Mayo players influencing referees

Started by Bart McQueen, August 08, 2017, 12:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Gael85 on August 21, 2017, 11:15:52 AM
Quote from: straightred on August 20, 2017, 11:47:19 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on August 20, 2017, 08:27:55 PM
Need to start booking for diving. Jonny Cooper got away with Conor McManus and rightly condemned for it. Diarmuid O'Connor has been involved in a couple incidents where he goes to ground quite easily when slight contact made.

Was it COC that the ref waved at to get up late on the second half today. good to see that - he takes a fall far too easily

Yes that happened around the Hoganstand side. COC dived and Deegan gestured to get up

haven't seen a replay, but at the time I thought a Kerry man went into the back of O'Connor, and Deegan was wrong to not award a foul. I could of course be wrong, and therein lies the difficulty for referees

rosnarun

couple of incident yesterday , kerry had a free , Savage i think came in and flattened the mayo player, he  got booked for it, but kerry kept the free???
keegan running through off the ball to create an overlap pulled down by a kerry player (buckley?) kerry player only gets a yellow . Keegan  has got 2 black card for identical offense in the last year . neither offense here is even questionable as the ref saw them and took action but seemed to be totally unaware if the appropriate punishment
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Gael85

Quote from: rosnarun on August 21, 2017, 11:41:09 AM
couple of incident yesterday , kerry had a free , Savage i think came in and flattened the mayo player, he  got booked for it, but kerry kept the free???
keegan running through off the ball to create an overlap pulled down by a kerry player (buckley?) kerry player only gets a yellow . Keegan  has got 2 black card for identical offense in the last year . neither offense here is even questionable as the ref saw them and took action but seemed to be totally unaware if the appropriate punishment

Should have been throw ball if he carded Savage. DOC has form for getting frees overturned and reaction yesterday was embarrassing. Worse Mayo players surrounding Deegan to issue card. A kerry player was doing same in second half and O'Donogue to feck off away. Was it Stephen O'Brien that fouled Keegan that time and wasn't even booked? Vaughan should have get some card for foul at the end.

maigheo

Would have to say that Deegan had a very good game yesterday and despite what they say over on the blog is a good ref.

Jinxy

Deegan bugs me with his, 'I'm so in control of this game I can't stop smiling' routine.
You shouldn't notice a good ref during the game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

MayoBuck

Quote from: straightred on August 20, 2017, 11:47:19 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on August 20, 2017, 08:27:55 PM
Need to start booking for diving. Jonny Cooper got away with Conor McManus and rightly condemned for it. Diarmuid O'Connor has been involved in a couple incidents where he goes to ground quite easily when slight contact made.

Was it COC that the ref waved at to get up late on the second half today. good to see that - he takes a fall far too easily

I've watched it back and that was a foul by Enright, body check after the ball was gone. Geaney was awarded a free when Vaughan committed a much lesser offence in the first half. Maybe the ref had a bit of sympathy for Enright, it was the only time he got close to a Mayo forward all day.

Mayo were on the wrong end of the majority of close calls. Not trying to gloss over our own failings but it has to be said!