Fielding a second senior side...

Started by corn02, April 20, 2009, 05:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Whats the story here.

If you have a B team and two senior teams, what way does the naming of the panels work . Any other issues?

corn02

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on April 20, 2009, 05:39:16 PM
Whats the story here.

If you have a B team and two senior teams, what way does the naming of the panels work . Any other issues?

Think Cross have to name 15 players who can't play for Seconds or Bs and then another 10/12 who can't play B. May only be 10 since Cross II are in div 4 (are they re-graded to junior as well?)

Going to be something happening more in Armagh unless proper provision is made for footballers outside the top 20 in each club.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DownFanatic

In Down each club names a Top 13. These 13 players are not allowed to play Premier Reserve or Reserve football.

In the case of a club having a Senior, Premier Reserve and Reserve side, a Premier Reserve Top 13 is also created and these players are not allowed to play Reserve football.

bingobus

In Monaghan we'd field Senior, Reserve 1 and Reserve Div 4.

We name 15 for senior who can't play Reserve 1 and another 15 for Reserve 1 who can't play Reserve 4.

thebandit

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 22, 2009, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: corn02 on April 20, 2009, 05:39:16 PM
Whats the story here.

Think Cross have to name 15 players who can't play for Seconds or Bs and then another 10/12 who can't play B. May only be 10 since Cross II are in div 4 (are they re-graded to junior as well?)

Going to be something happening more in Armagh unless proper provision is made for footballers outside the top 20 in each club.

Cross are only required to name 15 but usually name 20

muppet

We have 20 players and give 10 of them 2 names and the other 10 three names.

We field 3 teams.
MWWSI 2017

milltown row

in antrim we name 15 senior players if you've seconds its another 15 if ya have thirds then another 15 then for the divisonal (old farts team) 5 from the 3rd team are graded.

we have 3 senior football teams and 2 senior hurling teams plus your two divsional teams ::)

aroundincircles

How does the county board monitor this i know in Tyrone certain teams who name in their 12 may be players who have not played for there team in years and have retired. I never can mind any suspensions or anything like it coming out of it.