Sam Maguire permutations

Started by seafoid, April 11, 2023, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

At least both Derry,Monaghan will have two week to prepare which should be the case for all last 8 teams.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Scarlet

When will we know the days?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Quote from: Schkite on July 02, 2023, 03:40:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2023, 01:41:06 PM
It's a bit like the Wizard of Oz

Monaghan don't seem to have  courage to beat the big teams
Derry don't seem to have a brain
Mayo don't have a marquee forward
The Dubs don't have the elixir of youth
Kerry don't have David Moran
And then there is Cork

Fcuk me, I know alot of stuff is thrown at Monaghan, but this must be the first time I've seen something say they lack courage
This is not about regular matches

Monaghan do not believe that they can win the all Ireland
That is very sad imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f-35cMdd90&t=2410s

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 06:03:19 PM
Derry Monaghan final. Written in the stars.

Same as minors
Same last 4 too
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

inroundthesquare

Dublin 1/6
Kerry 4/11

Thought both would be shorter to be honest

Mario

Kerry conceded the kick out to Tyrone, I don't think you can do that vs Derry as they won't give the ball away cheaply in attack like Tyrone did, making Kerry look great on the counter. Derry also have a stronger midfield than Kerry if they do force the kickouts long. The game will be tighter than people think and I fancy Derry's chances of an upset.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 02, 2023, 06:20:04 PM
When will we know the days?
Tomorrow, I'd say Kerry v Derry will be on the Saturday after the Tailteann cup final and Dublin v Monaghan on the Sunday
nil satis nisi optimum

Blowitupref

Tailteann cup final already set for 3pm on Saturday.

At a guess

Saturday

Kerry v Derry 5pm

Sunday

Dublin v Monaghan 4pm

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

full moon

As much as I was glad Monaghan beat Armagh, I think Armagh likely would give Dublin a better game.

That said I don't think Derry or Monaghan will do any worse than the likes of Mayo and Tyrone showed this weekend. That was extremely disappointing by both sides who are much more fancied, many tipping them to win those games.

Eire90

Could anyone be arsed with a kerry dublin final if it is that might be a good game but people are going to become disillusioned if they them two keep dominating.

full moon

Quote from: Eire90 on July 02, 2023, 09:44:27 PM
Could anyone be arsed with a kerry dublin final if it is that might be a good game but people are going to become disillusioned if they them two keep dominating.
I'm disillusioned myself after the weekend. Far too many awful matches, most games are either very negative like Derry Cork or mismatches like Mayo Dublin etc

Id rather also see Dublin or Kerry not win everything since they have dominated throughout history. I do think the media try to play down how far ahead Dublin and Kerry are to make it seem more interesting. There was huge guff about Galway and Mayo being the favourites this year, well the past week said it all about that.

Gael80

Quote from: full moon on July 02, 2023, 09:42:02 PM
As much as I was glad Monaghan beat Armagh, I think Armagh likely would give Dublin a better game.

That said I don't think Derry or Monaghan will do any worse than the likes of Mayo and Tyrone showed this weekend. That was extremely disappointing by both sides who are much more fancied, many tipping them to win those games.

Monaghan will rightly be looking forward to semi final. I would rate Mayo stronger than Monaghan in championship football and if Dublin are as motivated and go at Monaghan like they did Mayo, it could be one of the biggest winning, All Ireland semi final margins ever.

I think Derry are better than Tyrone but I don't see them keeping a Kerry winning margin below 8 points.

It's going to be a classic All Ireland Final this year, can't wait for it.

Steps

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 02, 2023, 08:27:35 PM
Tailteann cup final already set for 3pm on Saturday.

At a guess

Saturday

Kerry v Derry 5pm

Sunday

Dublin v Monaghan 4pm

Almost... Will be 6pm

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Gael80 on July 02, 2023, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 02, 2023, 09:42:02 PM

Monaghan will rightly be looking forward to semi final. I would rate Mayo stronger than Monaghan in championship football and if Dublin are as motivated and go at Monaghan like they did Mayo, it could be one of the biggest winning, All Ireland semi final margins ever.

I think Derry are better than Tyrone but I don't see them keeping a Kerry winning margin below 8 points.

It's going to be a classic All Ireland Final this year, can't wait for it.

Depends how Monaghan set up defensively if as poor and loose marking as Mayo it won't be pretty.

Derry has a set system in place that game could be a slugfest

markl121

Saturday July 15

All-Ireland SFC Semi-Final

Dublin v Monaghan, Croke Park, 5.30pm, RTE/BBC

Tailteann Cup Final

Down v Meath, Croke Park, 3pm, RTE

Sunday July 16

All-Ireland SFC Semi-Final

Derry v Kerry, Croke Park, 4pm, RTE/BBC

All-Ireland JFC Final

New York/Warwickshire v Kilkenny/London, Croke Park, 1.30pm