Dublin v Tyrone 7th March 2015 7pm - 20 years ago since 1995 AI final Rivalry

Started by Fuzzman, February 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: An Watcher on March 02, 2015, 11:11:29 PM
Does it really matter if he touched it or not. He occupied defenders who otherwise could have been pushed up the field.  Not to worry though as we got there in the end. Just a pity for some of the players from that team

Of course it matters. If he never touched the ball then I fail to see how he could have affected the result ?

Why are you Tyrone lads so paranoid  about this ::)

muppet

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 03, 2015, 12:27:43 AM
Does it really matter if he touched it or not. He occupied defenders who otherwise could have been pushed up the field.  Not to worry though as we got there in the end. Just a pity for some of the players from that team

Of course it matters. If he never touched the ball then I fail to see how he could have affected the result ?

Why are you Tyrone lads so paranoid  about this ::)

You used to be better at this. Has stalking Seafoid for so long meant you have lost your mojo?
MWWSI 2017

Canalman

What you tend not to hear from some Tyrone posters here about that game is balance.

Tyrone got imo anyway some huge refereeing breaks in the 2003 AIF * and a soft penalty against Dublin in 2005 replay for example. There are probably more examples and there isn't a county in Ireland that hasn't been harshly treated or benefited from lady luck and borderline refereeing decisions.

Iirc the freecount in the 1995 final was heavily weighed in favour of Tyrone.

All a long time ago anyway.

* Apologies for allowing Armagh posters to pile in to the thread.

Club Rossa

We got what our performance deserved that day.Having watched the game numerous times it was a poor display from a Tyrone team which relied too heavily on the one man.

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on March 03, 2015, 09:20:36 AM
What you tend not to hear from some Tyrone posters here about that game is balance.

Tyrone got imo anyway some huge refereeing breaks in the 2003 AIF * and a soft penalty against Dublin in 2005 replay for example. There are probably more examples and there isn't a county in Ireland that hasn't been harshly treated or benefited from lady luck and borderline refereeing decisions.

Iirc the freecount in the 1995 final was heavily weighed in favour of Tyrone.

All a long time ago anyway.

* Apologies for allowing Armagh posters to pile in to the thread.

I always hate the free count statistic - the freecount 'for' is always going to be higher if the opposition fouls more often.  The simple fact regarding the 1995 final is that a player was sent-off and did not immediately leave the pitch and a legitimate point to equalise was not given.  The fair result in that game would have been a draw.  I was too young to remember the aftermath, but was there no big push for a replay or anything like that? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Club Rossa

I think the County board issued a statement the following day saying there would be no appeal going in.

rrhf

Fuzzman

Anyway lads.
This Sats game suddenly means a lot more to both teams. With both dropping more points at the weekend both will be keen to get back to winning ways.
Tyrone will be hoping to emulate the Mayo performance  combined with the lads upping their performance with the Croke park big crowd, Fuzz's birthday thing.
Dublin will be hurting a bit after Kerry's style of softening them up.
It's been s while since we beat the Dubs but sadly I can't see it happen this weekend.

A bit like Donegal, Monaghan and Cork we seem to no longer have the psychological edge over teams any more.
Hopefully its like the league final 2 years ago but I fear we have gone backwards under our current management but then I was shocked by the Mayo victory. I expect Dubs to play a much more potent forward line this time out.
Dublin by 6

rrhf

I just hope Tyrone can match the physicality of the Dubs as patently illustrated in THE BATTLE OF KILLARNEY

Lamh Dhearg Alba

The Redmond fiasco and the wrongly disallowed point were heartbreaking at the time but ultimately Tyrone didn't play well enough on the day. It was far from a vintage Dublin team and I reckon one of the weakest All-Ireland winning sides in recent memory. But only two Tyrone men scored and the majority of the scores were from frees. Easy to blame the ref but Tyrone just didn't do enough that day.

Very tough for Tyrone this weekend but they have done reasonably well against the Dubs in the league in recent years so you never know. Even a draw would be a very good result.

rrhf

Tyrone will give the dubs their fill of it this Saturday. Kerry and done gal have shown up a soft centre.  I'd say gavin is a worried man.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: rrhf on March 04, 2015, 10:54:01 PM
Tyrone will give the dubs their fill of it this Saturday. Kerry and done gal have shown up a soft centre.  I'd say gavin is a worried man.

eh?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

nrico2006

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 04, 2015, 08:23:19 PM

The Redmond fiasco and the wrongly disallowed point were heartbreaking at the time but ultimately Tyrone didn't play well enough on the day. It was far from a vintage Dublin team and I reckon one of the weakest All-Ireland winning sides in recent memory. But only two Tyrone men scored and the majority of the scores were from frees. Easy to blame the ref but Tyrone just didn't do enough that day.

Very tough for Tyrone this weekend but they have done reasonably well against the Dubs in the league in recent years so you never know. Even a draw would be a very good result.

It ultimately wasn't their own performance though that decided the game, it was 2 bad calls made from the referee.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'