The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Just watching the rest of TSG earlier. TOS talks about Donegal v Meath, Brolly butts in. TOS tries to finish his point and Brolly keeps rabbiting on. TOS then makes a face, and raises the eyebrows, more or less to say, how the hell can I get talking with this bollix here?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: BennyCake on July 16, 2019, 12:07:58 AM
Just watching the rest of TSG earlier. TOS talks about Donegal v Meath, Brolly butts in. TOS tries to finish his point and Brolly keeps rabbiting on. TOS then makes a face, and raises the eyebrows, more or less to say, how the hell can I get talking with this bollix here?

Impossible to watch when the two of them keep talking at the same time.
Des is no addition - doesn't have the ability to control the show.
At one stage all three of them were talking at the same time
Hasta la victoria siempre

omaghjoe

ToS is a reasonable pundit comes across as genuine enuff apart from when talking about Kerry. After the Munster final he had the whole country convinced  Kerry were useless.

Brolly continues to out do himself. Score counting was hilarious not to mention how Donegal are offensive maestros now and Tyrone just park the bus  ::)

Then there was the bit were he tried to call out ToS for saying Tyrone had lost their nerve.. when the only person had that was himself (in the middle of the Donegal Meath analysis no less ;D)...shows the level of narcissism hes at that only hears himself.

Hilarious stuff altogether

RedHand88

Des comes across as s really nice man but he's not fit to control a panel the way Joanne is.

trileacman

It's clear enough now that Cantwell and spillane have refused to work with brolly and looks like it won't be long until TOS decides likewise. You couldn't blame them. He really is a cretin.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Farrandeelin

Watched the Kerry Mayo game yesterday for my sins and I thought Oisin McConville was excellent doing co-commentary. Time to put Dessie Dolan out to pasture and let McConville in.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 16, 2019, 05:03:51 AM
ToS is a reasonable pundit comes across as genuine enuff apart from when talking about Kerry. After the Munster final he had the whole country convinced  Kerry were useless.

Brolly continues to out do himself. Score counting was hilarious not to mention how Donegal are offensive maestros now and Tyrone just park the bus  ::)

Then there was the bit were he tried to call out ToS for saying Tyrone had lost their nerve.. when the only person had that was himself (in the middle of the Donegal Meath analysis no less ;D)...shows the level of narcissism hes at that only hears himself.

Hilarious stuff altogether

Whether TOS or anyone, is a good or bad pundit, he should be allowed to speak and  get his point across without that bollix constantly cutting in and disrupting his flow and concentration.

When I see Brolly on TSG, or Ger Canning on commentary, I have the same reaction, "Ah, for fucks sake!"

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 16, 2019, 09:46:07 AM
Watched the Kerry Mayo game yesterday for my sins and I thought Oisin McConville was excellent doing co-commentary. Time to put Dessie Dolan out to pasture and let McConville in.

Serotonin levels were way to low to watch a repeat, but I fully agree with you, Oisin McConville is a breadth of fresh air, would like to hear more of him.

The folks I truly dislike and can ruin a good game are,

Marty, (Ridiculous and stupid monologue at the throw-in followed by usual geography lessons)
Dessie, adds absolutely nothing, how the hell did he get that job.

Rest I can tolerate,

Dream team is Darragh Moloney and Kevin McStay.
Both really good at their respectful roles.

While I am on the matter of BS, Senan must have a PHD in it.
Lets go to the sideline for an update from Senan .
"Well the X manager is really giving an earful to the fourth official as he doesnt think his team are getting enough frees."
Ok really insightful. I could go on, to other outbursts of verbal diarrhea, but have to get back to work.

Other than him, Sky is excellent.

Rest I can tolerate,

thewobbler

Once you adapt to his nasally tones, Oisin is by some distance the best pundit in the game. He does his research, has an appreciation for all forms of tactics, seemingly knows every player in the country, and is willing to call a spade a spade without being nasty or parochial.

square_ball

Oisin McConville and Marry Clarke were consistently excellent on the BBC coverage. Mark Sidebottom is also a far better presenter than commentator.

kerryforsam19

Quote from: joemamas on July 16, 2019, 01:23:41 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 16, 2019, 09:46:07 AM

Serotonin levels were way to low to watch a repeat, but I fully agree with you, Oisin McConville is a breadth of fresh air, would like to hear more of him.

The folks I truly dislike and can ruin a good game are,

Marty, (Ridiculous and stupid monologue at the throw-in followed by usual geography lessons)
Dessie, adds absolutely nothing, how the hell did he get that job.

Rest I can tolerate,

Dream team is Darragh Moloney and Kevin McStay.
Both really good at their respectful roles.

While I am on the matter of BS, Senan must have a PHD in it.
Lets go to the sideline for an update from Senan .
"Well the X manager is really giving an earful to the fourth official as he doesnt think his team are getting enough frees."
Ok really insightful. I could go on, to other outbursts of verbal diarrhea, but have to get back to work.

Other than him, Sky is excellent.

Rest I can tolerate,

McStay is good but prefer Martin McHugh, like Oisin Mcconville knows modern tactics. Dessie Dolan is a disaster

BennyCake

Quote from: square_ball on July 16, 2019, 01:44:25 PM
Oisin McConville and Marry Clarke were consistently excellent on the BBC coverage. Mark Sidebottom is also a far better presenter than commentator.

Especially when he does things like fist-bumping the two pundits  ;D

A bit unorthodox is aul Sidey, but he's a decent scud. The show wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there. He bounces well off Oisin and Marty.

southtyronegael

Had the dodgy box goin for last weekend football. Watched all games and sky totally wiped the floor with rte as far as coverage goes.

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on July 16, 2019, 02:34:39 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 16, 2019, 01:44:25 PM

Especially when he does things like fist-bumping the two pundits  ;D

A bit unorthodox is aul Sidey, but he's a decent scud. The show wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there. He bounces well off Oisin and Marty.
Those trio are the deal, BBCNI trumps all.

Jayop

If the game happened to be on all three channels I'd probably go Sky (providing Clerkin isn't on co-comm), then BBC and then I'd probably listen on the radio before watching RTE (slight sarcasm).