Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 29, 2020, 05:08:01 PM
Twitter today is full of pictures and videos of people queuing for the barbers, people giving out about people taking pictures and videos of queues for barbers and people giving out about people giving out about people taking pictures of queues for barbers
And...cut!

screenexile

Quote from: johnnycool on June 29, 2020, 03:33:45 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 29, 2020, 02:32:42 PM
Yup

Jamie, Ruth Dudley Edwards and Trump are my chosen gobshites. I often wonder how Jamie does it, does he ever sleep?

Ian Og's parody account was good, caught out RDE, the arsehole.

Anyone follow guido fawks?

Would do that a bit myself a few right wingers in the UK and a couple of nuts in the US a good bit but they are mostly mental.

I find it mad the echo chambers these things are though. For example I watched a film called "The Personal History of David Copperfield" because I mostly like Ianucci's stuff and the comments on twitter were very complimentary.

I loved the film but noticed the rating on imdb was quite poor (6.3)and then I went into the comments . . .

QuoteOne of Dickens greatest comedy-dramas cheapened into a ridiculous slapstic comedy with an unrealistic PC cast that makes no sense in Victorian England.

QuoteFor me movies are about:
Believability and Escapism
The movie utterly fails on this regard with the over colourised casting of ethnic minority members #replacing what originally should've been a European White cast, being in the mid 1800s the story is set in.

QuoteFor example, having an Indian David Copperfield born to a white woman, Mr Wickfield being Asian and his daughter Agnes being black, as well as the white Steerforth's Mother being played by a black actress. There are also many other examples in the film. This colourlind casting is very distracting.

QuoteFor example, having an Indian David Copperfield born to a white woman, Mr Wickfield being Asian and his daughter Agnes being black, as well as the white Steerforth's Mother being played by a black actress. There are also many other examples in the film. This colourlind casting is very distracting.

I think we all need to broaden our horizons on both sides of the left/right divide!

general

Dustin the Turkey - worth a follow. Controversial comment recently and had to backtrack.

a fecking puppet turkey from ireland

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Anyone follow Ruth Dudley Edwards? An absolute hateful individual. She uses the death of John Hume to further her own hatred of nationalists.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2020, 10:14:12 PM
Anyone follow Ruth Dudley Edwards? An absolute hateful individual. She uses the death of John Hume to further her own hatred of nationalists.

That says a lot about her, even Gregory Campbell could rise to the occasion.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

qubdub

Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2020, 10:14:12 PM
Attention seeking bitch

BennyCake

Is there any way to get rid of adverts on Twitter?  I only use it to follow the football scores, and I'm feckin' bombarded with ads!

johnnycool

Biden campaign for the US elections ignored Twitter as only 22% of the US electorate are on Twitter.

dec

Looks like Elon Musk will get Twitter

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/tech/elon-musk-twitter-sale-agreement/index.html

Twitter said Monday it has agreed to sell itself to Elon Musk, who will take the company private in a deal valued at around $44 billion.
The deal caps off a whirlwind news cycle in which the Tesla and SpaceX CEO became one of Twitter's largest shareholders, was offered and turned down a seat on its board and bid to buy the company — all in less than a month.
Under the terms of the deal, shareholders will receive $54.20 in cash for each share of Twitter stock they own, matching Musk's original offer and marking a 38% premium over the stock price the day before Musk revealed his stake in the company.

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," Musk said in a statement Monday. "Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

clarshack

Does this mean the likes of Trump and Jim Corr will be back lol?

trailer

It's a massive sewer full of rats. Maybe he'll clean it up but unlikely. The number of anonymous trolls on it is crazy. Look under any politicians tweet and bots or trolls replies from rival parties is just vile.

imtommygunn

It's not going to get any better with this boy. I think some people think they pick their causes and selectively choose who to "cancel" etc. He's probably just not going to "cancel" anyone so it'll be worse lol.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2022, 08:42:19 AM
It's not going to get any better with this boy. I think some people think they pick their causes and selectively choose who to "cancel" etc. He's probably just not going to "cancel" anyone so it'll be worse lol.

Free speech is alright if you crack down on fake/anonymous accounts and the bot armys where someone has to own the shít they put up in a court of law.

says Johnnycool  ;D

rosnarun

People's current iidea of right Free speech is more 'Right to agree with me'

We have a right to condemn what anybody says but not to stop them from saying it .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere