The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2013, 05:18:23 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 24, 2013, 05:10:58 PM
That's the professional world, and that's the way you and me would think if we were in it!

All professional sportsmen think the same way as Rio Ferdinand? I'm not convinced, but a depressing image all the same.

I don't see that much wrong with his statement.

Why would you want to be a ballboy as a 17 year old? Surely there should be age restrictions and young children (probably 12 or so years old) should get it.

There are players playing in the premier league as old as the ball boy and your sympathy levels for him dramatically go down when you hear his age!

Hazard shouldn't have done it but your man is 17 and should know better. He's old enough to play in the premier league, he's old enough to have a job, he's old enough to have left school etc etc.

He lay on a ball, he didn't kill someone ffs.

magpie seanie

If Hazard had scored a goal and the Swansea keeper grabbed the ball and wouldn't give it to him (I know, that would never happen!!!) would it be ok to kick the keeper? People have truly lost their minds over this. At least when Cantona kicked that Simmons guy he had good reason.

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 24, 2013, 05:21:53 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 04:46:21 PM
Gee, why would anyone lift a finger for a sports team unless they were being paid for it?

I think the point is that ballboys are normally kids and not 17 years olds.

I didn't realise that was cast in stone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 05:26:09 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 24, 2013, 05:21:53 PM
Gee, why would anyone lift a finger for a sports team unless they were being paid for it?

I think the point is that ballboys are normally kids and not 17 years olds.

I didn't realise that was cast in stone.

Obviously it isn't.

tommysmith

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2013, 05:23:57 PM
Neither did Hazard!

Yeah and what?

Hazard did something not allowed in rules of game and will get punished for it.

imtommygunn

I don't disagree that he should be punished however this ballboy is not a kid and that makes a big difference to the situation.

17 years old and behaving like that... I think most people's sympathy levels for the guy would have dropped when hearing that.

The ballboy didn't kill anyone but neither did Hazard. How hard did he kick him? The ballboy has obviously been paying too much attention to the play acting.

Yes Hazard was wrong in what he did and should be punished. So should the ballboy.

Ferdinand didn't say that much wrong. I bet the people chastising him atren't united supporters. I am far from a united supported by the way.

tommysmith

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2013, 05:32:44 PM

The ballboy didn't kill anyone but neither did Hazard. How hard did he kick him?

I don't think it matters how hard he kicked him, its the fact that he did, and the rules of the game don't allow for that.

He broke a rule he got sent off and that should be that.

stew

Quote from: Jonah on January 24, 2013, 12:40:50 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 10:15:54 AM
Quote from: muppet on January 24, 2013, 10:09:13 AM
Most of the posters here defending Hazard would be exploding in indignation if the person lying on the ball had been the goalkeeper of their beloved team. This was a ball boy, Hazard is a 'professional'.

Long ban ahead hopefully.

I wouldn't defend Hazard, just as I didn't defend Jamie Carragher when he threw that pound coin into the crowd at Highbury. But I hope the ball boy is the subject of ridicule throughout the globe, if not for lying on the ball then just for rolling around like a foreigner.

Really? A 17 year old kid?
In the age of cyberbullying and kids committing suicide for being bullied you want a 17 year old kid to be ridiculed across the world?
What about the nurse who committed suicide for being on the end of a prank phone call?
What if it was your own son?

Well said Jonah, that was actually one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here................Let me get this straight, he wants a 17 year old ball boy to be ridiculed around the planet for having the temerity to waste about ten seconds of a 90 minute match? That's fecked in the head that is.

I am going to send that poster a quid so he can buy himself some perspective!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2013, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 24, 2013, 02:13:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2013, 02:02:02 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2013, 01:05:45 PM
A 17 year old wastes about 5 seconds of time - a wee sc**bag.
A professional footballer throws a kick at a 17 year old on the ground - he did no wrong.

WTF are some of you boys on?

He's there to make sure no time is wasted and the rolling around in agony only compounded his idiocy:

I think the ref was dead right to send off Hazard - he would have done the same had it been a player who he had kicked - and he should get a hefty ban.

