Willie Frazer and FAIR

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 08, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2011, 12:18:09 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 13, 2011, 12:03:43 PM
Is that right about McGuinness visiting the school Jarlath Burns teaches at and announcing a £17m package for it a week later?
No doubt it was already planned well in advance of a visit. Can you really just announce a £17m package that wasn't already in the department's budget?
It would obviously have been planned well in advance but Burns made it sound as if Marty wrote a cheque for £17 million a week after seeing a crumbling school. Does Jarlath think people are stupid?!

lawnseed

Is that right about McGuinness visiting the school Jarlath Burns teaches at and announcing a £17m package for it a week later?
No doubt it was already planned well in advance of a visit. Can you really just announce a £17m package that wasn't already in the department's budget?
exactly maguire. the school was a kip serving a huge area of growing population it needed a refurb long before the visit marty was just doing his job and a wee bit of PR at the same time
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on November 13, 2011, 12:30:26 PM
exactly maguire. the school was a kip serving a huge area of growing population it needed a refurb long before the visit marty was just doing his job and a wee bit of PR at the same time
So we're agreed, it was disingenuous that it was portrayed as McGuinness taking out the cheque book after visiting the school?

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 13, 2011, 12:30:15 PM
It would obviously have been planned well in advance but Burns made it sound as if Marty wrote a cheque for £17 million a week after seeing a crumbling school. Does Jarlath think people are stupid?!
Just to put it in context, I think that was the same event where the following things were said:

Quote"What an amazing occasion. Martin's entrance was a very special moment for all of us," Meaney enthused.
QuoteDublin hurler Ryan O'Dywer took to the stage and paid tribute to Mr McGuinness. "My name being mentioned in the same line as Martin McGuinness: I sometimes have to pinch myself to see if it's true," he said.

Now, consider your question again.  :P

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2011, 12:44:59 PM
Just to put it in context, I think that was the same event where the following things were said:

Quote"What an amazing occasion. Martin's entrance was a very special moment for all of us," Meaney enthused.
QuoteDublin hurler Ryan O'Dywer took to the stage and paid tribute to Mr McGuinness. "My name being mentioned in the same line as Martin McGuinness: I sometimes have to pinch myself to see if it's true," he said.

Wasn't the lighting just right though!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2011, 12:39:16 PM
So we're agreed, it was disingenuous that it was portrayed as McGuinness taking out the cheque book after visiting the school?
the description of the events has to be taken in the context of a vicious presidential campaign. where descriptions of everything by the supporters are skewed in favour of the the various candidates. given what was said about about martin mcguiness during that campaign eg reference to northern bank monies etc i think even you could allow a little skewing by jarly in favour of marty

lawnseed

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 13, 2011, 12:47:04 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2011, 12:44:59 PM

Wasn't the lighting just right though!
:D :D love it :D back of the net!

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on November 13, 2011, 12:47:12 PM
the description of the events has to be taken in the context of a vicious presidential campaign. where descriptions of everything by the supporters are skewed in favour of the the various candidates. given what was said about about martin mcguiness during that campaign eg reference to northern bank monies etc i think even you could allow a little skewing by jarly in favour of marty
I'm glad you agree.

Nally Stand

I heard one day, during the campaign, he said "good morning" to someone; but it since been revealed that it was actually at 12:05pm and he should have said "good afternoon". You lads were right all along, he is an evil, lying b*****d.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

lawnseed

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 13, 2011, 12:56:11 PM

I heard one day, during the campaign, he said "good morning" to someone; but it since been revealed that it was actually at 12:05pm and he should have said "good afternoon". You lads were right all along, he is an evil, lying b*****d.
lets see what "poetry muppet higgans" delivers for 7.5 million euros over his tenure, he'll not fix many schools

Minder

Quote from: lawnseed on November 13, 2011, 01:02:57 PM

lets see what "poetry muppet higgans" delivers for 7.5 million euros over his tenure, he'll not fix many schools

So McGuinness would have been "fixing schools" in his role as President? Shite the wron man has been elected.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

That's not his job. After months of a campaign, do you still not understand what the role is?

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2011, 01:06:50 PM

That's not his job. After months of a campaign, do you still not understand what the role is?
no his role is to leech 7.5million euros in wages plus expenses off the hard pressed irishtaxpayer, money that would have went along way toward doing something useful. no doubt he'll donate all of the money to good causes and create some employment. ::)

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on November 13, 2011, 01:11:59 PM
no his role is to leech 7.5million euros in wages plus expenses off the hard pressed irishtaxpayer, money that would have went along way toward doing something useful. no doubt he'll donate all of the money to good causes and create some employment. ::)
You do realise that the €7.5m is the total cost for the running of the office? The President's salary over the 7 years is approximately €1.75m is and I assume he's taxed like anyone else, which would mean a substantial proportion of that (41% of most of it) heading stright back to the Revenue.

Staff, travel and accommodation across the world etc. make up the vast majority. It's the cost of running the office. The President isn't filling out mileage and subsistence claims for €5m.

McGuinness would have cost the state these same expenses. Yet when he was running for office, you thought it was a great idea.

And no doubt you have no problem with McGuinness claiming his €200k of election expenses back off the 'hard pressed Irish taxpayer'.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2011, 01:43:56 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on November 13, 2011, 01:11:59 PM
You do realise that the €7.5m is the total cost for the running of the office? The President's salary over the 7 years is approximately €1.75m is and I assume he's taxed like anyone else, which would mean a substantial proportion of that (41% of most of it) heading stright back to the Revenue.

Staff, travel and accommodation across the world etc. make up the vast majority. It's the cost of running the office. The President isn't filling out mileage and subsistence claims for €5m.

McGuinness would have cost the state these same expenses. Yet when he was running for office, you thought it was a great idea.

And no doubt you have no problem with McGuinness claiming his €200k of election expenses back off the 'hard pressed Irish taxpayer'.
the rules are there to enable the candidates to run in the election they apply only to those who get enough votes.
so 'poetry muppet' (as described in the US press) will donate his wages to good causes seeing he already is in receipt of a generous pension.
i believe that mr muppet will do very little for his money and infact will be a waste of space saying very little just spouting poetry and doing his best to gloss over what is a pathetic administration of european banking policy