The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 12, 2009, 10:35:37 AM
Quote from: stiffler on September 12, 2009, 10:24:01 AM
lampard, gerarrd and rooney all to score today, 16/1

I seen that 'Three lions' bet. It's not a bad en but I couldn't cheer a Rooney goal today!

bet with the head!!

if rooney scores a consoliation goal in the last minute i would be happy enough!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Norf Tyrone

Back to the Champions League tonight. We ended last season with Chelsea fans whining of a UEFA conspiracy, Platini, and Henning Bo.

So what happened Tom Henning? Well.... he's the ref in the Juve game tonight. That's Juve the darling club of Platini! You couldn't make it up!

Anyhow... good to see three youngsters in the squad tonight, Borini, Brauma, and Hutchinson.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Welcome back Joe Cole!

Cech, Ivanfield, Terry, Carvalho, Ash Cole, Ballack, Essien, Lamps, Malouda, Kalou, Anelka.

Subs: Turnball, Hutchinson, Bruma, Belletti, Joe Cole, Borini, Sturrudge.

Good see the youf getting some bench experience.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

A Quinn Martin Production

Hard to raise any enthusiasm for this stage of the CL.  Pity they didn't show the Madrid Zurich game :-\
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

Very little to say bar rubbish performance, rubbish. Porto deserved a point.

orangeman

Sacked ??????

Chelsea chief Kenyon leaves role 

Chelsea have announced that Peter Kenyon will be leaving his full-time role at the end of October.

Kenyon, who joined Chelsea from Manchester United in 2003, will continue at Stamford Bridge as a non-executive director.

"I have been in football for 15 years and I can say with great certainty and pleasure the experience at Chelsea is one of the best I have had," he said.

An Fear Rua

Heard he is off to the BooCamp. Having had dealings with him personally, believe me he is no loss.
Its Grim up North

On the plus side he was instrumental in bringing the Special One to Chelsea on the minus side he came across as a bit of a twat

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on September 16, 2009, 04:04:57 PM
On the plus side he was instrumental in bringing the Special One to Chelsea on the minus side he came across as a bit of a t**t

Agreed. His PR was very poor, but too many chiefs at the Bridge didn't help. With ROman, Buck, Tenebaum, Arshavin etc.

After José the positives of PK was bringing the old badge, and the set up and care given now to ex players with functions, events to pay medical expenses etc.

From the Guardian...I thought Simon Greenberg was a shoo-in here but...another ex MU man!

Chelsea have named Ron Gourlay as their new chief executive following the departure of Peter Kenyon. Gourlay was previously the club's chief operating officer.

"It is a huge honour to be offered the chance to lead Chelsea," said Gourlay. "We have a fantastic team both on and off the field and those teams can move us on to even greater success in the future. To be responsible for that is a fantastic challenge and I will be giving it my total commitment, drive and energy.

"All successful clubs strike the balance between the footballing and commercial sides and my role is to ensure this happens as it is a critical part of our strategy moving forward."

Gourlay has been at Chelsea for five years and has previously had senior roles at Manchester United and Umbro. Frank Arnesen was thought to be in the frame to replace Kenyon, but Chelsea's chairman, Bruce Buck, claimed Gourlay was "the outstanding candidate for the job".

"It was not necessary to look outside as we had someone with all the necessary attributes inside which was important as it ensures continuity and a smooth transition," added Buck. "He has the total support of the board and Roman [Abramovich] and both the football and business elements of the club will report to him.

"Ron has been a central figure in the commercial success of Chelsea in recent years and he has excellent operational experience and is thoroughly respected across the football side. We are absolutely confident that he can now take us forward into the next stage of our development as a club and business."

Norf Tyrone

Inter Zapresic claim they have come to an agreement with Chelsea which will see young goalkeeper Matej Delac move to Stamford Bridge in 2011. 

The Croatian club released a statement on their website, www.inter.hr, in which they confirmed Delac will remain with them for the next two years, during which period Chelsea will pay his wages.

Zapresic also revealed that Delac, who will travel to London whenever possible to train with the Blues, will then be under contract with the Barclays Premier League side for five years.   
Sporting director Branko Laljak said: 'This deal will save us from bankruptcy.   

'We are proud to have sold one of our players to one of the strongest clubs in the world.'   

The keeper, who turned 17 in August, broke the record for the youngest Croatian player ever called up for international duty when Slaven Bilic named him in his squad to face England earlier this month.   

Chelsea have banned by FIFA from registering any new players in the next two registration periods after they were found guilty of inducing French teenager Gael Kakuta to breach his contract with Lens.

Norf Tyrone

A bigger test than Chelsea have had to date from the Spurs tomorrow I'd guess. In previous games Chelsea have been able to compensate for lack of width by allowing Cole and Bosingwa to bomb forward.
However with Lennon, and more of an attacking threat from Defoe etc, Ancellotti might need to rethink. Interesting to see how he handles it.

Archie Mitchell

Spurs defensive problems, in that they can't defend, will cost them today. Look at the way Utd overturned them last week and they wernt firing on all cylinders yet. Could be a high scoring game but expect Chelsea to win.