The Béal Bocht Bowl - Donegal v Mayo, Ballybofey, March 25th, 2018

Started by IolarCoisCuain, March 18, 2018, 06:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Right. Let's see who can do the best poor mouth about winning this and staying up.

I saw a Mayo poster remark on another thread that going down would be no big deal, as our veterans need a rest and D2 would be a chance to blood new players. Sadly, no. D1 is where you blood players. If you're in D2 your only aim for the year is to get out of it.

The League is more important than the Championship when you're not in in D1 because if you're not in D1 all you are is summertime cannon-fodder anyway. Look how long Galway were down there. Meath are still there. Cork didn't bounce back immediately.

Nervous times, boys and girls. Nervous times.

Farrandeelin

I've seen that same comment myself. Sometimes I wonder if people have a clue. I am lucky enough to be in Enniskillen this weekend so I hadn't to witness what happened today. I won't know until Sat eve if I'll be able to go to this one.

A draw will be enough for Mayo, yet I know that playing for a draw doesn't work in Gaelic football, unlike soccer. Mayo have never won in Donegal. The players have to buck up in the next 7 days for that stat to change.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo Mick

We should have rested players this year and given more fringe players a run. We are going to be relegated without any benefits in terms of resting experienced players or giving more young players a run. Don't know what Rochford was at - everything should have been about the Galway game this year and the league used accordingly.

BTW Donegal will win by 5+
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 18, 2018, 07:36:21 PM
I've seen that same comment myself. Sometimes I wonder if people have a clue. I am lucky enough to be in Enniskillen this weekend so I hadn't to witness what happened today. I won't know until Sat eve if I'll be able to go to this one.

A draw will be enough for Mayo, yet I know that playing for a draw doesn't work in Gaelic football, unlike soccer. Mayo have never won in Donegal. The players have to buck up in the next 7 days for that stat to change.

What Mayo games have you attended this year?

From the Bunker

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on March 18, 2018, 06:57:08 PM

Right. Let's see who can do the best poor mouth about winning this and staying up.

I saw a Mayo poster remark on another thread that going down would be no big deal, as our veterans need a rest and D2 would be a chance to blood new players. Sadly, no. D1 is where you blood players. If you're in D2 your only aim for the year is to get out of it.

The League is more important than the Championship when you're not in in D1 because if you're not in D1 all you are is summertime cannon-fodder anyway. Look how long Galway were down there. Meath are still there. Cork didn't bounce back immediately.

Nervous times, boys and girls. Nervous times.

Monaghan, Donegal and Tyrone bounced back. Roscommon or Cavan look like they will bounce back this year. If you are good enough you'll bounce back.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 18, 2018, 07:56:15 PM

Kerry and Dublin games.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 18, 2018, 08:19:09 PM

Kerry and Dublin games.

I have attended them all. Most have been bore fests. Kerry, Dublin, Galway and Tyrone games were over coming into the home stretch! Most I have left early to beat the traffic! Results were never in doubt in those games! The League is a unwanted distraction to this group! They have no heed on winning it and days like today only add to our injury list!

Cunny Funt

Ballybofey the venue i think and Donegal have their best record in Ballybofey.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 18, 2018, 08:27:48 PM
Ballybofey the venue i think and Donegal have a their best record in Ballybofey.

Yes, they win nathin in Letterkenny!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 18, 2018, 08:27:48 PM
Ballybofey the venue i think and Donegal have their best record in Ballybofey.

Thanks for the tip Cunny. Fixed the headline now.

seafoid

I think Donegal are níos mó trína chéile than Mayo at the moment so I would expect Mayo to win but tsk tsk for leaving it to the last minute. Donegal are struggling with the loss of the all Ireland stalwarts and integrating young players, a calvary that Mayo will face later.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on March 18, 2018, 09:03:18 PM
I think Donegal are níos mó trína chéile than Mayo at the moment so I would expect Mayo to win but tsk tsk for leaving it to the last minute. Donegal are struggling with the loss of the all Ireland stalwarts and integrating young players, a calvary that Mayo will face later.

We always leave it to the last minute and always get away with it! Our number will be up someday!

macdanger2

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 18, 2018, 08:26:52 PM

Kerry and Dublin games.

I have attended them all. Most have been bore fests. Kerry, Dublin, Galway and Tyrone games were over coming into the home stretch! Most I have left early to beat the traffic! Results were never in doubt in those games! The League is a unwanted distraction to this group! They have no heed on winning it and days like today only add to our injury list!

I've been to three less league games myself but I can't stand people leaving early

From the Bunker

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 18, 2018, 09:32:09 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 18, 2018, 08:26:52 PM

Kerry and Dublin games.

I've been to three less league games myself but I can't stand people leaving early

Either can I! But when you have a 9, 8 and 6 year old with you and the game is done! I'm off! People were freezing today! The choice was made extra easy today!

macdanger2