Mick O'Dwyer

Started by Bud Wiser, November 05, 2007, 09:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: JOEPPT on November 07, 2007, 03:10:48 PM
Read a bit of it in Sunday papers. Great article. He has his views on most things and is at a stage of his life that he can say what he likes. Like all the others is also looking for the Xmas book market

I read those excerpts as well.....I got the impression that he was backing the GPA "money for the players" campaign because if he wasnt seen to be doing that he would be the ultimate hypocrite.
The Aristocrat Years

The Lord of Luuuvre

The Lord of Luuuvre will not be purchasing this book.

The Lord of Luuuvre believes Mick O'Dwyer has enough money already without The Lord of Luuuvre lining his pockets.

Besides, The Lord of Luuuvre has better things to do, like reading Keith Duggan's book about Mayo.
Greetings and salivations

Donnellys Hollow

Happy birthday Micko!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 09, 2016, 11:37:51 AM
Happy birthday Micko!

+1 - We'll always have 98 and 2000 thanks to you.

Before Corporate GAA you could get 30k Kildare supporters at a game now we are struggling to get 3k...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Happy birthday Micko.
The 2nd greatest manager of all time!  ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on June 09, 2016, 01:41:23 PM
Happy birthday Micko.
The 2nd greatest manager of all time!  ;)

Didn't think you would be a Heffo fan.  :D
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 09, 2016, 12:24:08 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 09, 2016, 11:37:51 AM
Happy birthday Micko!

+1 - We'll always have 98 and 2000 thanks to you.

Before Corporate GAA you could get 30k Kildare supporters at a game now we are struggling to get 3k...

It's amazing what a bit of positivity can do. The man has it in spades. His greatest gift as a manager was instilling belief into players no matter how limited they were. Supporters bought into it as well.

Everything about inter-county GAA these days is mired in negativity. How things have changed in less than twenty years.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 09, 2016, 02:31:13 PM
His greatest interview
if that was a Meath game they'd have been gone home with the cup by that stage

Sandy Hill

...... And he did it all without taking a penny from any county board; some man for one man!!
"Stercus accidit"

mup

Happy 80th Micko. What a legend.

Probably my favourite game under him was the 2000 Leinster Final replay. I stood on the hill for the first game and I was half glad we didn't win. That's for another day.

But the replay brings back memories. Struggling all over the field and 6 down at half time (I think). The Hill singing and laughing. That didn't last long. Within two minutes we were level and dominated the second half. It was like men against boys. Won by 5 in the end with Dublin only getting 2/3 points in the second half. It made it even sweeter that Tommy Carr was the Dublin manager.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: mup on June 10, 2016, 09:26:37 AM
Happy 80th Micko. What a legend.

Probably my favourite game under him was the 2000 Leinster Final replay. I stood on the hill for the first game and I was half glad we didn't win. That's for another day.

But the replay brings back memories. Struggling all over the field and 6 down at half time (I think). The Hill singing and laughing. That didn't last long. Within two minutes we were level and dominated the second half. It was like men against boys. Won by 5 in the end with Dublin only getting 2/3 points in the second half. It made it even sweeter that Tommy Carr was the Dublin manager.
Before Dublin got their millions in coaching grants