Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 20, 2021, 11:06:44 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 20, 2021, 10:28:56 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 20, 2021, 07:25:03 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 20, 2021, 07:09:51 PM
They will making an attempt for Zidane according to Palmeri.

Seen that alright. I do feel for Ole, he looked broken today in the post match interview.

I don't feel sorry for him myself. I lost faith in Ole after they lost the Europa League final, set up United poorly. He decided to keep Lingard and doesn't play him, barely played Van De Beek when he paid over 40 million.

Spent 80 million on Harry Maguire when there was probaly better players in Europe for half the money.

Lingard ridiculous wages would be one reason why it was difficult to get rid of him. It's Woodward that does the spending his buddy Matt Judge does the negotiations on transfers fees and contracts. Biggest fault on Maguire by Solskjaer was giving him the captains armband and refusing to drop him this season.

Lack of game time for De Beek gives a indication that Ole wasn't in favour of that signing or didn't impress enough whenever he played.

Not dealing with Pogba who will likely go for free and not signing a good quality defensive midfielder was pure incompetence from the board.

It's said Ole wanted to keep Lingaed after his performances at West Ham. West Ham would probaly have paid up but United weren't prepared to sell in the summer

Ole would still havehad a role in signing Maguire.

He was too loyal to certain players. Mata another kept on for the sake of it and just filling a Squad number. A good player but should have been gone a while

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on November 21, 2021, 06:34:39 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 20, 2021, 10:36:14 PM
Gone.
That's sad news to wake up to.
I'm astonished they gave him so long in the job when it was obvious very early on that he wasn't good enough. Everyone could see that apart from Man United fans though.
A shame that the fun is over.

I don't think that was the case. As I said before, he did well initially, and should have been kept until the end of the season, patted on the back for a reasonably good job well done. He was never the right man. It was always going to come to this. It was just  a matter of when.

Boycey

Best of luck Ole...  Still a legend

RedHand88

Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2021, 10:36:33 AM

I never understood this thinking from United fans. From what I mind he was a sub who scored that one big goal.

He was the Origi of the late 90s.

Square Ball

Interesting that Carrick has been appointed interim manager to the end of the season.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

quit yo jibbajabba

Think its Carrick while they look for an interim manager...

Still strange one unless theyre waiting for someone to become available end of the season.

If Carrick does well therell be some craic....

Hound

Seen that alright. I do feel for Ole, he looked broken today in the post match interview.

I don't feel sorry for him myself. I lost faith in Ole after they lost the Europa League final, set up United poorly. He decided to keep Lingard and doesn't play him, barely played Van De Beek when he paid over 40 million.

Spent 80 million on Harry Maguire when there was probaly better players in Europe for half the money.

Lingard ridiculous wages would be one reason why it was difficult to get rid of him. It's Woodward that does the spending his buddy Matt Judge does the negotiations on transfers fees and contracts. Biggest fault on Maguire by Solskjaer was giving him the captains armband and refusing to drop him this season.

Lack of game time for De Beek gives a indication that Ole wasn't in favour of that signing or didn't impress enough whenever he played.

Not dealing with Pogba who will likely go for free and not signing a good quality defensive midfielder was pure incompetence from the board.
Ole had no say in any of the signings. His job regarding in and outs was just to nod at the appropriate time. He was of course in charge of picking the team, etc.

A lot of criticism on social media of Carrick and some lad called McKenna. I think most of the fans want the lot gone and a clean slate for whoever the new manager is.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 21, 2021, 10:52:18 AM

Still strange one unless theyre waiting for someone to become available end of the season.

Can't see him doing well myself. Sure isn't he part of the current set up. Said earlier today Utd's board would fcuk it up and this interim until they get an interim doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Saffrongael

Yeah unless Carrick is a hidden gem but he is part of OGS regime and they were one of the worst coaches "big" teams I have seen in a while.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 21, 2021, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 21, 2021, 10:52:18 AM

Can't see him doing well myself. Sure isn't he part of the current set up. Said earlier today Utd's board would fcuk it up and this interim until they get an interim doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest.

Agree. But if he did ok it could be another Ole scenario....

rodney trotter

Quote from: Hound on November 21, 2021, 10:54:40 AM

Ole had no say in any of the signings. His job regarding in and outs was just to nod at the appropriate time. He was of course in charge of picking the team, etc.

A lot of criticism on social media of Carrick and some lad called McKenna. I think most of the fans want the lot gone and a clean slate for whoever the new manager is.

Why are you so sure he had no say? Darren Fletcher is the technical Director, he would have delegated with him regarding signings in the summer.
They were after Sancho for 12 months.  Ole had no say in that?

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on November 21, 2021, 11:25:33 AM
Back when David Moyes was giving us all laughs as Man United manager we were told he wouldn't be sacked as it wasn't the Manchester United way... since then 4 managers have been sacked.
The Manchester United way is a load of bollox really isn't it?

Im not sure who peddled that "Man Utd way" nonsense. United didn't have to worry about sacking a manager for 25 years. You'll never see that sort of reign again. Even a very successful manager is unlikely to spend more than 6/7 years in a job now. Football has changed now. Fans/clubs want success yesterday.

It's similar to the talk of the "Down way" of playing Gaelic. Down have good teams in the 60's and 90's, but you can't have that swashbuckling style with every team. You have to play a style that suit the players you have.

seafoid

michael owen

@themichaelowen

It has to be the worst possible time for @ManUtd to be looking for a new manager. Early in the season with hardly any top managers available. The only obvious one available is Zidane but the language barrier is surely a huge issue. An interim manager looks likely - again.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GJL

The usual a$$holes who 'never post on the Utd thread' I see.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 21, 2021, 10:41:12 AM
Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2021, 10:36:33 AM

I never understood this thinking from United fans. From what I mind he was a sub who scored that one big goal.

He was the Origi of the late 90s.

In regards to minutes on the pitch I believe Solskjaer the player was one of the most productive players in the history of the Premier league