Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

They had 2 weeks of International football to get things done.Now seeking an interim while Carrick and co hold the forth

maldini

His legacy
Took them over in 6th and was sacked with them in 8th

Main Street

It's a weird one when it happens that a manager on trial does very well but as soon as the contract is confirmed, the results change for the worst.
Carrick as temp manager for the rest of the season appears light weight/self destructive.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Main Street on November 21, 2021, 11:29:28 PM
It's a weird one when it happens that a manager on trial does very well but as soon as the contract is confirmed, the results change for the worst.
Carrick as temp manager for the rest of the season appears light weight/self destructive.
Not according to club statement

Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gawa316

An interim for an interim...madness!

How did they not have anything in the pipeline?

From the Bunker

Man Utd are a Big Club. Not just anyone can be a Man U Manager. I know the appointment of OGS contradicted this (and possibly Moyles also). You have to have a Big Club mentality to successfully Manage a Big club. Every game Big clubs expect to win. Roy Hodgeson had this problem in his time at Liverpool. He thought losing a game here and there was acceptable. That average players were acceptable.

When you appoint a Manager of Man U, You are appointing a person who holds weight in the football world. He will be dealing with top players who must respect him and must make the club attractive to the top players to join the club because of his name.

seafoid

Man Utd is a whorehouse . The culture is rotten.
The owners don't care about football. All they want is money.
Enough points to get into the Champions League. To keep the tills moving. Glory glory Man Utd.

The club has been incoherent since before 2013.

The coaching is abysmal. The rot runs through the club.
And the fans are still loyal. 

https://youtu.be/Ng0Y_1bWn5g
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

CK_Redhand

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 21, 2021, 10:41:12 AM
Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2021, 10:36:33 AM
Best of luck Ole...  Still a legend

I never understood this thinking from United fans. From what I mind he was a sub who scored that one big goal.

He was the Origi of the late 90s.
According to wikipedia:
Appearances / goals:
Solskjaer 235 /91
Origi 102 / 20

Not sure how many were as sub

Hound

Quote from: CK_Redhand on November 22, 2021, 07:15:50 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 21, 2021, 10:41:12 AM
Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2021, 10:36:33 AM
Best of luck Ole...  Still a legend

I never understood this thinking from United fans. From what I mind he was a sub who scored that one big goal.

He was the Origi of the late 90s.
According to wikipedia:
Appearances / goals:
Solskjaer 235 /91
Origi 102 / 20

Not sure how many were as sub
Ole was a far superior player to Origi.

The extraordinary thing about him was he was just happy to be at United as a player. Didn't mind at all that he was always a sub, unless there were injuries or the game was not overly important. Whereas if he'd gone to a Spurs or Valencia or Inter, he'd have been first choice and probably got more money. Perhaps even more games may have helped him develop more as a player.
But a very valuable commodity for Ferguson to have had that standard of player happy to be on the bench all the time.

seafoid

Daily Telegraph

"Only at United, surely, can a club bring in Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho and go backwards"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lurganblue

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2021, 10:46:59 AM
Daily Telegraph

"Only at United, surely, can a club bring in Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho and go backwards"

Sancho doesnt seem to have a clue and no body has been telling him.

Astonishing that they didnt do this during the international break.  It took a beating by Watford to know it was time to change? Christ...

Big cabbage head Bruce is available  ;)

bigarsedkeeper

Heavy rumours now of Poch coming straight in taking the need for the 2nd interim. What's your thoughts?

I'm not 100% sure on him but he's an upgrade on the current situation. I like that he wants it and mostly he's not Brendan Rodgers. Couldn't get behind that, he's obviously a good manager but he's just weird. Too many cringey quotes and that sort of shit.

NAG1

Poch has been a target in the past and it just hasnt worked out. I think it would be a decent appointment, all the rumours going about are that he wants more say on the football side of things at PSG but won't get them.

I wouldn't see anything wrong with him coming in and having full say on the football side of things at United, as there doesnt seem to be anyone else capable of making coherent decisions.

Armamike

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2021, 10:46:59 AM
Daily Telegraph

It's never about names or individuals.  Not everybody believed Ronaldo would improve them. They've imploded since he arrived.  Doesn't run much, and only able to mooch these days.  They were a very good counter attacking side until he arrived.  Criminal to bring in promising young players like Sancho and Van De Beek and not give them a chance.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Why hasn't this guy featured a lot in the names put forward? Diego Simeone, his style of play or has he cottoned on that its not worth the hassle?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea