More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 20, 2019, 08:52:23 AM
I know some from round the "north west" feel sf sold out by signing up to the gfa. McGuinness meeting the queen would also not be welcomed by die hards. Die hard republicans wouldn't believe in sf any more I think.

Teenagers arrested on this. They need to weed out the leaders >:( Stirring up people who don't know any better to get involved in this shit and now someone has died plus their lives will be ruined >:(

What alternative to GFA is being offered? Is it simply armed rebellion and a belief that at some point in the future the UK government will say they have witnessed enough killings and cede NI to RoI and just ignore the houls of protest from NI unionists and ignore any legal challenge to the breach of the GFA??  Are we saying that there are people who actually believe this???

imtommygunn

I firmly do not believe this but there are people that do. I would be pretty sure whoever leads this type of organisation does and then peddles it and people believe it. There is probably a wee bit in what seafoid says about socio economic aspects but that is played on by "leaders".  To be honest east Belfast and loyalist paramilitaries probably has the same issue.

The dup don't believe in the gfa either. I don't know what their alternative is mind you.

armaghniac

Quote from: smelmoth on April 20, 2019, 09:10:09 AM
I know some from round the "north west" feel sf sold out by signing up to the gfa. McGuinness meeting the queen would also not be welcomed by die hards. Die hard republicans wouldn't believe in sf any more I think.

Teenagers arrested on this. They need to weed out the leaders >:( Stirring up people who don't know any better to get involved in this shit and now someone has died plus their lives will be ruined >:(

What alternative to GFA is being offered? Is it simply armed rebellion and a belief that at some point in the future the UK government will say they have witnessed enough killings and cede NI to RoI and just ignore the houls of protest from NI unionists and ignore any legal challenge to the breach of the GFA??  Are we saying that there are people who actually believe this???

At this stage nationalism is doing ok, this is not 1969. These loonies are like the thick GAA player who insists on a pointless clatter at the opposition even though his team are winning.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

And especially when Arlene and DUPUDA are furthering the cause of an All Ireland State so well.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Stuff about the South being allied with the Brits plus pointless violence reminds me of Dessie O'Hare

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/the-life-and-crimes-of-dessie-o-hare-border-fox-1.3857421?mode=amp

"The veteran journalist Diarmaid McDermott was in court that day 31 years ago as he was again last Thursday. He recalled O'Hare's "rambling rant" from the same dock where Robert Emmet made his famous speech in 1803.
Pronouncing the name of the "Irish Revolutionary Brigade" O'Hare called for "republicans" to turn their guns on Irish judges, prison officers, members of the Defence Forces and gardaí. 
He attacked the leadership of the Provisional IRA accusing them of being "quasi republican". 
He ended his tirade with the words "may all my deeds reverberate until bloody war is waged against the British and their southern allies".

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

This was a disgusting murder but I think the aftermath is also disgusting.

- A pile of people comparing this to the 70s and even to Omagh - its not, cop the f**k on.
- Every journalist I follow on twitter seems to have been a personal friend of the murdered woman and been drinking coffee with her the other day etc. And now they all tells us their expert opinion on what is going wrong in the north. Ruth Dudley f**king Edwards is apparently a great friend. Well you can be sure Ruth DE wouldnt step foot anywhere near trouble to report it. Anyway, these people are self promoting leeches and it reminds me a bit of the "me too" campaign, lite.
- DUP and SF are to blame? Well I am sorry just because the DUP are a bunch of sectarian & anti gay dinosaurs does not mean the other side of the Irish coin is equally as bad. Sinn Fein wanted a Irish Language act, agreed it and the DUP allowed loyalists and Orange order to force them to pull out of the deal and that is what stopped stormont getting back up and running. What are SF supposed to do, just give up and let these inbreds have everything their own way like they have for the last 100 years. They are right to hold fast for the overall better of the people they represent. Today Donaldson is on twitter with a nice story how he met McKee and had a lovely conversation with her. Sorry Jeffrey, you are a homophobe so shut yer gob.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2019, 06:18:05 PM

- A pile of people comparing this to the 70s and even to Omagh - its not, cop the f**k on.
- Every journalist I follow on twitter seems to have been a personal friend of the murdered woman and been drinking coffee with her the other day etc. And now they all tells us their expert opinion on what is going wrong in the north. Ruth Dudley f**king Edwards is apparently a great friend. Well you can be sure Ruth DE wouldnt step foot anywhere near trouble to report it. Anyway, these people are self promoting leeches and it reminds me a bit of the "me too" campaign, lite.
- DUP and SF are to blame? Well I am sorry just because the DUP are a bunch of sectarian & anti gay dinosaurs does not mean the other side of the Irish coin is equally as bad. Sinn Fein wanted a Irish Language act, agreed it and the DUP allowed loyalists and Orange order to force them to pull out of the deal and that is what stopped stormont getting back up and running. What are SF supposed to do, just give up and let these inbreds have everything their own way like they have for the last 100 years. They are right to hold fast for the overall better of the people they represent. Today Donaldson is on twitter with a nice story how he met McKee and had a lovely conversation with her. Sorry Jeffrey, you are a homophobe so shut yer gob.

