Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Padraig Clancy to Graiguecullen I hear....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

yes i heard that as stated in a previous post,,good coup for the graigue men

From the Terrace

I would not of given senior footballer of year to colm begley, he may haven been the best player in senior championship. County board could Show a bit of loyalty and pick a stradbally  footballer who has kicked football in laois all his life ala maher, kelly & buggie. Just an opinion.

Don Draper

Quote from: From the Terrace on November 11, 2016, 10:42:01 AM
I would not of given senior footballer of year to colm begley, he may haven been the best player in senior championship. County board could Show a bit of loyalty and pick a stradbally  footballer who has kicked football in laois all his life ala maher, kelly & buggie. Just an opinion.
Stradbally had no issues with Begley going, they understood the reasoning. They welcomed him back with open arms. They're well used to dealing with transfers. It wasn't a problem for them, not sure why it should be for anyone else.

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: From the Terrace on November 11, 2016, 10:42:01 AM

Nonsense, the award is for the best player simple as that, wgat he did or didnt do in the past is irrevelent, thats just pure political bullshit your after saying

From the Terrace

Predictable responses, Everything about laois football is political btw, not sure what way laois football panels are being selected now, but i know for a fact back at the start of the slump 2008 in laois minor footballers it was who you were got your game with laois. Was at both minor games we lost that year to longford & at home to louth, there was a young lad with a belly on him playing half back it was laughable, cause we had donie kingston everything was going to be alright.

steven seagal

I think it's funny that you think it has only been since 2008 politics has played a part in the selection of county teams. I attended a minor trial back in the early 2000s where we played the Leinster U-17 team. It was supposed to be for lads trying to make the Laois panel, but as we found out when we got there, a Portlaoise player already on the minor panel had failed to make the Leinster U-17 team, so he was drafted in to play the match and we were encouraged to give the ball to him at every opportunity, so he could show the Leinster selectors how good he was. There has been bullsh*t around county team selections for years, and it didn't just happen when the arse started to fall out of the thing around 2008. It is unavoidable, and I'm sure variations of the same oul shite happens everywhere.

From the Terrace

I never said it started in 2008, it began more noticeable to me then, we had better footballers not making laois panels because their father wasn't important enough, doubt that happens to same extent in any other county.

redsetanta

If you're good with greyhounds you'll get on well in Laois GAA.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi