?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

michaelg

Quote from: straightred on March 10, 2021, 12:14:52 PM
Quote from: tiempo on March 10, 2021, 12:02:07 PM
Just saying like its great to see the smiles on the faces of children and ordinary decent teddy bears in the context of a sporting victory achieved in some style against the backdrop of covid and a 10 year journey from the bottom tier of Scottish football. Hard to imagine anyone disagreeing with that.

Except they aren't smiling. 6th Sam summarised it very well earlier. Its anger and gloating and carnage and woe betide anyone who dares call them out. Its behaving like thugs and then refusing to own it. It's mock sympathy in the form of vile chanting for the victims of child abuse while conveniently ignoring the victims who were abused within the walls of Ibrox (one was abused in the managers office ffs). They only ever want to own the good stuff. The bad stuff is always someone else's fault. Totally accepting Celtic's shameful past in this regard to this day the huns haven't apologised for the abuse at the hands of their coaches. Only a few years ago they told one victim who was seeking redress to contact the old club as it was nothing to do with them. Its an old club when they are counting titles but a new club when it comes to addressing liabilities. They can't have it both ways.

I repeat what I said previously. There is no old firm. Celtic want nothing to do with them and who could blame them.
Funny how you reference gloating (Can you see the Rangers etc) and thuggery (Supporters throwing stones at their own team's bus) without even a hint of irony!

straightred

Quote from: michaelg on March 10, 2021, 02:46:20 PM
Just saying like its great to see the smiles on the faces of children and ordinary decent teddy bears in the context of a sporting victory achieved in some style against the backdrop of covid and a 10 year journey from the bottom tier of Scottish football. Hard to imagine anyone disagreeing with that.

Except they aren't smiling. 6th Sam summarised it very well earlier. Its anger and gloating and carnage and woe betide anyone who dares call them out. Its behaving like thugs and then refusing to own it. It's mock sympathy in the form of vile chanting for the victims of child abuse while conveniently ignoring the victims who were abused within the walls of Ibrox (one was abused in the managers office ffs). They only ever want to own the good stuff. The bad stuff is always someone else's fault. Totally accepting Celtic's shameful past in this regard to this day the huns haven't apologised for the abuse at the hands of their coaches. Only a few years ago they told one victim who was seeking redress to contact the old club as it was nothing to do with them. Its an old club when they are counting titles but a new club when it comes to addressing liabilities. They can't have it both ways.

I repeat what I said previously. There is no old firm. Celtic want nothing to do with them and who could blame them.
Funny how you reference gloating (Can you see the Rangers etc) and thuggery (Supporters throwing stones at their own team's bus) without even a hint of irony!

There's different levels. No issue with the "can we see us now" stuff. That's good humoured banter. Have you looked at the videos from the weekend. Up to their knees in fenian blood and all crap. Trashing the celtic shop, trashing george's square. There's even one lad having a w**k while the mob encourage him. That's the levels you're dealing with here.

I'm not going to stand up for clowns throwing stones at a bus but don't anyone try to tell me that both sides are equal. They're not and they never have been.

paddyjohn

trailer

Quote from: straightred on March 10, 2021, 01:41:23 PM
Quote from: tiempo on March 10, 2021, 12:29:19 PM

Srsly?

yes seriously. Had they celebrated with some class and dignity then you might had have a point. However, they didn't. They went on a drunken, bigoted maurade and abused everyone and anything in their way. No doubt there'll be a covid spike in a week or so - who will they blame for that

Celtic or Rangers?

6th sam

Totally agree, Celtic supporters haven't covered themselves in glory at times, but at least Celtic don't try to defend them. What really annoys me is the supremacist "we are the people" ethos , manifested by expecting the council to remove benches so that they can celebrate Unimpeded in a pandemic.

What also annoys me is the "old firm" nonsense. It's like two bald men fighting over a comb. Rangers have 55 titles apparently , I couldn't tell you how many Celtic have. I judge Celtic by their success (or lack of it) in Europe not an ugly local dogfight blighted by sectarianism. The two main protagonists in Scottish football have massive advantages over everybody else in Scotland . Winning a two-horse race 50% of the time is nothing to be shouting about. Getting  closer to the top of the European stage is far more meaningful.

Posters on here normalising Rangers rivalry with Celtic to Man City v Man Utd , Spurs v Arsenal , Liverpool v Everton , seem to forget Rangers ignominious history and ethos. I am not aware of another club in the world who had similar religious restrictions . Those that want to airbrush this out of Rangers , go ahead but most of us don't buy it.

trailer

Quote from: 6th sam on March 10, 2021, 04:17:56 PM

Totally agree, Celtic supporters haven't covered themselves in glory at times, but at least Celtic don't try to defend them. What really annoys me is the supremacist "we are the people" ethos , manifested by expecting the council to remove benches so that they can celebrate Unimpeded in a pandemic.

What also annoys me is the "old firm" nonsense. It's like two bald men fighting over a comb. Rangers have 55 titles apparently , I couldn't tell you how many Celtic have. I judge Celtic by their success (or lack of it) in Europe not an ugly local dogfight blighted by sectarianism. The two main protagonists in Scottish football have massive advantages over everybody else in Scotland . Winning a two-horse race 50% of the time is nothing to be shouting about. Getting  closer to the top of the European stage is far more meaningful.

Posters on here normalising Rangers rivalry with Celtic to Man City v Man Utd , Spurs v Arsenal , Liverpool v Everton , seem to forget Rangers ignominious history and ethos. I am not aware of another club in the world who had similar religious restrictions . Those that want to airbrush this out of Rangers , go ahead but most of us don't buy it.

People only support Celtic and Rangers because of sectarian element. If it didn't have that they'd have no fans. Nobody watches that football by choice. The sectarianism keeps them relevant in the 21st century.

bennydorano

Well that is hardly worthy of a big yawn.

6th sam

Quote from: trailer on March 10, 2021, 04:20:32 PM

People only support Celtic and Rangers because of sectarian element. If it didn't have that they'd have no fans. Nobody watches that football by choice. The sectarianism keeps them relevant in the 21st century.

I'm not a big fan of any soccer team, but have an affinity with Celtic because of their origins, as a beacon for the beleaguered Irish diaspora in Scotland. From those noble charitable beginnings they enhanced the self esteem of the Glasgow Irish , to reach the absolute peak as a club in the most popular sport in the world. That is an origin and achievement to be very proud of, it's lazy analysis to portray that affinity as sectarianism. Rangers chose to bring religion into it, presumably to exclude The Irish diaspora. It's a bit like the DUP being accused of being anti-Catholic whereas in fact they are anti-Irish . 

Snapchap

Now there's a bit of manure if ever I heard it. I don't keep an eye on any premiership results because I don't really care about any premiership clubs. I could pick a team but it would be an arbitrary choice. I haven't watched a Celtic game in years but they are one team I do keep an eye on for their results. Why? Because they are a club with strong Irish connections, so I'd rather them do well. There's nothing sectarian about that. I appreciate that you are only coming out with such arrogant nonsense as a means of virtue signalling, but surely you can think of better ways to feel better about yourself than by fabricating bogus reasons that you're somehow above others who you've just decided are sectarian for supporting Celtic.

Main Street

Celtic and Rangers and the two sides of the same coin phrase?
I get it and I agree with it
All coins have 2 different sides.  therefore the meaning taken from the phrase  is  having 2 different/opposite approaches to the same situation.

Celtic partied in a carnival atmosphere after their 'stop the 10'  season in 97/98
Rangers fans  after their 'stop the 10'  season according to the police, rioted to a degree, grovelled in sectarian bile  and broke the law.

tonto1888

Such a sad little man

michaelg

Quote from: straightred on March 10, 2021, 03:06:16 PM

There's different levels. No issue with the "can we see us now" stuff. That's good humoured banter. Have you looked at the videos from the weekend. Up to their knees in fenian blood and all crap. Trashing the celtic shop, trashing george's square. There's even one lad having a w**k while the mob encourage him. That's the levels you're dealing with here.

I'm not going to stand up for clowns throwing stones at a bus but don't anyone try to tell me that both sides are equal. They're not and they never have been.
Up to their knees in fenian blood vs Songs about Lee Rigby & Mountbatten.  Seems equal enough to me.

tonto1888

Quote from: michaelg on March 10, 2021, 06:18:25 PM

Up to their knees in fenian blood vs Songs about Lee Rigby & Mountbatten.  Seems equal enough to me.

I've said it before. Never heard Celtic fans sing about Mountbatten but don't see why you've any reason to lie about it. Can't excuse either but sings about Mountbatten or Lee Rigby are hardly favourites or sang often unlike the Billy boys. Hardly a like for like comparison

michaelg

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 10, 2021, 06:42:18 PM
Quote from: michaelg on March 10, 2021, 06:18:25 PM

I've said it before. Never heard Celtic fans sing about Mountbatten but don't see why you've any reason to lie about it. Can't excuse either but sings about Mountbatten or Lee Rigby are hardly favourites or sang often unlike the Billy boys. Hardly a like for like comparison
Alright then, what about the Pro IRA songs and IRA chants at Celtic Park.  Is that a close enough 'likeness'?

paddyjohn

A guy w**king himself , a guy shiting himself , a guy pissing himself , guys cutting about with stauners , guys stealing , guys kicking f**k out each other , guys smashing up benches , guys smashing up shops , guys blowing themselves up with fireworks

Different club. Same fans.