The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: paco on October 19, 2010, 07:22:53 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 19, 2010, 12:22:22 PM
I was gonna stick Chelsea in my bet tonight but with that absentee list I don't think I will bother.

I did. :)

Obviously karma will come back and make a **** out of me after this.

I ended up putting them in, another three teams to go though.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: paco on October 19, 2010, 07:22:53 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 19, 2010, 12:22:22 PM
I was gonna stick Chelsea in my bet tonight but with that absentee list I don't think I will bother.

I did. :)

Obviously karma will come back and make a **** out of me after this.

Who else did you bet?

Edit same question to you minder
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Another 5, got greedy :D

All home teams: Real Madrid, Arsenal, Roma, Marseille and Braga. Not overly confident about Braga, know very little about them or Partizan, but they haven't won a match yet and this is their best chance at home to weak opposition.

Norf Tyrone

Good to see another fan like myself on board. Good lad Peter.

Good performance, good result, and I had £3 on the Russian at 33-1!!! Lovely!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

I haven't placed a bet on a match since the Everton 3 Man United 3, That day i had 25 euro on Vidic to score & united to win was 16/1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Another very professional performance by The Blues on Wednesday evening with top spot all but secured after 4 games. Something which will give CA a great chance to rest players over the coming weeks, and help bed in the youngsters who have showed promise in recent weeks.

Back to Weds and in truth Chelsea were in 2nd gear. A great sign considering there were 5 or 6 of the usual X1 injured, rested or not risked. Of the team that started I think Zhirkov continues to look well, and CA appears to agree by stating that the Russian will keep his spot for Sunday's fixture. Wednesday night also saw decent 15-20 minute cameo appearances by McEacheran, Sturridge and Kakuta. The three lads starting to look like established squad players already and providing far better VFM than the Ballacks, Joe Coles etc of last year.

I see the boss man has named 9 of his starting 11 for Sunday in today's press conferance. None of this mind games s**te. Effectivelly he's saying 'here's my team, what are you going to do about it'.

Cech
Ivanovic
Terry
Alex
Ashley Cole
Mikel
Essien or Ramieres
Zhirkov
Malouda or Kalou
Drogba
Anelka

Listening to the radio on Wednesday (Not sure what station) and they were stating that Chelsea were going well, but the age of the team might catch up with them. Lazy journalism. Malouda, Ivanovic, Cech, Alex, Zhirkov, Essien etc are all at their peak or just reacjing it. Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Anelka still have plenty about them, and then there is the next batch coming through. But if it suits an agenda...

As an aside I see young Dub, Conor Clifford has started his loan spell very well at Plymouth. Hopefully he's not too far behind the 4 or 5 youngsters that have pushed their way into the squad this season.

EC Unique

Found this on page 4!

Anyway, word on the street is that Ray Wilkins has left the club, with immediate effect, over something that happened lastnight!

Doogie Browser

Quote from: EC Unique on November 11, 2010, 03:11:50 PM
Found this on page 4!

Anyway, word on the street is that Ray Wilkins has left the club, with immediate effect, over something that happened lastnight!
Wilkins is a nodding dog in the same vein as Sammy Lee, no big loss I would say.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 11, 2010, 03:28:33 PM
Found this on page 4!

Wilkins is a nodding dog in the same vein as Sammy Lee, no big loss I would say.

That's definately the image Wilkins gave, and on the surface it looks like Carlo has reached the point where is comfortable with the lingo, the culture of the league and the fabric of the club. He now wants to bring in his 'own men'. Maldini being talked about already.

However as EC states there is talk from some journalists on Twitter of an 'incident'. However I suspect that perhaps that's them fishing.

Surprised all the same and disapointed. He was part of the 'team' that under Hiddink turned the club around again, and also helped with Chelsea's 'image' issues.

Timing's strange too.

Norf Tyrone

Franco Zola signed, and sealed according to the forums.

Also young Josh McEacheran in the U21s. Good step up for the boy!

orangeman

Found this on page 4!

[/b]

Any news on what happened ?.

EC Unique

QuoteChelsea midfielder Frank Lampard will be out for a further three weeks after suffering a new injury in training, manager Carlo Ancelotti said.

The 32-year-old was hoping to return to action against Sunderland this weekend after missing more than two months of the season with a hernia problem.

But he injured the abductor muscle in his leg in training on Thursday and will not now be fit until December.

Lampard's last appearance was in the 2-0 win over Stoke City on 28 August.

He had a hernia operation on 31 August and as well as missing Premier League and Champions League matches for Chelsea, he was also absent for England's Euro 2012 qualifying victories over Bulgaria and Switzerland and the 0-0 draw with Montenegro.

Chelsea will also be without Brazilian defender Alex for Sunday's match but Nicolas Anelka has recovered from a back injury.

Norf Tyrone

That Blakely wan is driving poor Frank into the ground!

Him and Essien missing for the next 3 weeks is a massive blow for Chelsea. Hopefully Ancellotti moves Malouda to midfield and Zhirkov to wide left which is better balanced than vice versa!

It's times like this Benayoun would've earned his corn!

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 12, 2010, 04:20:08 PM
That Blakely wan is driving poor Frank into the ground!
Is it any wonder, sure she leaves her knickers lying all over the bedroom we are told, Franky boy is wrecked!

anportmorforjfc

Sunderland all over chelsea! Ivanovic should have gone there ::)