galway v kerry all ireland quarter final

Started by cornetto, July 23, 2017, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2017, 09:51:37 PM
Sean Armstrong wasn't slow asserting that complacency was the only reason Galway got hammered by Roscommon while basking in the glory of beating a shot Donegal side. Jesus lads, ye don't half play into the arrogant Fancy Dan persona sometimes.

That sort of nonsense does ye no good, but most worryingly it shows a detachment from reality that's likely to bite you in the arse.
Ros are 66/1
Galway are 25/1
http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/all-ireland-sfc
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 24, 2017, 09:55:33 PM
Sean Armstrong wasn't slow asserting that complacency was the only reason Galway got hammered by Roscommon while basking in the glory of beating a shot Donegal side. Jesus lads, ye don't half play into the arrogant Fancy Dan persona sometimes.

That sort of nonsense does ye no good, but most worryingly it shows a detachment from reality that's likely to bite you in the arse.
Ros are 66/1
Galway are 25/1

To reach semi final

Ros are 2/1
Galway are 7/2

Manning18

You're some clown at times. Had you listened to the interview you'd have heard him saying that they gave Roscommon full respect, got lucky last year, and had done everything right in the run up. He also said he can't talk for other players and sure he wasnt even playing himself. Parkinson offered up the complacency angle and Armstrong lazily agreed.

As far detachment from reality, look at your post in the other thread about Galway being the third best team in Connacht. You know fine well deep down that Galway are ahead of Ros on what we've seen this year, and would be a heavy shade of odds on favourites were the sides to meet again. Exact same with Galway fans saying they're ahead of Mayo, it's simply not true as of yet.

An Fhairche Abu

The only problem with the ignore user function on here is that you unfortunately still have to view their quoted posts.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 24, 2017, 10:00:11 PM

Ros are 66/1
Galway are 25/1

To reach semi final

Ros are 2/1
Galway are 7/2
That implies Ros are worse than 7/2 to beat Kerry in the semi

Syferus

Quote from: Manning18 on July 24, 2017, 10:00:55 PM

;D some clown at times. Had you listened to the interview you'd have heard him saying that they gave Roscommon full respect, got lucky last year, and had done everything right in the run up. He also said he can't talk for other players and sure he wasnt even playing himself. Parkinson offered up the complacency angle and Armstrong lazily agreed.

As far detachment from reality, look at your post in the other thread about Galway being the third best team in Connacht. You know fine well deep down that Galway are ahead of Ros on what we've seen this year, and would be a heavy shade of odds on favourites were the sides to meet again. Exact same with Galway fans saying they're ahead of Mayo, it's simply not true as of yet.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Manning18

If we're basing things on one off games, then Galway are surely ahead of Mayo in Connacht? But you said they were third. Which is it?

Syferus

Quote from: Manning18 on July 24, 2017, 10:33:26 PM
If we're basing things on one off games, then Galway are surely ahead of Mayo in Connacht? But you said they were third. Which is it?

You are third.

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 24, 2017, 10:07:03 PM
The only problem with the ignore user function on here is that you unfortunately still have to view their quoted posts.
Very true.
A Dose dot com

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 24, 2017, 10:08:26 PM

Ros are 66/1
Galway are 25/1

To reach semi final

Ros are 2/1
Galway are 7/2

That implies Roscommon have a better chance of winning a game in Croker than Galway!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 25, 2017, 12:16:36 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 24, 2017, 10:08:26 PM

Ros are 66/1
Galway are 25/1

To reach semi final

Ros are 2/1
Galway are 7/2

That implies Roscommon have a better chance of winning a game in Croker than Galway!
It implies Mayo are not as good as Kerry. That is patronising.

I would love to see Galway emulating what Mayo did in the 96 semi.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: galwayman on July 24, 2017, 10:41:33 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 24, 2017, 10:07:03 PM
Very true.
A Dose dot com

Attention seeking requires attention, why oh why posters bother responding is beyond me.

cornetto

http://munster.gaa.ie/2014/08/03/all-ireland-senior-football-championship-quarter-final-kerry-v-galway/
ah the memories,galway closed to within 2pts and I'n typical kerry style got the winning scores to win by seven,interestingly enough it was our defence under  scrutiny that year too.

Farrandeelin

No more than Mayo, I'm sure Galway fans don't know where they are at yet, apart from CP on Sunday. Did they take Ros for granted? We won't know I suppose (Ros v Mayo won't be much of an indicator either). I didn't see the Connacht final, nor the Galway Donegal game so I assume they may be better than they fared against Ros. Saying all that, I can't see them giving Kerry much bother, and unfortunately for Galway that's all that counts really.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 25, 2017, 10:36:57 PM
No more than Mayo, I'm sure Galway fans don't know where they are at yet, apart from CP on Sunday. Did they take Ros for granted? We won't know I suppose (Ros v Mayo won't be much of an indicator either). I didn't see the Connacht final, nor the Galway Donegal game so I assume they may be better than they fared against Ros. Saying all that, I can't see them giving Kerry much bother, and unfortunately for Galway that's all that counts really.

I don't know how lightly Galway took Roscommon if they even did take them lightly but there's no denying Galway in those first 15 minutes were appalling and could easily have been 12 or 13 points down they were that bad.

Unfortunately you can't trust this Galway team yet which is fairly obvious given the Tipp & Roscommon games in the last 12 months and even the Donegal defeat in 2015. I'm hoping the current crop will improve with the more games they play in Div 1 and with a better defensive structure they should close the gap on those above them but until a few better defenders come along Galway won't be contenders for the big prize.