Munster Championship

Started by twohands!!!, May 20, 2016, 05:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

The excitement is only massive with Limerick taking on Clare for the privilege of playing Kerry in the next round.

Very hard not to see a Clare win here given the relative league campaigns of the two teams - both leaving Division 3 but Clare as champions while Limerick drop down to the dead zone of Division 4.

AZOffaly

Neither Clare nor Tipp were very impressive yesterday, but I suppose mitigating circumstances for both. It's always difficult to play away from home in the Championship, and in Clare's case it was a dangerous assignment going to Limerick. They weren't impressive, and it is more or less what I would expect out of them, but it is still a good win from a difficult place.

Tipp laboured for a while against Waterford too, but when you basically down 11 players, it's a real test of depth, so it was still good to come away with an 8 point win, but my hopes that they would rattle Cork are dwindling. You simply cannot be without the likes of O'Riordan, O'Brien, Kennedy, Lonergan, Fahy, Casey, Codd and Grogan and expect to stay at the same level. O'Riordan, O'Brien Kennedy and Lonergan especially would have been hugely important and I would genuinely fancy Tipp v Cork if they had those. But they don't, so they just have to get on with it. I expect spirit and fight, and we'll see where that gets them.