any unusual activites for simple mayo folk in new york

Started by rosnarun, May 05, 2009, 08:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

with half of mayo going to new york next week has any one any different or odd ball suggestions of what we might get up to after the match. apart from the usual  sightseeing and visiting your aunties type stuff . I havnet bee before so i intenfd to spend one day crossing sight off my list rockerfella centre empire state building world trade towers base ball game ellis island  ect.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mylestheslasher

Ellis Island is a really interesting, if terribly sad place. Give the baseball a miss, boring shite.

AFS

You'll be doing well to get in all those in one day. You have to factor in queues when heading to places like the Empire State and Ellis Island.

ludermor

Quote from: rosnarun on May 05, 2009, 08:36:24 PM
with half of mayo going to new york next week has any one any different or odd ball suggestions of what we might get up to after the match. apart from the usual  sightseeing and visiting your aunties type stuff . I havnet bee before so i intenfd to spend one day crossing sight off my list rockerfella centre empire state building world trade towers base ball game ellis island  ect.

Keep an eye out for a few commas when you are there!

thebandit

Empire State building is over-rated.... Go to the top of the rockefeller centre. Not up just as high but same effect. Plus its on 5th avenue so you are likely to be heading that direction anyway.

Twin towers site is eerie.... always seems to be cold around it!

rosnarun

Quote from: ludermor on May 05, 2009, 10:01:53 PM
never found that shop met a few nuns in my teens tried to pass a few off on me  your not sr patrica are you?

rosnarun

Quote from: ludermor on May 05, 2009, 10:01:53 PM

illtryagain

never found that shop met a few nuns in my teens tried to pass a few off on me  your not sr patrica are you?

ludermor

rosnarun

Quote from: AFS on May 05, 2009, 08:44:45 PM
You'll be doing well to get in all those in one day. You have to factor in queues when heading to places like the Empire State and Ellis Island.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(please insert as required).

my point iin listing those out was to get them out of, the way a hoped people would give me better ideas . ive no intention of queueing for a couple of hours to go to a large height to look down at where ive co,me up from. and pay for the privilege

FL/MAYO

The Statin Island ferry is a nice boat ride, inexpensive and you will see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. When you come back in you will be able to walk to Wall Street then onto Ground Zero. Use the subway system its the cheapest and quickest way to get around NYC. Stay out of all bars that are called Blarney Stone, Blarney Rock, Blarney Castle etc as they are all mostly dumps.

rosnarun

ok i've got the big sites covered. anything with a little more Pizzaz? or a bit o umph or  whap
some suggestions i got was the coyote ugly bar, comedy cellar,Chelsea village

nifan

QuoteChelsea village

you do realise chelsea is the gay district?
Did you mean greenwhich village?

And coyote ugly bar is shite.

rossie mad

Chelsea village

Sure thats where all the mayo fans want go ;D

ludermor

Quote from: rossie mad on May 06, 2009, 09:35:01 AM
Chelsea village

Sure thats where all the mayo fans want go ;D

Suppose not harm trying something new, we are sick of f**king rossies.

EC Unique

Get a chopper sight seeing tour around Manhatton. $200 but well worth it ;)