Huddersfield

Dinny Breen

1. Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

Are people basing these predictions on the form of pre season games? or the past 10 years?

I'm not backing Liverpool this year for the title, the odds are too skinny and no money to be made..

Probably win it now but back to back winners of the PL is hard enough to do regardless of the squad City have, it doesnt happen that much.. I feel City will be going all out to win the CL this year and may not be at full pelt in the when it comes to PL games. Though in fairness they could win most games with their second string players!

Mo will not get an easy ride this year in the PL, he'll be targeted by the defenders, expect to see a few heavy tackles going in, Ramos style
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2018, 09:49:54 AM
Are people basing these predictions on the form of pre season games? or the past 10 years?

I'm not backing Liverpool this year for the title, the odds are too skinny and no money to be made..

Probably win it now but back to back winners of the PL is hard enough to do regardless of the squad City have, it doesnt happen that much.. I feel City will be going all out to win the CL this year and may not be at full pelt in the when it comes to PL games. Though in fairness they could win most games with their second string players!

Mo will not get an easy ride this year in the PL, he'll be targeted by the defenders, expect to see a few heavy tackles going in, Ramos style
I agree with you about the salah thing, he will do well to replicate last years form, although i would still expect him to get 20+ goals
I think Mane is primed for a big season and Keita could be a real game changer
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Dire Ear

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 08, 2018, 10:43:31 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45088530
BBC Sport pundits pick champions and top four

When was the last team to win back to back titles? think it was Utd (back in the day) Though City have it in them to do that with the current set up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2018, 11:44:35 AM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 08, 2018, 10:43:31 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45088530
BBC Sport pundits pick champions and top four

When was the last team to win back to back titles? think it was Utd (back in the day) Though City have it in them to do that with the current set up

Chelsea did two in a row back in the day also and this Man City team are better than that Chelsea side. Pep Guardiola is key for them to winning back to back titles and their biggest challenger this season will likely be Liverpool who haven't won the league since 1990 but at least they have a manager that won two league titles recently and back to back titles at that.

nrico2006

Really dont see why so many are tipping Liverpool this season. Salah was key last year and he will be lucky to get half the goals this year.

How did Courtois only go for £35 million? Top 5 keepers out there yet going for only half the price of others.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mrdeeds

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 08, 2018, 09:53:33 PM
Really dont see why so many are tipping Liverpool this season. Salah was key last year and he will be lucky to get half the goals this year.

How did Courtois only go for £35 million? Top 5 keepers out there yet going for only half the price of others.

One year on contract.

gawa316

Salah was key last year and he will be lucky to get half the goals this year.

Why do you say he'll be lucky?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Quote from: gawa316 on August 09, 2018, 12:05:50 AM

I just think everything clicked for him last year but think it was a one-off.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

TabClear

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 09, 2018, 08:07:16 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 09, 2018, 12:05:50 AM

I just think everything clicked for him last year but think it was a one-off.

In some respects I think you are right. There were signs towards the end of last year that some of the "lower table" teams had learned how to deal with him better by going really tight on him (Pieters for Stoke stands out). However, hopefully this frees up Mane and Keita in particular to contribute a bit more. Firmino, like Salah probably cannot really hope to improve too much on what was a stellar season.

For what its worth I think City will win the league relatively comfortably and I think the United woes are being over stated. Sanchez, Lukaku, Mata, Pogba,Rashford, Martial etc is a pretty potent attacking force and regardless of whether they get a CB in, any Jose team will be solid defensively. They will not lose too many games but it will not be pretty.

Liverpool should be competitive but an injury to VVD would really hurt them moreso than Salah in my view.  As for Spurs, if Kane stays fit and Alberweild stays, expect more of the same from them. Chelsea, again I think are being written off prematurely. Jorgiho and Kovacic is a serious midfield partnership compared to what they had (Bakayaro?) and their forwards are capable of scoring goals. Courtois is a major blow though.

Arsenal I have no idea about.

Gabriel_Hurl

rodney trotter

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 08, 2018, 10:02:59 PM

One year on contract.

Chelsea got Mateo Kovacic on loan as part of the deal too.