Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Mickey Harte hits out at the media after Tyrone's McKenna Cup defeat

https://t.co/3jrPVGB4wh

Throw ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 18, 2018, 05:27:51 PM

He was easily wound up with what appeared to be a reasonable question. 

omagh_gael

Quote from: Throw ball on February 18, 2018, 06:33:52 PM

I'd imagine it was the frequency of the same question that was the straw that broke the camels back. We'll never go all out attack but we are playing with slightly more adventure, for example, we've been playing with a two man FF line for the majority of games this year and are using the early kick pass into the FF more frequently.

twohands!!!

I think what kills him is he has to know himself how Gavin and the Dubs completely mugged him off.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 18, 2018, 06:39:01 PM

I'd imagine it was the frequency of the same question that was the straw that broke the camels back. We'll never go all out attack but we are playing with slightly more adventure, for example, we've been playing with a two man FF line for the majority of games this year and are using the early kick pass into the FF more frequently.

The obvious change this year is in itself an admission that the style last year was flawed. His attempt to argue that Tyrone were playing a similar style to other teams is bizarre. It's like the folk at teamtalk posting pictures of Dublin with all of their men in their own half and suggesting that it was the same as Tyrone. Yes everyone pulls all their players back at times now, but the Tyrone style of the past two years was based on trying to take the extreme Donegal model and making it more defensive. It was a flawed system and there was never any evidence it could beat one of the top teams.  Tyrone would have beaten all the sides they won against last summer playing a more open style, and they would almost certainly have been more competitive against Dublin having more of a go too. Their style of play meant they were effectively beaten before 10 minutes were played. Embarrassing stuff for the manager, probably no surprise he is a bit touchy about it. 

never kickt a ball

McKenna Cup
The 2019 Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup launch takes place on Wednesday 5th December at 6.30pm in the Europa Hotel, Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7AP. 

2019 Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup
All Sunday games at 2:00pm; All midweek games at 8:00pm.

30th Dec (Sun): Round 1
6th Jan (Sun): Round 2
9th Jan (Wed): Round 3
13th Jan (Sun): Semi Finals                       
19th Jan (Sat) Final   
N.B.   All Fixtures potentially should be considered as floodlit games.

Throw ball

Will Tyrone seek to postpone first match as they are on holiday.

BennyCake

Quote from: Throw ball on December 02, 2018, 05:06:04 PM
Will Tyrone seek to postpone first match as they are on holiday.

I say throw them out of the competition!

never kickt a ball

Group A
Donegal
Cavan
Down
QUB

Group B
Antrim
Monaghan
Armagh
St Mary's

Group C
Derry
Fermanagh
Tyrone
UU Jordanstown

the goal was on

Dear GAA
Can you please tell me me how Tyrone can play on the 15th when they are not allowed to return to training or fixtures until 1st of Jan? Will the GAA be charged with breaking there own rules! Fairly obvious Tyrone will be back training prior so will they face the same sanctions as Wexford and Armagh

never kickt a ball

Quote from: the goal was on on December 05, 2018, 08:35:44 PM
Dear GAA
Can you please tell me me how Tyrone can play on the 15th when they are not allowed to return to training or fixtures until 1st of Jan? Will the GAA be charged with breaking there own rules! Fairly obvious Tyrone will be back training prior so will they face the same sanctions as Wexford and Armagh

I'm hearing it's all part of the back stop

Itchy

Dear GAA

Is the 15th not 2 weeks after the 1st?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Itchy on December 05, 2018, 09:27:01 PM
Dear GAA

Is the 15th not 2 weeks after the 1st?

15th December
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tyrdub

who are they playing on the 15th and where?

Tyrone Dreamer

On here is the only place I have saw the 15th mentioned. Everywhere else says Tyrone play Fermanagh on Sunday 16th December. Haven't saw an official fixture yet or mention of a venue. You'd think if it's a home game for Tyrone they would have a bit of sense and not play it in Omagh.