Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

CMNA, Tyrone can be a gate man or sell lollipops at the sweetie van on match day or whatever. A good lad whose heart is very much in the right place. And Gérard too has punched in a lot of hours, often doing thankless jobs that no one else was queuing up to do. Their dedication should be applauded, not knocked.

My problem with them is when I see them adjudicating at interviews for senior football management etc. That's where I draw the line.

Likewise Joe Edwards has punched in some hard yards. And is well respected by many for doing so. There definitely is a role for him in our coiste bainisti - just think we are better going for a a different kind of leadership.

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on November 10, 2015, 12:05:41 PM
If I was in anyway associated with the fundraising side of Antrim, for my own integrity I'd be demanding checks and balances in terms of how money was handled. How easy should it be to sell a ticket at the gate with a number, total up the tickets sold with the money collected... hey presto? The fact that has never took place has always troubled me.

The VAT man may need a look at those receipts!!!

blueblood

C11 you seem to have a major one for Duffy, he may be egotistical however I would say he's nobody's fool either, love him or hate him if they let his nomination stand it makes the VC position a fairly competitive affair, SF may have a close run race if there are 3 in the hat. You take the AV candidate for Treasurer he will bring imo a clear defined position and is a well positioned professionally  in his 9-5 job something we have never had and imo it has been by design. CD will bring a new approach as CC and with a strong club like St John's behind him and being a true blue and once again a man in his personal 9-5 role being extremely successful having to work hard for all he has got, I'd take those lads all day. The wee man for all his commitment hasn't got the presence or the intelligence to bring Antrim to the table at Ulster and Croke as a County, that has released its faults and will try to right so many wrongs over the past 5 years. JM was a puppet on string to the present CS and none of these new AV men will dance to that tune imo.

cnma

CNMA, Tyrone can be a gate man or sell lollipops at the sweetie van on match day or whatever. A good lad whose heart is very much in the right place. And Gérard too has punched in a lot of hours, often doing thankless jobs that no one else was queuing up to do. Their dedication should be applauded, not knocked.

My problem with them is when I see them adjudicating at interviews for senior football management etc. That's where I draw the line.

Bannside, I thought you'd have known that Gerald is also a qualified accountant! And a Club Treasurer for 20+ years - Ahoghill have had a few projects in that time!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnneycool on November 10, 2015, 12:44:05 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 10, 2015, 12:05:41 PM
If I was in anyway associated with the fundraising side of Antrim, for my own integrity I'd be demanding checks and balances in terms of how money was handled. How easy should it be to sell a ticket at the gate with a number, total up the tickets sold with the money collected... hey presto? The fact that has never took place has always troubled me.

The VAT man may need a look at those receipts!!!

I asked the question recently after the county final about this. As a club were entitled to a percentage of the gate and the money is supposed to be counted at the ground before they leave is it not?

I then found out we get sent a cheque as our percentage.

How in under god is that accountable? is this never questioned?

With regards to the pitches at Dunsilly, i pass them every day on the train to work in belfast and they have been in the same shape since i started this route of travel a year ago. Since it was announced that a successfully tender had been approved for a contractor not once single thing has changed at Dunsilly other than the length of the grass on the 2 pitches!
hurl like f**k boi!

The Memory Man

I have it from a very reliable source that should PMcC get in as treasurer, there will be a ticket issued for ALL transactions at ALL gates that the County will be hosting.  He will not jeopardise his professional standing, that fact alone should be enough for EVERY clubs' delegates to vote for him and everyone associated with Saffron Vision.  :)

Na Glinntí Glasa

its done in Derry at the club championship games all the time for the football, not sure of the hurling tbh, but its the way things should be done.
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 11, 2015, 09:02:03 AM
its done in Derry at the club championship games all the time for the football, not sure of the hurling tbh, but its the way things should be done.
Easy to control when you havethe infrastructure in place like Owenbeg.

bannside

Cmna read my post again. I have said GMG has put in a lot of hours amd needs applauded for that. Nothing derogatory at all to say about the man so not sure where you picked that up. And I know he works in accountancy and puts a lot into his club as well. A very good Gaa man.  I'd guess he too would want to see a few new faces especially with good business backgrounds coming forward at county level.

Not sure what TE's qualification us though to be in and around so many different jobs in the county. Maybe he is just glad to get out of the house lol. And sitting on interviewing committees for football management jobs. Jesus wept did he ever play, coach or manage anyone! That's the type of shit that needs nailed.

culchie11

A few emails sent out today again!

one form mclarnon who is assistant treasurer running for treasurer, it details a very good cv and shows how experienced he is to do the job.

another one from south antrim chair to ask questions of saffron vision, he makes alot of very valid points in questioning their press release and its content and the fact some of them have been there before and didnt do much then.

he also attached the notorious voicemail lol anyone that hasnt heard it ask ur club secretary to forward the email!

we will need a live debate stephen nolan style shortly in days before convention!

SaffronHeart

Culchie11 which member of the current executive are you?

