Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: antrimman667 on February 02, 2021, 11:20:21 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on February 01, 2021, 07:29:18 PM
Transfer deadline day.. what city clubs are poaching other clubs players today?? big money moves across the city!
I had a good laugh at this :D

Glad I brightened up your day!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 02, 2021, 01:01:15 PM
Transfer deadline day.. what city clubs are poaching other clubs players today?? big money moves across the city!

Piss aff!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Just seeing that suspensions having been handed down to Cork and Down for breaking training regulations.

Think we would need to be taking a look at this and any clubs involved need a serious bit of cop on.

marty34

Quote from: NAG1 on February 02, 2021, 02:10:37 PM
Just seeing that suspensions having been handed down to Cork and Down for breaking training regulations.

Think we would need to be taking a look at this and any clubs involved need a serious bit of cop on.

You'd think the risk of getting caught at a collective training session nowadays would be too risky?

Maybe these bans will slow things down a bit.

Dunsilly King

Hard to understand why any club would be going with a collective training session, makes no sense. I know of a few grounds with lights making the pitch available for evenings for individuals to train. Can't train in the dark, unlike in April/May/June where you had evening light and could use a local field to keep fit.

There will be some amount of injured players at club level this year. Gyms shut, teams can't train. Physio's will make a fortunes  ;D 8)

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2021, 01:01:38 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on February 02, 2021, 01:01:15 PM

Piss aff!!

Not very nice of you  ;)

whatwillbwillb

I must say we (Clubs) may be getting very resourceful these days, now take the scenario of lets say an U20 football team brought down to the pitch staggered times in small groups throughout the morning organised previously, to do a run then a fitness test etc etc for the new management team, and the new management team just happened to be in the clubhouse at a meeting about the possible new season etc etc etc. Then the police who possibly are driving around doing their job, see this regularly over a period of time and inquire is there training going on? Whats your opinions gents ? Its a tough one!

Belfast GAA man

if managers and players are there its officail session - simple

paddyjohn

Quote from: groundlie on February 04, 2021, 10:16:39 AM
Antrim Hurlers training away. Been spotted out several times.

Where at? I think this accusation was dismissed on the Hurling page.

AirlockCityCentre

12 week ban for Paddy Tally, can we expect to see more of the same for some of these clubs allegedly training?

paddyjohn

Quote from: AirlockCityCentre on February 04, 2021, 10:31:07 AM
12 week ban for Paddy Tally, can we expect to see more of the same for some of these clubs allegedly training?

You'd hope so. I've heard rumours of North Antrim teams also training on the sneak.

Anybody and any club found breaking these rules should be punished severely. Shows a complete lack of respect and leadership.

Na Glinntí Glasa

id be very surprised if any teams are training. I know lads have individual training/running to do for teams but theres no where to train at night as everywhere is closed.

i work from home every day and can see our pitch and i can def confirm theres no one training in it. Nothing but constant walkers and runners is all you see.

If teams are breaking the rules then plain and simple kick them out of the championship. It will solve it all
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Round where I'm at there are pitches and boys are training in twos there but that's it. It's also soccer pitches which are well hidden so if GAA teams wanted to train this would be the place for them and they aren't lol.

delgany

CCC proposing single round leagues with promotion and relegation for winners only in hurling and football.  With group based championship format, like last year.

AirlockCityCentre

Quote from: delgany on February 05, 2021, 11:57:54 AM
CCC proposing single round leagues with promotion and relegation for winners only in hurling and football.  With group based championship format, like last year.

Seems like an ambitious schedule, when are they thinking this might start?