduff, he is a tool and not funny, his posts on twitter which sometimes I get when they are re tweeted are not funny in the slightest.

Why?

The Free State's attitude to Northern Nationalist for 100 years has been of one of abandonment and conceited judgement of the actions of nationalists in defending themselves in a violent loyalist state with British sponsored terrorism, all the while turning a blind eye to the corruption and disgusting behaviour by their own establishment parties . A bit like SF are in politics spectrum, we always have to act to a higher set of principles to everyone else. f**k that.

you might go back to the 1950s and see who was on the border campaign, at the time almost all republican freedom fighters were from south of the then 30 year old plus imposed partition / border......

The people of 3 other Ulster Counties and many other places might take great offence to this rubbish you are posting. Half your rebel songs are about "free staters". Sean Sabhat for example. Your generalisations about people south of the border are offensive quite frankly and you are showing the same level of intelligence as the man we are all talking about.

3 month suspension - not really enough, but by northern politics standards at least it is something. (ie many equally ridiculous comments from others have gone unpunished.)

I'll tell you what's offensive - the way northern nationalists have been abandoned and misrepresented by the Free State over the past 50 years. That's the real offence here, most nationalists of the other 3 Ulster counties will correctly feel shame and disillusion with The Free State, as I was brought up not far from the border myself I can say that many of them were quite rightfully embarrassed by the Free State's abandonment and misinformation on Northern Nationalists.

Like I already said lad I am no apologist for southern governments who abandoned the border counties too during the troubles. But you branding all southerners as somehow complicit in the workings of FF and FG is ridiculous. Fairly sure you know that yourself but you've just dug yourself too far in. None of this explains or excuses the what yer man in Tyrone did. I expect more from an elected republican, he is lucky he got off as light as he did.

I'm not branding all Southerners in that criteria, only the ones who support the establishment parties and their misdeeds. If you're not one of them and feel aggrieved and ashamed on FF and FG's record with Northern Nationalists then there should be no need to feel ashamed.

What I know is that there is a consistent lot of Free State posters who are very quick to comments on controversy involving the largest republican party in the north but are usually nowhere to be seen when scandals emerge with FF or FG. You must agree that is something that should not go without comment?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 03:55:56 PM

Why?

Catch your self on, you are being intentionally insulting and misrepresenting snd oversimplfying history for that very purpose.

Those free staters who come on here with their moral crusade and righteousness but are nowhere to be seen when it comes to the insidious actions of their own right wing establishment parties are the ones who are intentionally insulting. It's an odd stance to take.
They have a point of view to which they are entitled as are you to disagree, but calling them freestaters smacks of TF's gratuitous use of the same term in insulting fashion, a bit like calling us nordies.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 03:45:59 PM
Bomber,

do you feel Northern Nationalists did enough until the late 60s to help themselves........ ??

or did they sit back and wait for O'Bradaigh, O'Conaill, Sutcliffe, Sabhat and such like to rescue them

There were many armed nationalists in the North up until the 60s but I think they should have done more, in the end they were abandoned, things escalated and they weren't going to sit around and take it any more. But the sense of abandonment was real and I think an apology from the Irish Free State is owed to northern nationalists but it will never come.

As for people getting offended by the term Free State - since partition there are two states in Ireland, one which is free and has its own sovereignty, the other state which is occupied by Britain against the indigenous people of that land. The approach from the Free State since partition has largely been one of abandonment for Northern Nationalists.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2018, 04:02:25 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 03:55:56 PM

Why?

They have a point of view to which they are entitled as are you to disagree, but calling them freestaters smacks of TF's gratuitous use of the same term in insulting fashion, a bit like calling us nordies.

Where is their point of view when it comes to the action of their own establishment right wing parties. They seem to go missing when controversy courts them, it's very odd.

BennyCake

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2018, 03:20:03 PM
3 months suspension for McElduff. Probably lucky not to be fired. Though firing him may have been harsh. He should however desist from tweeting rubbish.

Tyrone people should just be banned from trying to be funny. They have a sense of humour very different to the rest of us. Datsun Donaghy, anyone?

Orchard park

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 03:58:40 PM

Why?

Like I already said lad I am no apologist for southern governments who abandoned the border counties too during the troubles. But you branding all southerners as somehow complicit in the workings of FF and FG is ridiculous. Fairly sure you know that yourself but you've just dug yourself too far in. None of this explains or excuses the what yer man in Tyrone did. I expect more from an elected republican, he is lucky he got off as light as he did.

I'm not branding all Southerners in that criteria, only the ones who support the establishment parties and their misdeeds. If you're not one of them and feel aggrieved and ashamed on FF and FG's record with Northern Nationalists then there should be no need to feel ashamed.

What I know is that there is a consistent lot of Free State posters who are very quick to comments on controversy involving the largest republican party in the north but are usually nowhere to be seen when scandals emerge with FF or FG. You must agree that is something that should not go without comment?

and bomber as a proud Roscommon republican with generations on both sides to did their best to ensure freedom for all the island, i certainly find your repeated use of the derogatory term free stater more than a tad insulting.......
bit like I slating you for getting a British  funded education or being dependent on HRM for your gaa pitch perhaps.

skeog

Does that mean  no pay for 3 months very unfair genuine mistake imo.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 04:11:00 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 03:58:40 PM

Why?

and bomber as a proud Roscommon republican with generations on both sides to did their best to ensure freedom for all the island, i certainly find your repeated use of the derogatory term free stater more than a tad insulting.......
bit like I slating you for getting a British  funded education or being dependent on HRM for your gaa pitch perhaps.

You shouldn't feel shame at that term as it is not meant for those who feel shame at the way their establishment parties have behaved toward Northern Nationalists. It's intended for those who defend their establishment parties and their indifference toward the plight of Northern Nationalists.

Orchard park

yeah but your spreading the shit across all of us.......................

seafoid

Michelle O'Neill obviously didn't think either albert Reynolds or Stardust were germane regarding today's decision.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 04:23:05 PM
yeah but your spreading the shit across all of us.......................

Only those who defend the Free State establishment's attitude to the North.

Rossfan

When you stop using the "Free State" nonsense people might look through all the pontificating bombast and try to see have you a point about anything.
As I said before this thread is ABOUT SINN FÉIN and has come to life today because of actions of their elected leading lights.
His own Party leadership is putting a bit of manners on him so they know he is out of order.
No amount of irrelevant stuff about who did or didn't do what from 1921 to 1969 from SF.
If you want to bombastically pontificate and insult 4.5 million people start a new thread.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

3 months off on full pay doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me . . . He doesn't even go into Parliament anyway so what the f**k are they suspending him from?!

AQMP

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2018, 03:20:03 PM
3 months suspension for McElduff. Probably lucky not to be fired. Though firing him may have been harsh. He should however desist from tweeting rubbish.

He should have been fired for being a complete buffoon.  SF would have won any by-election and the issue would have been closed down quickly.