Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 13, 2017, 10:00:50 PM
Pogba really does stink proving Fergie right with every game

Nonsense. He missed a great chance near the end but otherwise had a good game. He will prove to be a great buy.

stiffler

14th draw this season.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Stallion

I'm not sure how Fergie letting a player go for peanuts who is subsequently one of the most expensive players in history reflects well on Fergie. Seems like ineptitude to me.

Thy Kingdom Come

The Man Utd players should become artists.

They just love to draw.

;D

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: GJL on April 13, 2017, 10:03:47 PM

Nonsense. He missed a great chance near the end but otherwise had a good game. He will prove to be a great buy.

Tick tock. I hope im wrong but I was at the Bournemouth game the other week and saw first hand a truly pathetic performance. Tonight was better but he should have finished the tie with that chance, will it be costly?

The Stallion

I doubt it. Utd should swat aside a team as poor as that at home.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Stallion on April 13, 2017, 10:20:55 PM

Not swatting anyone away at OT this season unfortunately.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Manchester United have failed to beat worse sides than Anderlecht in Old Trafford this season and a 2-2 or 3-3 result next Thursday will put the Belgium side through.

stiffler

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 13, 2017, 10:27:10 PM
Manchester United have failed to beat worse sides than Anderlecht in Old Trafford this season and a 2-2 or 3-3 result next Thursday will put the Belgium side through.

A 1-1 draw and penalties also.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

Quote from: stiffler on April 13, 2017, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 13, 2017, 10:27:10 PM

A 1-1 draw and penalties also.

A scenario that shouldn't surprise anyone if it comes to pass.

Hotrocks

Quote from: The Stallion on April 13, 2017, 10:06:15 PM

I'm not sure how Fergie letting a player go for peanuts who is subsequently one of the most expensive players in history reflects well on Fergie. Seems like ineptitude to me.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

seafoid

I am looking forward to the singing of the Chelsea fans
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

NAG1

Typical performance for this season, dominate the ball looking threatening and just not getting the second goal to kill off a game.

The team were more than solid, as good as Ibra is and has been this season sometimes he can over play it when a simple through ball is on, especially when he had Rashford and Lingard making runs for him last night.

Other than it being a worrying trend (something which I expect JM to know better how to fix than us) I still think they will qualify for the next round quite comfortably at OT.

magpie seanie

Personally thought Pogba was useless last night. I nearly fell off the couch when I heard Hargreaves praising him. Carrick controlled midfield and again gave a masterclass which might have papered over the cracks but Pogba was crap, as he has been most of the time this season. You'd be better off starting Fellaini who at least tries and does the simple things. Pogba is seriously brain dead and looks like he is being indulged. Watch him when he gets the ball. His first impulse is always yo look for contact - he wants to show how strong he is. Rather than looking for a pass or space he looks for and opponent to out muscle. It's driving me daft watching him. Was also annoyed at Rashford being withdrawn last night. Obviously his goal last weekend had lifted his confidence and he looked better than he has done recently. I don't think Jose understands (or cares) that constantly substituting young lads can impact their confidence.

Mourinho is moaning about fixture congestion yet he has let 3 players go since January and brought none in. Last night United should have won by 2 or 3 at least and killed the tie enabling him to rest lads for the second leg but they didn't seem to have the attitude to push on. They seem content to "control" the game despite this approach biting them in the arse repeatedly all season. Control is an illusion, a goal can come from nothing. Scoring more goals is the best defence and more importantly, that's what Manchester United are supposed to do. The manager is a fraud......he's not a Manchester United manager.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2017, 10:51:41 AM
Personally thought Pogba was useless last night. I nearly fell off the couch when I heard Hargreaves praising him. Carrick controlled midfield and again gave a masterclass which might have papered over the cracks but Pogba was crap, as he has been most of the time this season. You'd be better off starting Fellaini who at least tries and does the simple things. Pogba is seriously brain dead and looks like he is being indulged. Watch him when he gets the ball. His first impulse is always yo look for contact - he wants to show how strong he is. Rather than looking for a pass or space he looks for and opponent to out muscle. It's driving me daft watching him. Was also annoyed at Rashford being withdrawn last night. Obviously his goal last weekend had lifted his confidence and he looked better than he has done recently. I don't think Jose understands (or cares) that constantly substituting young lads can impact their confidence.

Mourinho is moaning about fixture congestion yet he has let 3 players go since January and brought none in. Last night United should have won by 2 or 3 at least and killed the tie enabling him to rest lads for the second leg but they didn't seem to have the attitude to push on. They seem content to "control" the game despite this approach biting them in the arse repeatedly all season. Control is an illusion, a goal can come from nothing. Scoring more goals is the best defence and more importantly, that's what Manchester United are supposed to do. The manager is a fraud......he's not a Manchester United manager.

MS I know you have it in for JM which is fine that is your opinion and it isn't going to change.

But I thought last night was down to the players and they need to carry the can for it, they were more than wasteful in front of goal.
If Miki, Ibra, Rashford or Pogba take their chances the team walk away comfortable winners on the night with the tie all but done. Job done and prep for Chelsea.

Instead of talking about how good Carrick was again (which I see as a bit of decent management actually, he looks fresh and ready for the run in) we are talking about another silly draw.