AIB Jeff and Kammy road to Croker

Started by mrdeeds, September 05, 2017, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on September 27, 2017, 11:09:59 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2017, 10:46:03 PM
Right we need two British soccer commentators to tell us our games are great,community, and everyone sits together blah blah blah,and imagine the players do it all for nothing (as opposed to the huge sums the games sponsors pay two British soccer commentators to do this).

Did anyone in Ireland with a modicum of interest learn anything new about the GAA from this series.Do we really need people from other countries tellling us that our games are great? I don't.

I think it's an insecurity with Irish people. We seem to want to be constantly liked and need constant reassurance from outsiders about how great we are.

You see it when Irish fans go abroad. Last year at Euros, they picked up their rubbish and changed an auld dolls tyre. Would they do that at home? Would they feck.

Yeah, all those Russians and English rioting in the streets had the right idea.

Would you ever listen to your self - whining like a little bïtch about our country being painted in a good light.

BennyCake

Quote from: Syferus on September 27, 2017, 11:14:22 PM
Right we need two British soccer commentators to tell us our games are great,community, and everyone sits together blah blah blah,and imagine the players do it all for nothing (as opposed to the huge sums the games sponsors pay two British soccer commentators to do this).

Did anyone in Ireland with a modicum of interest learn anything new about the GAA from this series.Do we really need people from other countries tellling us that our games are great? I don't.

I think it's an insecurity with Irish people. We seem to want to be constantly liked and need constant reassurance from outsiders about how great we are.

You see it when Irish fans go abroad. Last year at Euros, they picked up their rubbish and changed an auld dolls tyre. Would they do that at home? Would they feck.

Yeah, all those Russians and English rioting in the streets had the right idea.

Would you ever listen to your self - whining like a little bïtch about our country being painted in a good light.

I'm not whining. Merely pointing out a few truths. Yes they didn't behave like the Russians or the Brits, but we seem to jump through hoops to be liked.

It goes all the way up to government level too, only worse. Arselicking on the world stage, taking it all up the jacksie.

sligoman2

For once I agree with you Sy.

Tony, quit  before you make a total fool of yourself.  I have to say I enjoyed the shows, good banter and they seemed to get on well together, not forced at all.

Good enjoyment, good promotion, just look at the number of views on YouTube ...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 10:02:01 PM
Just asking what was the point of it all? I doubt Jeff and Kammy will ever return to watch GAA,at their own expense.Both they and the likes of John Bishop had seats at the All Ireland Final at the expense of ordinary fans

Tony easy on kid, these bhoys will begin to take you seriously.
)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

I'm as guilty at times as anyone.I did marvel occasionally at how "impressed" they were by us.But afterwards I thought why the hell should I feel like that.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 10:02:01 PM
Just asking what was the point of it all?
Do you ever ask yourself what is the point of all those mostly nonsense threads you have started on here over the last decade?

nrico2006

Well said.  Singing lullabies at a child on a French train too etc.  Cringey as ****.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be liked. It's better than acting the **** trying to be disliked.

I also don't think there's any harm in stepping back and remembering the good things about our country, including the GAA, our generally friendly people, our music, our sport in general, our beautiful countryside etc. We're all the time complaining about bad stuff and if you only ever focus on that you'd be miserable.

No harm in this at all in my opinion.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 28, 2017, 08:23:48 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be liked. It's better than acting the **** trying to be disliked.

I also don't think there's any harm in stepping back and remembering the good things about our country, including the GAA, our generally friendly people, our music, our sport in general, our beautiful countryside etc. We're all the time complaining about bad stuff and if you only ever focus on that you'd be miserable.

No harm in this at all in my opinion.

Agree 100%. Well said. There's enough bad shit out there, we need to remember and celebrate the good stuff too.

Esmarelda

The whole concept of the GAA is something we should be uniquely proud of.

As it doesn't get much exposure outside of this island, it's always fascinating to see newcomers' reactions to it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 28, 2017, 09:33:52 AM

As it doesn't get much exposure outside of this island, it's always fascinating to see newcomers' reactions to it.

It's all good even if the newcomers are getting paid to have reactions to it.

Esmarelda

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 28, 2017, 10:56:03 AM

Who's getting paid and by whom?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 28, 2017, 11:01:11 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 28, 2017, 10:56:03 AM

Who's getting paid and by whom?

Jeff and Kammy by AIB. They couldn't give an arses monkey about Gaelic Games really!

rodney trotter

The presenters on Ireland Am were a bit desperate for the lads approval, of Gaa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hNwnEAG98

AZOffaly

That's the bit I don't like. Putting words in their mouths to say "Oh yeah, way better than soccer, soccer players are gimps". I don't agree with that...