Author Topic: Club Managers Money  (Read 3847 times)

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
Re: Club Managers Money
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2018, 10:22:23 PM »
Did you not manage because you wanted to? If you didnít, you could have said no. Again, Iím not disputing the difficulty of the job but there are plenty of people doing difficult jobs in a club for nothing. As soon as they donít want to do them anymore, they can give them up. Itís simple volunteerism.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2018, 10:29:57 PM »
You havenít read my post have you?

Iíll spell it out again, Iíve managed at least 5 different teams within the club, never paid until I found out the football set up got expenses for travel, so I asked the question after I was asked to become manager,  should there be a difference?

Now if a member of the committee was getting money would you step down?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2018, 11:02:24 PM »
Like I said I wasnít paid... but I seen people getting expenses.. plenty clubs have benefactors who do this.

Minder no one asked you to play you did it cause you wanted to, weíve done plenty trips to, Westmeath, Dublin, and other places as far as players, never give it a second thought.. management is different. As i said to Hardstation, try it

You donít need to have ďtried itĒ to know & have an appreciation for whatís involved & I am not talking about ďgetting paidĒ Iím talking about expenses. I know all the fellas that did it in my time. They all went in with their eyes wide open & managed us more than once (thatís as much to do with a lack of people being interested & is another debate) Not one ever mentioned travel expenses or petrol money as an issue. One of them worked all round Ireland one of the years and regularly took half days to drive to training from the south.

Everyone & every club is different though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2018, 11:20:12 PM »
And thatís fair enough as I did it myself for many years, and no doubts will be back to do it when I want to...

But I can see where people shouldnít have to be out of pocket, eyes wide open or not. Time isnít the same any more unfortunately and covering travel is ok...

My travel is covered for refereeing and Iíve never heard of people complaining about that
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)