Kickham csc

Quote from: culchie11 on November 11, 2015, 04:11:28 PM
A few emails sent out today again!

one form mclarnon who is assistant treasurer running for treasurer, it details a very good cv and shows how experienced he is to do the job.

another one from south antrim chair to ask questions of saffron vision, he makes alot of very valid points in questioning their press release and its content and the fact some of them have been there before and didnt do much then.

he also attached the notorious voicemail lol anyone that hasnt heard it ask ur club secretary to forward the email!

we will need a live debate stephen nolan style shortly in days before convention!

Can you post the emails so we can see the CV????

bannside

So the South Antrim chairman is openly canvassing directly against the Saffron Vision candidates. Unless the South Antrim clubs have mandated him to do that on their behalf, then he is bang out of order by using his position to go solo.

I'm confident lots of SA clubs have the foresight to see right through this.

bannside

He would be a lot better spending his time trying to find a way of getting a juvenile league system working in the great gaa city of Belfast.

culchie11

ah now bannside don't take offence he is merely making a few points! If u read his email u will c the great job that they r doing in South Antrim divisional board.

But long winded but here u go, still can't figure out how to post the voicemail he also attached!

A Chara

Following the issue of the "Antrim Vision" letter to clubs and press I would like to make the following points in relation to claims made in the letter.

1/ As can be seen from their letter to the clubs and press they intend to take over the running of all leagues and championships from under 12 to senior leaving the divisional boards with tournaments only. Their paragraph attached

We will seek to manage our fixtures in a way which schedules club games throughout the county, covering all age groups and across both codes. We believe this can be done in a way which accommodates and supports our county teams, including minor and U21 hurling and football teams. 

This effectively means the abolishment of all the divisional boards. South Antrim CCC this year successfully completed 34 competitions with 805 games taking place in both codes from juvenile to senior. Indeed a large number of clubs congratulated our board on the fixtures that were provided.

The South Antrim committee are of the opinion that the structures are not in place to take such drastic action and force clubs into taking part in all county leagues. How will "Antrim vision" grade the league structures and secondly how do they propose to cover the logistics and cost to clubs? Some clubs with 2 teams at some levels and in the case of most South Antrim clubs dual teams at all levels. Antrim vision said they want to promote our games, but without forward planning it will do little more than driving some clubs into the ground in particularly dual clubs. 

Following my initial email to the other divisional chairmen seeking their views on this matter I received a voice mail from a member of the "Antrim Vision" which I have attached.

Is this the calibre of personal we want or need to look after the affairs of Antrim you judge.

2/ The letter speaks about what "Antrim Vision" intend for coaching and games development yet they are not contesting this vital post within Coisti Banisti.

3/ "Antrim vision" appear to be unaware or uninterested in current coaching and games initiatives as witnessed by their total lack of involvement in recent meetings that are putting together a strategy for Development squads which is being led by Ciara ferry and Columb Walsh

4/ The "Antrim Vision" posturing on fixtures is even worse. Firstly they fail to explain how they would administer their fantasy claims with reference to county fixtures as members of the grouping have stated that they have no interest in chairing or serving as secretary to CCC. How they could effect change from outside given the plenary powers of CCC ref fixtures would make it unworkable.

5/ Also totally ignored by "Antrim Vision" is the fact that the decision as to which competitions would be administered by All County CCC and which would be run by divisional boards was made at county convention and could only be changed by2/3 majority at convention.

6/ "Antrim vision" has campaigned disregarding all of the protocols of election to office within the GAA. They have in asking to address clubs and divisional boards sought to usurp the democratic process by seeking such an advantage over the individuals who allow their names to go forward for nomination for individual office, is this an insult to the integrity of our clubs? Since when was the use of the Irish news and other media outlets part of our democratic process?

7/ "Antrim vision" mention in their letter about re-examining our strategy for Dunsilly and Casement Park. But what Antrim Vision fail to mention in their letter is that a number of their grouping where involed in a fund raising committee set-up to raise much needed funds for these projects and in fact one of them chaired the committee for two years.
In this period we are yet to hear what money they have raised and what plans they have for the future.

8/ "Antrim vision" state in their letter that
We will respect all Antrim Gaels.
Every Antrim Gael will be afforded respect and will have the opportunity to make their voice and opinion heard in a transparent and inclusive way.
Dignity and respect among fellow Gaels will be a priority for us.
What they fail to inform you in their letter is that at an Senior football league game this season a member of  "Antrim Vision" called fellow Gaels from another club SCUM

Is this the dignity and respect they talk about if so they can keep it for themselves I for one want no part of it.

9/ In an article in the Hogan Stand a member of this grouping "Antrim Vision" stated that "Antrim Vision" is only interested in putting the county on the right track both on and off the field.

Was this member not also a member of County Executive for 4 years until 2014

What suggestions did he bring during his time to "put the county right"?

Indeed if he thought we needed a major change why did he show so little interest in our county by only attending a very small number of executive and county meetings during his time.

10/ How can "Antrim vision" claim in their letter to be all dedicated Gaels when one of the grouping only renewed his GAA membership after a number of years.

There you have it  "Antrim Vision" Where was the vision in the letter to you the clubs?

Is Mise
Sean o Baoill
An Cathaoirleach
Coiste Aontroim Theas