Agree with this. As bad as this was it isn't anything near the 70s or omagh. As for Donaldson, he's a homophobic p***k and eff right off

Kidder81

Yeah I echo what you are saying about all the journalists on Twitter, reeks of opportunism from quite a few of them

Sheugh Water

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 20, 2019, 06:47:23 PM

Agree with this. As bad as this was it isn't anything near the 70s or omagh. As for Donaldson, he's a homophobic p***k and eff right off

Yeah sinn Féin licking up to DUP yesterday in creggan woukd have made you sick.

'Stephen Mallett, a community leader in Creggan, said veteran republicans disenchanted with the peace process had been recruiting young men with poor educations and job prospects. Govt austerity measures and aggressive policing had compounded social exclusion, he said, ...

Good analysis from the man closest to the problems.

Sinn fein running around in big cars whilst they push welfare reforms through.
Going to get hit at ballot box in Derry

marty34

Quote from: Sheugh Water on April 20, 2019, 07:01:12 PM

'Stephen Mallett, a community leader in Creggan, said veteran republicans disenchanted with the peace process had been recruiting young men with poor educations and job prospects. Govt austerity measures and aggressive policing had compounded social exclusion, he said, ...

Be interesting to see what happens.

It will be interesting to see how the 'independents' do in May - will people, after this, not be disillusioned?

If you reckon SF will be in bother, who will get the votes or is it a case of people will register their disillusion by not voting at all?

Sheugh Water

Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2019, 07:06:58 PM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on April 20, 2019, 07:01:12 PM

Be interesting to see what happens.

It will be interesting to see how the 'independents' do in May - will people, after this, not be disillusioned?

If you reckon SF will be in bother, who will get the votes or is it a case of people will register their disillusion by not voting at all?

Votes will go to Aontú, independents and PBP

smelmoth

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 20, 2019, 11:31:35 AM
I firmly do not believe this but there are people that do. I would be pretty sure whoever leads this type of organisation does and then peddles it and people believe it. There is probably a wee bit in what seafoid says about socio economic aspects but that is played on by "leaders".  To be honest east Belfast and loyalist paramilitaries probably has the same issue.

The dup don't believe in the gfa either. I don't know what their alternative is mind you.

All this beggars belief. Anyone who thinks that armed aggression will lead to a United ireland is criminally stupid. If they put their beliefs into action they are criminal and stupid.

It's extremely difficult to buy into the concept that within the creggan there is a sizeable group so thick to think that a United Ireland can be achieved by armed aggression or so thick to think that their economic woes can be addressed by (fatal) pop shots at authority. Surely the people of the Creggan have more about them????

smelmoth

Quote from: armaghniac on April 20, 2019, 12:05:26 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 20, 2019, 09:10:09 AM

At this stage nationalism is doing ok, this is not 1969. These loonies are like the thick GAA player who insists on a pointless clatter at the opposition even though his team are winning.

Nationalists are doing ok but is nationalism???

GFA basically precludes a unitary state and any fool can see armed aggression cannot delivery a United Ireland. What is nationalism arguing for???

smelmoth

Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2019, 05:48:58 PM

Stuff about the South being allied with the Brits plus pointless violence reminds me of Dessie O'Hare

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/the-life-and-crimes-of-dessie-o-hare-border-fox-1.3857421?mode=amp

"The veteran journalist Diarmaid McDermott was in court that day 31 years ago as he was again last Thursday. He recalled O'Hare's "rambling rant" from the same dock where Robert Emmet made his famous speech in 1803.
Pronouncing the name of the "Irish Revolutionary Brigade" O'Hare called for "republicans" to turn their guns on Irish judges, prison officers, members of the Defence Forces and gardaí.
He attacked the leadership of the Provisional IRA accusing them of being "quasi republican".
He ended his tirade with the words "may all my deeds reverberate until bloody war is waged against the British and their southern allies".

Unfortunately Dessie's rambling rants come at too high a price. Forcing innocent people to smuggle him to his kill sites always rankled with me. Whenever I read of him today I always think "what an absolute ****". I think of innocent members of my own family who went to their grave tortured to the end that they unwittingly had played a part in his slaughtering. As I say - unmitigated ****. Destroyed so much. Built and achieved nothing. ****. ****. ****. ****.

smelmoth

Donaldson a homophobe???? Hypocrite yes. Homophobe no