Connacht senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Connacht final will Galway bate Mayo?

No
5 (71.4%)
Yes
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closes: May 05, 2024, 12:48:33 AM

Blowitupref

Three games this weekend.

On Saturday
London v Galway, McGovern Park, Ruislip, 3pm

On Sunday
New York v Mayo, Gaelic Park, 8pm Irish time
Leitrim v Sligo,Pairc Sean MacDiarmada, 3.30pm

The matches in London and New York will be live on GAAGO

Semi final line up on the weekend of April 20th/21st.

Galway/London v Sligo/Leitrim
Roscommon v Mayo/New York

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Ros v Mayowestros the big one.
Sligo/Leitrim unlikely to trouble Galway.
Hopefully a dry day on the 21st so we can all sit out in the lovely new seats in the Hyde.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

€30 to the Stand for Laythrum v Shligo.

JP taking the piss altogether

seafoid

Padraic Joyce has suggested  an extension to the season to allow a decent break between the end of the League and the start of the Championship .Dessie Dolan has also been talking along these lines
https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2024/0331/1440971-too-busy-dolan-dubious-of-gaelic-football-schedule/

Rossfan

So they can have 30 or 40 more training sessions?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2024, 06:42:50 PM€30 to the Stand for Laythrum v Shligo.

JP taking the piss altogether

Can somewhat understand those prices if they were charging €30 for the Connacht final but for Quarter final? for the Connacht championship launch last week it was basically used to talk up and advertise the Dome in Bekan by the national media who were all invited to praise the "great visionary" JP.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2024, 08:35:21 PMSo they can have 30 or 40 more training sessions?
Last year I seem to recall the Rossies having 3 matches over 4 weekends.
If they had beaten Kildare they would have had 4 over 5 weekends.

This is insane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0

marty34

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2024, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2024, 08:35:21 PMSo they can have 30 or 40 more training sessions?
Last year I seem to recall the Rossies having 3 matches over 4 weekends.
If they had beaten Kildare they would have had 4 over 5 weekends.

This is insane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0
Armagh club leagues start this weekend. They'll play 12 games in a row with no breaks up to and including the weekend of the 6th July. Mostly with small squads and in a lot of cases minors playing Friday Monday. You won't hear a word of complaint though. Players want games.

If there wasn't matches being played managers would be dogging the shite out of players in training anyway so complaining about games doesn't wash with me.

Blowitupref

Galway team for Saturday's 2024 Championship opening game.

1. Connor Gleeson
2. Jonathan McGrath 3. Seán Fitzgerald 4. Jack Glynn
5. Dylan McHugh 6. John Daly 7. Liam Silke
8. Paul Conroy 9. Seán Kelly
10. Johnny Heaney 11. Cathal Sweeney 12. Céin Darcy
13. Robert Finnerty 14. Cillian Ó Curraoin 15. Liam Ó Conghaile

Subs
16. Conor Flaherty 17. Kieran Molloy 18. Seán Ó Maoilchiaráin 19. Daniel O'Flaherty 20. Eoghan Kelly 21. Ciarán Brady
22. Niall Daly 23. Patrick Egan 24. Jack McCabe 25. Rory Cunningham 26. Tomo Culhane
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 05, 2024, 01:28:23 AMGalway team for Saturday's 2024 Championship opening game.

1. Connor Gleeson
2. Jonathan McGrath 3. Seán Fitzgerald 4. Jack Glynn
5. Dylan McHugh 6. John Daly 7. Liam Silke
8. Paul Conroy 9. Seán Kelly
10. Johnny Heaney 11. Cathal Sweeney 12. Céin Darcy
13. Robert Finnerty 14. Cillian Ó Curraoin 15. Liam Ó Conghaile

Subs
16. Conor Flaherty 17. Kieran Molloy 18. Seán Ó Maoilchiaráin 19. Daniel O'Flaherty 20. Eoghan Kelly 21. Ciarán Brady
22. Niall Daly 23. Patrick Egan 24. Jack McCabe 25. Rory Cunningham 26. Tomo Culhane

Whats the feeling on Shane Walsh in Galway.

Played first game or two of league and then got injured.

Has been on holiday since that and I see hes in Portugal this week too.

Definitely deserves a holiday considering all the football hes played.

But it seems as if he gets special treatment and that he seems more committed to Kilmacud than Galway.

But I may be totally wrong on that.

Rossfan

I'd imagine Galway are hoping to have everyone available for the AI series.
They have 2 handy Connacht games coming up and they'll probably take the Connacht Final as they find it.

Sligo v Leitrim could go either way but looks like Ros Andy is concentrating more on the u20s so shoild be a win for Sligo.

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Rossfan on April 05, 2024, 12:20:29 PMI'd imagine Galway are hoping to have everyone available for the AI series.
They have 2 handy Connacht games coming up and they'll probably take the Connacht Final as they find it.

Sligo v Leitrim could go either way but looks like Ros Andy is concentrating more on the u20s so shoild be a win for Sligo.

Getting top seed i'd imagine would be a big advantage though; be guaranteed to face one of Derry Kerry or Dublin if not.

Didnt do them much good last year mind.

I presume provincial finalists avoid each other in group stages?

Blowitupref

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 05, 2024, 10:45:19 AMWhats the feeling on Shane Walsh in Galway.

Played first game or two of league and then got injured.

Has been on holiday since that and I see hes in Portugal this week too.

Definitely deserves a holiday considering all the football hes played.

But it seems as if he gets special treatment and that he seems more committed to Kilmacud than Galway.

But I may be totally wrong on that.

Odd post. Got injured in round 1 of the NFL and will be back playing for Galway once he overcomes it.

Blowitupref

Mayo taking no chances against New York with naming their strongest possible team.  Diarmuid O'Connor and Joran Flynn out injured.

Colm Reape
Jack Coyne  Rory Brickenden Sam Callinan
Paddy Durcan Stephen Coen  Eoghan McLaughlin
David McBrien  Matthew Ruane
Bob Tuohy  Fergal Boland Jack Carney
Aidan O'Shea Tommy Conroy Ryan O'Donoghue

Subs Rob Hennelly,Aaron McDonnell,Cillian O'Connor,Conor Hunt,Conor McStay,Darren McHale,Enda Hession,Fenton Kelly,Michael Plunkett,Padraig O'Hora,Paul Towey

Sligo team and subs to face Leitrim on Sunday

1. Aidan Devaney
2. Evan Lyons3. Eddie McGuinness 4. Paul McNamara
5. Peter Laffey 6. Nathan Mullen 7. Darragh Cummins
8. Sean Carrabine9. Canice Mulligan
10. Cian Lally11. Alan McLoughlin12. Eoghan Smith
13. Paul Kilcoyne 14. Niall Murphy 15. Lee Deignan

Subs Daniel Lyons,Brian Cox,Daire O'Boyle,Donal Conlon,Dylan Walsh,Keelan Cawley,Paddy O'Connor,David Quinn,Mickey Gordon,Mark Ward,Luke Casserly

Leitrim team

Nevin O'Donnell
Conor Reynolds  Mark Diffley  Aidan Flynn
Donal Wrynn  Mark Plunkett  Adam Reynolds
Jack Gilheany  Pearce Dolan
Tom Prior  Ryan O'Rourke  Paul Keaney
Riordan O'Rourke Darragh Rooney  Evan Sweeney

Subs Killian Gaffey,James Rooney,Kieran Clancy,Stephen McLoughlin,Jamie McCreal,Radek Oberwan,Jack Flynn,Shane Quinn,Conor Quinn