Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

All right, Kildare 2-15  Armagh 1-14

naka

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on July 25, 2017, 05:57:33 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 25, 2017, 05:54:58 PM
Kildare have good forwards. I would be concerned about that if I was managing Armagh

I wonder does the Armagh manager have any sources of information about Kildare, other than posts here?
That said, knowing something and being able to do anything about it are not the same thing.
[/quote]
If he wins this it'll be a good year for him
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Quote from: Solo_run on July 25, 2017, 08:15:05 PM
Kildare 3-19 Armagh 0-14

Don't be ridiculous.

Kildare 3-18 Armagh 0-13
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

omochain

illdecide

Kildare 1-14 Armagh 2-13

Thats more hoping than anything but sure...bring it on. It's time to shite or get of the toilet
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Captain Scarlet

I think Kildare by four if both teams are really going at it...
2-14 to 1-13.
Kildare are after coming on a sight in terms of goals this year. Still worry without the captain Doyle we might be more open than usual.
I think it should be a good one no matter. Kildare have shown they have strike runners too and there is fear over Armagh fouling so that should see us getting a few frees.
That being said Kildare leave gaps down the middle to attack so Armagh will get some joy there too.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

armaghniac

Quote from: illdecide on July 25, 2017, 11:15:09 PM
Kildare 1-14 Armagh 2-13

Thats more hoping than anything but sure...bring it on. It's time to shite or get of the toilet

Let's hope we do not exit through the toilet.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Owen Brannigan

A lot will depend on Armagh discipline and the attitude of the referee to having a good manly game and not being influenced by previous refereeing nonsense. This will probably be the refs biggest and final inter county game of the season and will have an eye to retaining place in the so called elite panel. Not a great situation.

balladmaker

Unfortunately the man who wil have the biggest say in the winning or losing of this game will be the ref.  If he allows Gaelic Football to be a contact sport as it was intended to be, then we'll see a good, physical encounter that is fairly ref'ed.  On the other hand, if he decides to blow for the slightest of contact, it will be a shambles as other games have been this year.  If I was having a word with the ref., I'd ask him to be invisible and let both teams go for it.

Too many unknowns to stick the house on either Kildare or Armagh this weekend.  If going by form, Kildare should win it pulling up ... but at the same time, Armagh cannot be written off so easily.  It's exactly the game that Armagh need so we can see where they are at currently ... so long as the ref. doesn't spoil the game.

Rossfan

So a ref giving frees for fouls by Armagh players is "spoiling the game"....... :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Kildare 2-20 Armagh 1-14.

If they can score 20 like they did against the Dubs we cannot expect to hold them under 25.

We are doomed to get our asses kicked, we needed Down, sadly not to be, thanks for the memories Kieran!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

balladmaker

QuoteSo a ref giving frees for fouls by Armagh players is "spoiling the game"

Yes, if the alleged fouls are not actually fouls, then it would spoil the game, should they be against either team.

mup

Quote from: stew on July 26, 2017, 11:56:59 AM
Kildare 2-20 Armagh 1-14.

If they can score 20 like they did against the Dubs we cannot expect to hold them under 25.

We are doomed to get our asses kicked, we needed Down, sadly not to be, thanks for the memories Kieran!

Have you got Kerry blood?

McGeeney teams (as we should know) are always very well prepared. While it's a Div 1 team v a Div 3 team McGeeney never places much emphasis on the league. I expect this to be a tight affair with hopefully Kildare coming out on top with 2/3 points to spare.

illdecide

John Mac doesn't have much expectation for Armagh according to today's Irish News, he says he's going down to watch the match more hoping than any expectations...I know John you're hyping Kildare up and trying to play down Armagh's hopes but really on their day Kildare are only marginally better so a result for Armagh is not beyond them.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch