dealers in dead horses to get freebie stadium

Started by rosnarun, December 14, 2007, 02:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Homeless Shamrock Rovers should finally be moving into their new stadium in 2009.

The High Court has cleared the way for South Dublin County Council to complete construction of a community stadium in west Dublin.

Thomas Davis GAA club had taken judicial review proceedings against the Council for its part in the project in Tallaght but the judgement went against them today.

Rovers Club Chairman Jonathan Roche says the club was delighted with the decision
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

his holiness nb

Ros, as you know I am no fan of Rovers but I reckon you should edit that thread title.

Dont stoop to their level.
Ask me holy bollix

full back

:D
Ros, why dont you get off the fence & tell us how you really feel

his holiness nb

Theres a thread about this on the GAA section.
Its great, Thomas Davis board members are texting updates directly to Dublinfella who is kindly filling us in!!
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

...as long as the GAA are not associated with this venture I am ok with it.
The hook previously was that it was municipal and transcended ALL sports including gaelic games , that could play at this venue.
It is obv that gaelic games can not benefit from this and therefore we must ensure we are not seen as a beneficiary (as the GAA are not) - and then we can expect the Gov to fund some GAA stadia around the country or the Dublin GAA centre of excellence/training pitches etc in Rathcoole.
Fairs fair.
But like rovers, that is an expense that should be bourne by the association building and requiring it.
Tax payers money shouldnt be squandered on pitches (especially for those with a track record or embezzlement , financial impropriety and inappropriate and inept management of their own affairs and finances)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: his holiness nb on December 14, 2007, 03:04:22 PM
Theres a thread about this on the GAA section.
Its great, Thomas Davis board members are texting updates directly to Dublinfella who is kindly filling us in!!

more like the rovers guys are texting him directly from courtroom (which is a contempt of court and punishable to the extent as whatever the judge wants to sentence)