The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Main Street on March 13, 2015, 11:01:04 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 13, 2015, 09:50:27 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 13, 2015, 09:33:12 PM

One of the main things about getting through to the last 8 is the prize money, some Eur300k just for qualification. It would more than double all what Ireland earned in the group. It would mean  the hotel and travel bills be paid on time and unlike the Scots, would not have to pass the helmet around, to pay the tab.

Yet it's still considerably less than Zimbabwe will get for failing to even get out of the group.
Where do get that idea about Zimbabwe?
According to the WC prize money distribution, there is no favouritism.
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/icc-cricket-world-cup-prizemoney-increases/2014-11-11

Admittedly I'm basing it upon what happened in 2007. I don't have access to the article at the minute but I'll post it tomorrow. Off the top of my head, I think Ireland got something like $54,000 for rescuing the Super 8s in the West Indies, while Zimbabwe got significantly more.

Main Street

Weather forecast is a dry day for the UAE v WI match

gallsman

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 13, 2015, 11:15:40 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 13, 2015, 11:01:04 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 13, 2015, 09:50:27 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 13, 2015, 09:33:12 PM

One of the main things about getting through to the last 8 is the prize money, some Eur300k just for qualification. It would more than double all what Ireland earned in the group. It would mean  the hotel and travel bills be paid on time and unlike the Scots, would not have to pass the helmet around, to pay the tab.

Yet it's still considerably less than Zimbabwe will get for failing to even get out of the group.
Where do get that idea about Zimbabwe?
According to the WC prize money distribution, there is no favouritism.
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/icc-cricket-world-cup-prizemoney-increases/2014-11-11

Admittedly I'm basing it upon what happened in 2007. I don't have access to the article at the minute but I'll post it tomorrow. Off the top of my head, I think Ireland got something like $54,000 for rescuing the Super 8s in the West Indies, while Zimbabwe got significantly more.

Is that prize money or Mugabe bonus?

OgraAnDun

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/783151.html

And the gross disparity in funding between Ireland and the lowest ranking Full Members would remain. When Ireland reached the Super Eights in the 2007 World Cup, they earned $56,000 in prize money; Zimbabwe, who did not progress beyond Ireland's group, received $11 million. The gulf is only a little less yawning now. Under the new world order, regardless of on-field performance, Ireland will receive around one-eighth of Zimbabwe's funding from the ICC and TV companies every four years.

I'm pretty sure that's money from the ICC.

Main Street

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 14, 2015, 11:02:52 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/783151.html

And the gross disparity in funding between Ireland and the lowest ranking Full Members would remain. When Ireland reached the Super Eights in the 2007 World Cup, they earned $56,000 in prize money; Zimbabwe, who did not progress beyond Ireland's group, received $11 million. The gulf is only a little less yawning now. Under the new world order, regardless of on-field performance, Ireland will receive around one-eighth of Zimbabwe's funding from the ICC and TV companies every four years.

I'm pretty sure that's money from the ICC.
That article is total misinformation as regards those prize money figures.
In 2007 Ireland earned $250,000 as  a q/f loser, on top of the group money - probably $56,000.
The total prize money in 2007 was a mere  $5m.
So how could Zimbabwe have earned a prize of $10m for doing nothing of note?
http://www.tsmplug.com/cricket/icc-world-cup-prize-money/

I'd say the players are desperate to get to the qf this time as they would surely receive a bonus.

OgraAnDun

Well there's me put back into my box!

Main Street

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 14, 2015, 05:21:01 PM
Well there's me put back into my box!
No need for that .....just yet. You had information and you had a source,  that's  better than most around here :)

OgraAnDun

There's still basically no hope of the UAE winning in my opinion but the longer they keep this going, the later in the day the match goes on and the closer to the rain we get.

Time to break out the rain dance yet?

Ball Hopper

UAE all out for 175.  WI already on 33 for 1. As good as game over as could ever be seen, unless the UAE bowlers go crazy.

If WI get it done in 37 overs or less they will qualify for the quarter finals, irrespective of the Pakistan/Ireland result. 

Norf Tyrone

Ireland's run rate is not going to be good enough for a decent total here.

Some innings by Porterfield mind you.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rossie11

He got no help at all. Only 55 from last 10 overs. Another 30-40 runs would have given them a great chance. Have to early wickets now.
They should do a Chelsea on it surround the ref and start roaring for everything..
What ya reckon Norf  :P ?

Boycey

Pakistan have only scored more than 237 once in this tournament and that was against UAE. They've also been pretty poor chasing a total. Of course now I've said it they'll no doubt knock the runs off in about 30 overs...

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Has to be said Ireland's bowlers are cat.

ONeill

More like it...get wired into them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.