He was timewasting. Why did he lie on the ball?
Hazard was trying to get the game going again.

I thought it was unfair to send him off. It wasn't a premeditated foul or anything.
So all red cards have to be premeditated? WTF,,,,,

Sending him off was a joke. If the BB hadn't started arsing around nothing would have happened. Chelski needed 2 goals and it was 72 minutes gone and he goes ahead and does something provocative like that.
What Hazard did had no impact on the game. Most people would do the same in that position.

You are some eejit, so you seem to think that most on here would kick a 17 year old in the ribs because he was time wasting? is that what you mean?

I love it that you think what Hazard did not no impact on the game, he got f**king sent off you muppet, they had to play the last 18 minutes a man down when they were chasing the game, I would call that impactful. Jeez Louise!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

The Swiss FA banned a player, Serey Die, for 8 games for slapping a ballboy who was perceived to be time wasting. The Chelsea player should be facing something similar.

This ballboy did well to stay on his feet, unlike many players who would be rolling around in agony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzI4LXJa8qc

rodney trotter

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2013, 04:07:08 PM
Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5

17 year old ball boy... is that a wind up!!? Is being a ball boy now a career move??

You are missing the point, almost every Premier League Club, the ball boys or girls are between 12 - 16. Swansea were obviously different with the 17 year old.

Wildweasel74

Hazard did something not allowed in rules of game and will get punished for it.

Dont make me laugh, the rules of soccer are broke every week, half the premiership is full of divers, cheats, overpaid under performing divas and they dont get punished for it.

Hazard should and will get banned, but where in my life time of watching football did you ever see a ball boy lying on a football, it simply never happened, and its not time wasting as some people call it, it cheating. Hope everybody on here is righteous when some player of a team u support dives to win a penalty.

At 17, he is not  child, Giggs, Rooney played in the premiership at this age, i was playing football for my senior team at this age, people are calling this assault, not hardly, foolish yes, but if Hazard to takes the rap for what happened, then the ballboy can take the rap for letting the situation develope

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on January 24, 2013, 05:40:50 PM
Quote from: Jonah on January 24, 2013, 12:40:50 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 10:15:54 AM
Quote from: muppet on January 24, 2013, 10:09:13 AM
Most of the posters here defending Hazard would be exploding in indignation if the person lying on the ball had been the goalkeeper of their beloved team. This was a ball boy, Hazard is a 'professional'.

Long ban ahead hopefully.

I wouldn't defend Hazard, just as I didn't defend Jamie Carragher when he threw that pound coin into the crowd at Highbury. But I hope the ball boy is the subject of ridicule throughout the globe, if not for lying on the ball then just for rolling around like a foreigner.

Really? A 17 year old kid?
In the age of cyberbullying and kids committing suicide for being bullied you want a 17 year old kid to be ridiculed across the world?
What about the nurse who committed suicide for being on the end of a prank phone call?
What if it was your own son?

Well said Jonah, that was actually one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here................Let me get this straight, he wants a 17 year old ball boy to be ridiculed around the planet for having the temerity to waste about ten seconds of a 90 minute match? That's fecked in the head that is.

I am going to send that poster a quid so he can buy himself some perspective!

But the lad is going to get this attention anyways, in the main brought on by himself, had he not given Hazard the ball he'd not have got kicked simple, Hazard is completely off his rocker for kicking him too but I've no sympathy for this 17 year twat. This will no doubt have increased his twitter account and he'll be sitting back laughing his head off at this, I doubt very much he'll care.

Also this really worked well in Swansea's favour, time wasting and a Chelsea player sent off!! Result, watch the grounds this weekend, ballbaoys everywhere throwing themselves on the balls!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

This was at the end of a comment on football365.com

What the f*ck is going on, people? What's happening? This is a sideshow. It was a brief and unfortunate moment for which one party has been punished. This is not what we should be debating. It's not what we should even be spending our time talking about. It's certainly not what every single match report about Swansea reaching their first ever major cup final in the national press should lead on. Stop it. Stop talking about it. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/8430464/Mediawatch

Hit the nail on the head for me!