Can we now expect 40 pages on Brian Cody's altercation with the linesman?

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 11, 2017, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

I expect not.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

macdanger2

Should definitely get a ban, ridiculous if he doesn't

You'll notice there's not 40 pages on comerford, mcgeeney or Davy either

seafoid

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 11, 2017, 09:43:30 PM

I expect not.

Why not?
Say something provocative and Kilkevan might bite. Don't mention the butt of the hurl into the faceguard.
Maybe get Bomber Destro in for a bit of volume.
If you can link it to the Roscommon footballers Syferus might join in.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

I expect not.

One of the main reasons for this is there is only minor interest in Hurling on this forum. People on here watch the game but most don't (really) care!

Players like Diarmuid get picked on for misdemeanors on the field of play because they just get a bad name from repetitively doing the wrong thing.

Then there's people who get picked on off the field of play like Lee Keegan. Last years orchestrated media blackening by the DUBLIN media has to be one of the most malicious campaigns against a player by multiple Dublin media journalists, former players and analysists. You as a collective threw a lot of stones and now you expect respect when the shoe is on the other foot!

Jinxy

The average Dublin fan's persecution complex is getting dangerously close to Tyrone-like levels of paranoia.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2017, 10:45:02 PM
The average Dublin fan's persecution complex is getting dangerously close to Tyrone-like levels of paranoia.

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get us  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 11, 2017, 09:58:17 PM

I expect not.

One of the main reasons for this is there is only minor interest in Hurling on this forum. People on here watch the game but most don't (really) care!

Players like Diarmuid get picked on for misdemeanors on the field of play because they just get a bad name from repetitively doing the wrong thing.

Then there's people who get picked on off the field of play like Lee Keegan. Last years orchestrated media blackening by the DUBLIN media has to be one of the most malicious campaigns against a player by multiple Dublin media journalists, former players and analysists. You as a collective threw a lot of stones and now you expect respect when the shoe is on the other foot!

I - a GAA fan - would expect consistency.

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2017, 09:56:10 PM

I expect not.

Why not?
Say something provocative and Kilkevan might bite. Don't mention the butt of the hurl into the faceguard.

Childish comment as usual.

Kilkevan

Cody's incident was nothing like Connolly's. First of all, the fourth official put his hands on Cody first, secondly Cody wasn't seeking out the fourth official, lastly Cody touched but didn't shove him.

seafoid

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 11, 2017, 10:55:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2017, 09:56:10 PM

I expect not.

Why not?

Childish comment as usual.
Is that you, Eddie Keher?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sligoman2

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 11, 2017, 11:00:33 PM
Cody's incident was nothing like Connolly's. First of all, the fourth official put his hands on Cody first, secondly Cody wasn't seeking out the fourth official, lastly Cody touched but didn't shove him.
Bullcrap - Cody touched the official and the rule says if you do you get a suspension.  I'm not saying I like the rule but no point making them if you only enforce them in certain situations or to certain people.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

UlsterMan2

Sure forget the rules, bully officials, Croke park is to blame for the lack of respect for match officials right from grass roots. Change rules to 1 game bans, sent of in league doesn't effect championship, appeal hearing getting overturned over something ridiculous, the list goes on and on, with the outcome being all through Ireland that instead of match officials commanding respect they are actually the dirt on the souls of everyone, managers, players, supporters even water carriers run onto field giving their opinions to referees, if the ref deals with it he's only making a fool of himself.

Syferus

Kilkevan

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 11, 2017, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 11, 2017, 11:00:33 PM
Bullcrap - Cody touched the official and the rule says if you do you get a suspension.  I'm not saying I like the rule but no point making them if you only enforce them in certain situations or to certain people.

The official touched Cody first. What is Cody to do if the fourth official puts his arm across him? The law of the land would be on Cody's side, and no matter how big the GAA thinks it is it can't trump that.

Anyway, ban him for 12 weeks, 24 even, we're gone anyway so makes no difference.