Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Say a prayer for those of us who return tomorrow.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: ONeill on August 20, 2018, 04:04:10 PM

What?

Surely not!

And you won't even get 3rd September off for the final.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Jim Bob

There's no school returning today !!!!!

Jim Bob

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 20, 2018, 08:23:55 PM

What?

Surely not!

Wonder will any Kafflik Tyrone  schools choose NOT to close!!!!!

Milltown Row2

I'm glad they are back! It costs me a fortune with her off!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 21, 2018, 01:15:02 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 20, 2018, 08:23:55 PM

What?

Surely not!

Wonder will any Kafflik Tyrone  schools choose NOT to close!!!!!

Always thought it was stupid to take off the Monday after a final as a good number of children will be out late at the homecoming on the Monday night and only a tiny minority will have attended the final and even then will have been home relatively early as parents have work the next day.

Can't see anyone willing to break ranks and the vast vast majority of parents will not be pleased about this day off just when they thought they were reducing their childcare bills after the summer and seeing the back of their wee dears for a few hours every day.

Jim Bob

You can't speak for the 'vast vast majority' of parents

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 22, 2018, 12:31:14 AM
You can't speak for the 'vast vast majority' of parents

I don't speak for them or claim to do so, I only speak from experience. The cost of child care, not just in monetary terms, when schools are closed is a major factor for all families with young children, especially those who have children in a number of schools that close at different times.

Jim Bob

You said in your previous post that they will not be pleased. You were stating this as fact whereas it was only an opinion !!

haranguerer

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 22, 2018, 09:27:26 AM
You said in your previous post that they will not be pleased. You were stating this as fact whereas it was only an opinion !!

Correct it is my opinion and it is based on 34 years experience working in the education sector where I met with a considerable cross section and number of parents and was able to assess and gauge their opinions on a wide range of topics including the closure of schools.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 22, 2018, 04:21:34 PM

Correct it is my opinion and it is based on 34 years experience working in the education sector where I met with a considerable cross section and number of parents and was able to assess and gauge their opinions on a wide range of topics including the closure of schools.

Most I've spoken with are delighted to have the day off afterwards. Myself included. 

*Opinion based as a parent of two based in Tyrone.. My opinion is my own and I do not speak for all Tyrone parents. Just some. Who I know. In Tyrone.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Jim Bob

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 22, 2018, 04:21:34 PM

Well I think you should have stated that it was only your opinion in your original post. Have worked in the education sector myself for many years and have found that opinions  vary widely in any given topic

JimStynes

Anyone got a set of iPads in their school? I have 25 in the school and I want to try and control the apps and downloads from my teacher iPad or laptop. How is this done in your school? At the minute the school has a number of different apple IDs and some of the staff have even left the school. I see there is some Apple School Manager type thing.