Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Any forward movement in relation to Dunsilly is welcome. If we hope to have competitive teams we need to have good standard facilities on which to prepare these teams. Middle of the county too so ideal.

Make it the new county base too. Offices, meeting rooms, etc. Anyone in any doubt how this could look like should take a visit to Owenbeg.

NAG1

Quote from: bannside on November 09, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
Any forward movement in relation to Dunsilly is welcome. If we hope to have competitive teams we need to have good standard facilities on which to prepare these teams. Middle of the county too so ideal.

Make it the new county base too. Offices, meeting rooms, etc. Anyone in any doubt how this could look like should take a visit to Owenbeg.

If it gets to be half the facility that Owenbeg is then I will be delighted.

After all the controversy it would be great if we could now knuckle down and come up with a facility that can really help move the county forward and something that we can be collectively proud of.

culchie11

Quote from: NAG1 on November 09, 2015, 01:56:36 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 09, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

If it gets to be half the facility that Owenbeg is then I will be delighted.

After all the controversy it would be great if we could now knuckle down and come up with a facility that can really help move the county forward and something that we can be collectively proud of.

A facility like owenbeg or garvaghy would be brilliant, but it wont happen as dunsilly is just to be a training facility.

remember casement park, yeah that big old stadium, thats where offices, conference rooms, spectator facilities are to be housed. 

theskull1

What are people thoughts on club championship games being played in a newly developed casement?

I think it will be far too big and therefore not suitable for club and county matches (as far as Antrim is concerned)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on November 09, 2015, 02:34:03 PM
What are people thoughts on club championship games being played in a newly developed casement?

I think it will be far too big and therefore not suitable for club and county matches (as far as Antrim is concerned)

'if you build it they will come' - isnt that the thought process behind it at least for the county games?

I would agree skull but then again from a players point of view, I would imagine they will all want to play in it as opposed to some other club ground.

bannside

Can anyone offer proper assurances that we will be able to actually play club games at a new Casement, not to mention Antrims home games.

CentreHalfBack

Duffy lol ;D

They are all at it now. Vote early and vote often!

A chairde

Is mise Seán Pléimeann agus tá mé ag iarraidh toghchán mar Leas-chathaoirleach.
I consider my nomination for the role of Vice-Chairman to be an honour and one that I do not accept lightly. I believe that my experience in serving both my club and County has equipped me well to carry out the duties of this post which I see as crucially important for the development of our County.
I have served my club as Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, all roles I considered to be a great honour. This experience means that I am very well aware of the needs, challenges and issues which clubs face. It will ensure that in carrying out the duties of Vice- Chairman I will be sensitive to the needs of clubs.
In addition to my roles within our club I have also served the County as both a player and an administrator. As a player I had the honour to wear the saffron jersey and later manage and coach county football teams from under 21 down to under 14.
As a county administrator I have served as Coaching and Games Development Officer, Cultural Officer, Children's Officer, South Antrim Chairman, member of CCC and most recently as PRO.
The role of vice-Chairman carries the responsibility of chairing CCC. Having served on CCC for several years I know the enormity of the job and it is one that I am willing to undertake. Fixtures are the number one priority in any club set up and it is imperative that we continue to work to make improvements. If elected to this role I will seek to bring about a number of changes which I feel will benefit clubs and players and so improve our games. I will propose that a club will not be required to play any adult fixture in the week of their club championship game in either code. I also have proposals for minor leagues that would require them to start earlier in the season.
In addition to fixtures CCC has responsibilities for many other areas. I believe that my record shows that I will treat each situation with a degree of integrity and judge every situation on its merits with honesty and fairness as my guiding principles.
In addition to the role within CCC the vice-Chairman will be involved in every area in the administration of the County. Areas that need our immediate attention are, the continued development of Dunsilly, the implementation of the strategic plan to continue the improvements of Development Squads and putting the structures in place to enable Antrim to improve their standing at national level in both football and hurling. While I am aware of the constraints of finance this cannot be used as an excuse not to take action.
The development of Casement Park is a major issue facing our County. Antrim must begin to take a leading role in thedevelopment of our park. As vice-Chairman I will ensure that Antrim are included in all decisions in relation to the development of our stadium.
Whatever the issue I can assure you that I will always be forthright in giving my honest opinion. I will always act to do what I consider to be the best for the county and at all times make sure that clubs are kept informed.
I believe that my experience as a club officer and as a County administrator equip me for this very important role. I fully understand that any position on Coiste Bainistí requires a great deal of commitment and dedication and I stand ready to give this. Honesty, integrity, innovation, openness and hard work will be the key words that I will strive to put into practice within CoisteBainistí.
I welcome elections to work for our county. I know that clubs will make their decisions for the betterment of Antrim and on the merits of each individual candidate. It is to ensure that clubs have all the information they need to make their decisions that I have circulated this paper.
Start with what's necessary, then do what is possible and before you know it you are doing the impossible.
Go raibh maith agaibh.
Seán Pléimeann
Cumann Uí Dhonnabháin Rosa
New season - new reason

MoChara

Quote from: culchie11 on November 09, 2015, 10:17:56 AM
the ego that is duffy lol some men coming out of the woodwork for this years convention, where have they all been over the years?
not criticizing them just asking why now and not before!

im sure by now everyone has heard the great news about dunsilly! work to start early decemeber, at last. dcal have helped out with funds towards new changing facilities.

Would make another man cynical in the run up to Cb elections

bannside

You do have to admit that Sean Fleming has a very full CV for this position. Whilst I am proud to embrace the Saffron Vision initiative and hope that most of their candidates are successful, I won't be in the least bit disappointed if SF is elected. He has put some years into both his club and his county.

CentreHalfBack

I agree.

I will propose that a club will not be required to play any adult fixture in the week of their club championship game in either code.
This will appeal to many dual clubs.
New season - new reason

CentreHalfBack

Does anyone know when our county secretary term is up?
New season - new reason

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on November 09, 2015, 06:52:22 PM
Does anyone know when our county secretary term is up?

Its a fulltime job so, 65?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

I'd look at SF's  cv another way, what useful contribution has he made in any of these roles??, I can't believe the backtracking here lads, so according to a few Wee Joe deserves his Chance, Now SF, Murray coming back as Dev officer, with all these great lads, why are we in this mess?? It isn't all the rats fault although he'd a hand in a lot of it. Clear the decks and start afresh!!

SaffronHeart

Smacks of musical Chairs. Murray hasn't done much to develop Antrim in his chairmanship, just look at the state of the county teams and I cant see him being a success in the development role. What experience has he say of nurturing development at club level? I cant remember him helping out with any of the recent successful underage Johnnies teams? or any worthwhile endeavours into the Macs beforehand. That was his previous club?

bannside

I can't see many clubs voting for anything en masse - ie all in or all out - more like each position will be discussed on an individual basis.

Personally I would love to see each nominee given the opportunity to write their own blurb about their experiences and their aspirations.

A typical club committee member mightnt know very many of those standing. A bit of education about their background etc could be helpful. What harm can a bit of education do.

Question is where do you draw the line in this canvassing lark, especially now in the digital age where everything is at the touch of a button.