Ulster Club SFC 2017

Started by general_lee, October 05, 2017, 10:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Great game tonight.  Thankfully it had petered out by the time the soccer came on.  As someone said earlier who needs the county stuff when the club stuff is like that.  Ulster club is one of the best competitions about

mrhardyannual

I only saw the second half but that was the best sport of the night. McGuigan's goal was something else. Soloing on his right when he took that mighty shoulder, regaining balance and shooting the goal with his right was on a par with Maurice Fitz.

southtyronegael

i also want to add how good sean hurson reffed the game. seen him ref a few tyrone championship games and he is as good a ref as ive seen in a long time.

inthrough

Quote from: longballin on November 11, 2017, 11:20:08 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 11, 2017, 11:18:08 PM
Quote from: longballin on November 11, 2017, 11:14:49 PM
Quote from: inthrough on November 11, 2017, 10:12:12 PM
Slaughtneil V Kilcar    36 scores in 60 minutes

Ireland V Denmark     0 scores in 90 minutes

Enough said.

what said? It was a good Gaelic football game and a poor soccer game  :o

I'm a Gaelic man first and foremost but this comparison is absolutely pointless. You get rubbish Gaelic matches just as you get rubbish soccer matches.

Aye thinking the same...
My comparison wasn't between the two codes as such but was more about the courage, imagination, scoretaking, & verve which was on display from fellas who will all have to go to work on Monday morning as opposed to the lack of the above from full time professionals in Denmark. I was at the game in Omagh & watched the soccer when I got home & the difference was night & day. For the record, I also watched the Ireland South Africa rugby match & it was also poor with few moments of genuine excitement.

My own feeling is that modern day professionalism has ruined just about every sport it has touched, soccer, rugby, boxing, the list goes on, while last night in Omagh was simply fabulous on just about every level.

tiempo

Quote from: An Watcher on November 11, 2017, 11:22:00 PM
Great game tonight.  Thankfully it had petered out by the time the soccer came on.  As someone said earlier who needs the county stuff when the club stuff is like that.  Ulster club is one of the best competitions about

Play for Sam/Liam once every 4 years like an Olympics/World Cup, and do it like a RWC, done and dusted in a matter of 6-8 weeks top to bottom. Other 3 years let the clubs get on with the superior product.

Itchy

Derrygonnelly up by a point at half time against Cavan Gaels

mrdeeds

Il Bomber Destro

Enough said.

In one game you're allowed run with the ball in hand and kick or punch it over the bar for scores, in the other you're not.

Ronnie

Aye, and in that game you're even allowed into the opponent's half..

longballin

Quote from: inthrough on November 12, 2017, 08:50:32 AM
Quote from: longballin on November 11, 2017, 11:20:08 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 11, 2017, 11:18:08 PM
Quote from: longballin on November 11, 2017, 11:14:49 PM

Enough said.

what said? It was a good Gaelic football game and a poor soccer game  :o

I'm a Gaelic man first and foremost but this comparison is absolutely pointless. You get rubbish Gaelic matches just as you get rubbish soccer matches.

Aye thinking the same...
My comparison wasn't between the two codes as such but was more about the courage, imagination, scoretaking, & verve which was on display from fellas who will all have to go to work on Monday morning as opposed to the lack of the above from full time professionals in Denmark. I was at the game in Omagh & watched the soccer when I got home & the difference was night & day. For the record, I also watched the Ireland South Africa rugby match & it was also poor with few moments of genuine excitement.

My own feeling is that modern day professionalism has ruined just about every sport it has touched, soccer, rugby, boxing, the list goes on, while last night in Omagh was simply fabulous on just about every level.

Ulster club is great competition but doesn't simply come down to amateur or professional. A lot of GAA football games in recent years have been awful especially at county level.

mrdeeds

Enough said.

I was at a basketball game had twice that amount of scores. Enough said.

Stupid logic.

Ronnie

Agree. What are regarded as the most enthralling 0-0 games ever? 2006 WC semi?

inthrough

Switzerland V Northern Ireland,    1 score in two games, 180 minutes of play.

Just saying like.

Ronnie

On second thoughts, I'll not baw going Tues night...

stew

Quote from: Ronnie on November 12, 2017, 04:22:27 PM
Aye, and in that game you're even allowed into the opponent's half..

Someone needs to tell Tyrone thaat when they play Dublin.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.