Wrightbus

Started by Hereiam, November 27, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Guys what is with this company that just doesn't sit right.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30234234

T Fearon

Be interesting to see what percentage of their workforce is Catholic

Hereiam

I would say there would be very few.

gallsman

Is it not renowned for being firmly under the control of some rather unseemly characters from the other side of the fence?

muppet

Quote from: Hereiam on November 27, 2014, 08:55:15 PM
I would say there would be very few.

Is the law very strict about this in the North?
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

It does tend to be. You've to fill in fec stuff pre employment. Not sure if that's the case elsewhere but i would guess it is?

If you don't cover yourself people could get a lot out of you at a tribunal.

muppet

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 27, 2014, 10:27:25 PM
It does tend to be. You've to fill in fec stuff pre employment. Not sure if that's the case elsewhere but i would guess it is?

If you don't cover yourself people could get a lot out of you at a tribunal.

That's what I thought.
MWWSI 2017

Apparently so

They have been forced to start hiring more catholics in the last few years

Personally, I wouldn't work for them going by their history. A dodgy shower of bastards imo

Know a few lads who work there and they it is absolutely miserable

Milltown Row2

Christians own it. Even have Church in grounds of company. Have had loads of dealings with them in my last job. Didn't know any catholic workers that whole time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

michaelg

Quote from: Apparently so on November 27, 2014, 10:51:47 PM
They have been forced to start hiring more catholics in the last few years

Personally, I wouldn't work for them going by their history. A dodgy shower of b**tards imo

Know a few lads who work there and they it is absolutely miserable
Misreable for the non Christian / good-living Prods too I'm sure. 

armaghniac

In the language used in the previous posts there seems an acceptance that Catholics are not Christians, which seems rather odd. Perhaps Milltown's post should have had quotes, "Christians" own it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

It is actually quite odd armaghniac that quite a number of protestants describe themselves as christian though I've never heard a catholic say it.

Christian and good living are two things you seem to hear certain denominations of the protestant faith say. It seems to be those of the presbyterian persuasion from what I have seen.

screenexile

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 28, 2014, 10:27:54 AM
It is actually quite odd armaghniac that quite a number of protestants describe themselves as christian though I've never heard a catholic say it.

Christian and good living are two things you seem to hear certain denominations of the protestant faith say. It seems to be those of the presbyterian persuasion from what I have seen.

I was always fascinated by that quote "Oh they're good living". What does that mean? I like to think I live quite good but it seems to mean that you go to Church all the time and don't swear. Big whoop!!!

Franko

Quote from: screenexile on November 28, 2014, 10:53:55 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 28, 2014, 10:27:54 AM

I was always fascinated by that quote "Oh they're good living". What does that mean? I like to think I live quite good but it seems to mean that you go to Church all the time and don't swear. Big whoop!!!

I think it's the 10% of your earnings to the church that makes the difference between 'good living' and living good.

Brick Tamlin

Its all a load of oul shite.
Behind closed doors they are all bating their wives and riding each others wives and up to all sorts of dodgy antics.
The minute I hear about supposed good or 'clean living' folk it just conjures up images of the opposite.
Nobody on this island we live on is Good or Clean living.