Author Topic: GAA doing a deal with SkySports  (Read 84258 times)

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
Re: GAA doing a deal with SkySports
« Reply #1455 on: January 11, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »
Personally I find sky analysis superior to the 3 begrudgers on RTE. Actually breaks down tactics instead of the usual "ach but sure they have been very defensive and awful to watch" (whilst racking up 16 scores in the first half).

It really would not be difficult to better RTE. The whole Sunday Game needs a complete make over from the studio to the presenters. It is awful. (A bit like their soccer coverage).

Sky are doing an excellent job.

Sky gloss over issues where RTE saturate coverage on them. Sky is just as bad in the other direction. I donít need cheerleaders any more than I need cynical feckers.

I get that. I do. Some of skys over excitement of dour qualifiers in July is cringe at times. However, id still rather have canavan, horan and Senan Connell than listen to old men wax lyrical about "the good old days".

The three men you named are not exactly spring chickens themselves, though. and bar Canavan none of them reached the heights the RTE crew did in the game either.

To be fair, Horan is more there from his stint in management. That Senan Connell is some ginnit. Spouts more sh*te than a quality slurry tank.
Loose by name, Loose by nature 😉

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1456 on: January 17, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »
2017 Double Connacht Champions

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 18, 2018, 12:24:55 PM »
Can this eirsport be got on Kodi by any chance?

Seany

• View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 18, 2018, 02:40:06 PM »
I think Senan Connell is an excellent pundit. Knows the game inside out. Knows the players. Can read a game very expertly. I really rate him as a pundit.

rory

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 24, 2018, 12:03:43 PM »
I see Free Sports are showing Dublin v Offaly and Cork v Kilkenny this Saturday.

Looking through their schedule, they look to be showing highlights of games in the following weeks starting at midnight on the Sunday morning.  They are connected to Premier Sports in some way, so they are only showing this weeks games live and are saying that the rest of the games will be live on Premier sports.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
2017 Double Connacht Champions

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 07, 2018, 11:57:26 AM »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/sky-sports-and-eir-deals-set-in-stone-until-at-least-2021-466799.html
Reacting to the news, Leitrim chairman Terence Boyle said: ďItís under contract so itís understandable....."

That's about the only part of the article that's worthwhile.

Still, it keeps the conversation going and Joe got his name in the paper again.