Laois Under 21 Football championship 2016

Started by Hospital Pass, October 18, 2016, 12:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOppurtunist

Quote from: The Monument Road on October 23, 2016, 05:13:24 PM
Quote from: SCFC on October 23, 2016, 03:28:22 PM
Good win for Graigue over Port today. Sarsfiels hammered Ballylinan Glenmore and Joes/House comfortable over Courtwood Emo Rock yesterday.
For three clubs combined Ballylinan/Glenn were horrific....no imput from either Kileen or Arles  worth talking about bar young Brennan from Arles. Same could be said for Courtwood/Emo/Rock another 3 club combination. Joes/Bh ran riot in the second half. Very talented outfit with 8 or 9 of Joes senior team playing.Joe Higgins twin boys are some talent...

Ballylinan/glenmore hadn't trained once all year and were missing a few key players, how are they expected to compete against a mountmellick team who were properly set up and trained for weeks beforehand, might want to look at the set up rather than slating young lads.

SCFC

Quote from: TheOppurtunist on November 03, 2016, 02:18:42 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on October 23, 2016, 05:13:24 PM
Quote from: SCFC on October 23, 2016, 03:28:22 PM
Good win for Graigue over Port today. Sarsfiels hammered Ballylinan Glenmore and Joes/House comfortable over Courtwood Emo Rock yesterday.
For three clubs combined Ballylinan/Glenn were horrific....no imput from either Kileen or Arles  worth talking about bar young Brennan from Arles. Same could be said for Courtwood/Emo/Rock another 3 club combination. Joes/Bh ran riot in the second half. Very talented outfit with 8 or 9 of Joes senior team playing.Joe Higgins twin boys are some talent...

Ballylinan/glenmore hadn't trained once all year and were missing a few key players, how are they expected to compete against a mountmellick team who were properly set up and trained for weeks beforehand, might want to look at the set up rather than slating young lads.
Why hadn't they trained? Their senior clubs were finished up?
I think they should be in the B. It would give them a chance to compete.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

TheOppurtunist

Portbush

Quote from: SCFC on November 01, 2016, 09:27:32 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 01, 2016, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: SCFC on November 01, 2016, 02:18:05 PM
I'd say Laois is one of the more difficult counties in which to get an internal transfer.

And rightly so.

Quote from: SCFC on November 01, 2016, 02:18:05 PM
The Ramsbottom Bowe Langton transfers still piss me off 20 years on. Park could've been senior with them three lads. Strad would have won f***all without them.

Greg Ramsbottom, Tom Bowe and Podge Langton? Did all three go at the same time? Background on that?
It's so long ago now I can't remember. I could be wrong but I think Langton pulled a stroke by transferring to Naas or Leixlip or somewhere like that and then back not to Park but to Stradbally. Not at all sure of the timeframes but all within 2 years is my guess.

Portbush

Park are not the only club to lose out on players from there area playing with neighbouring clubs.i see my own club had players from the heart of the town playing with O Dempsey.Good football players that would have in my opinion help port win one or two more titles back in the 90s. Mouthmel lick players playing for the rock there are a lot of clubs in the same boat.its something I don't understand

town1980

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Stradbally P.G   0-13
Graiguecullen    1-09

Great game that could have went either way..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

I heard today rumour r whatever that p clancy is over graigcullen for the coming year???

BallyroanAbu

Clancy to Graigue 100%, I think it's a good match and we should see improvement in Graigue next year.   We were sorry to see him leave BallyroanAbbey and he is always welcome back.

town1980

He defiantly made great strides with yee broan Abu ,, it will be interesting to see if he can manage graigcullen many av tried and failed down there a lot failed ,, but potentialnmaybe so will see and he has started well in my opinion also in management,,, passionate fella so will watch there development,, one manager in so,,, now blinian kileen Heath broan

Downtheroad

It's another St Josephs/ Barrowhouse  V Sarsfields U21 final. The teams have won 4 of the last 5. Sarsfields have been surprise packets in that they got hammered at minor for last 3 years. AFAIK they the corresponding team didn't field at minor 3 years ago. Some turnaround. Very competitive game today with Sarsfields just about deserving it. I hate giving out about the ref but......

Laoislad80

Might come as a shock to many but I'm backing  sars to win this reasons being they haven't conceded a goal yet have the same level of firepower(Moore caffery and Jason maher all very good forwards) also going off the semi this sars team have heart and a ever say die attitude. I give Joseph's the edge in the middle but o think Sara can limit Daly and campion if they set up right and Morris is in good form at full back so id say he can limit Michael keogh but I don't see a player off Joseph's that'll keep Moore quite and caffery and maher speed will
Be very hard to handle if their double mark Moore and leave them two space

Mock

I think its going to be a very interesting final with both teams well ahead of the rest in this grade., as they say the " the cream will always rise to the top". Sars do indeed have a good one  in Sean Moore with caffery and darragh Connelly fine players also, but only a fool would rule out Joes/barrowhouse with campion, james Kelly,adain brennan, two baldwins, daly, Dylan doyle, Keogh and  Aaron Cooney in goals  all  with inter county experience  on the team and joes have only conceded 2 goals (both penalty's) so far. Its going to be very close but id go Joes by 4+

Downtheroad

Quote from: Mock on November 15, 2016, 05:49:36 PM
I think its going to be a very interesting final with both teams well ahead of the rest in this grade., as they say the " the cream will always rise to the top". Sars do indeed have a good one  in Sean Moore with caffery and darragh Connelly fine players also, but only a fool would rule out Joes/barrowhouse with campion, james Kelly,adain brennan, two baldwins, daly, Dylan doyle, Keogh and  Aaron Cooney in goals  all  with inter county experience  on the team and joes have only conceded 2 goals (both penalty's) so far. Its going to be very close but id go Joes by 4+
Is Peter Kealy back? They also have Lir McDonald and the two Higgins twins which makes them quite a handful. Most of them are underage for a couple of more years.