The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Squad depth being seriously tested this month. At least Karius apparently had a decent game and kept the tie alive. Problem is Southampton can now go to Anfield and sit on the edge of their box, using the pace of Long on the break.

Need Matip back big time, especially for Sunday.

Puckoon

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2017, 09:43:01 PM
That was vey poor. Emre Can is going backwards at a rate of knots. No pace, no spark, no urgency. That was reminiscent of a performance for Rodgers' last days.

He's never been blessed with a ton pace of but he's certainly looked slow and sluggish recently. Was he injured for a while?

J70

Quote from: Puckoon on January 12, 2017, 05:20:17 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2017, 09:43:01 PM
That was vey poor. Emre Can is going backwards at a rate of knots. No pace, no spark, no urgency. That was reminiscent of a performance for Rodgers' last days.

He's never been blessed with a ton pace of but he's certainly looked slow and sluggish recently. Was he injured for a while?

He was, but he's been back for six or seven weeks.

Maroon Manc

What are the chances of Henderson & Matip been back for Sunday?

angermanagement

Both back training today, if no reactions both will start.

Cunny Funt

Sky hyping Sundays game to its max. Another boring 0-0 on the cards which will probably suit Liverpool more.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 12, 2017, 02:37:53 PM
Sky hyping Sundays game to its max. Another boring 0-0 on the cards which will probably suit Liverpool more.

Liverpool have been poor and unimaginative in the last 3 games now. Sunderland, Plymouth and Southampton. If they are similar on Sunday, they'll lose at least 2-0.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 12, 2017, 02:49:12 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 12, 2017, 02:37:53 PM

Liverpool have been poor and unimaginative in the last 3 games now. Sunderland, Plymouth and Southampton. If they are similar on Sunday, they'll lose at least 2-0.
Near full strength United were far from great against a injury hit hull side in poor form on Tuesday night. And United have already dropped points this season at home to the likes of Stoke and Burnley.

I think Sundays game has a draw written all over it. Hopefully it's a decent game though with a few goals and not another borefest like the Anfield meeting in mid October.

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on January 11, 2017, 10:01:22 PM
Had a little dust in my eye reading this...

https://www.balls.ie/football/plymouth-fan-356356

That's brilliant. There are lots of really good people out there....we need more stories about them and their kindness.

Don't come in here much but having a wee snoop with the week that's in it. How do ye put up with this Stallion....ye probably all have him/her on ignore at this stage.

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

rory

Any thoughts on team for Sunday?
I would go with something like this

Mignolet

Clyne  Lovren  Matip  Milner

Wijnaldum        Henderson
             Coutinho

Lallana          Firmino
               Origi

Origi ahead of Sturridge and Can on the bench too

AZOffaly

I definitely think the shape and pace is a lot better with Lallana as that advanced midfielder and with Coutinho on the left. You can't have Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum as they are too static. (even more so when Lucas is there instead of Henderson).

I'd go with

Mignolet

Clyne            Lovren              Matip                Milner

Wijnaldum     Henderson

Lallana

Firmino                                                         Coutinho

Sturridge

J70

You must be confident Seanie? United going very well, playing decent football, scoring a few, tight at the back; Liverpool in a bit of a slump, showing a bit of weariness.

Actually almost reverse roles from build-up to Anfield game, although Liverpool are not capable of parking the bus with the robustness United showed that night.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 12, 2017, 03:39:04 PM
I definitely think the shape and pace is a lot better with Lallana as that advanced midfielder and with Coutinho on the left. You can't have Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum as they are too static. (even more so when Lucas is there instead of Henderson).

I'd go with

Mignolet

Clyne            Lovren              Matip                Milner

Wijnaldum     Henderson

Lallana

Firmino                                                         Coutinho

Sturridge

Yeah, i think thats the best team available with Mane away, although i wouldnt be that surprised to see Origi get the nod ahead of Sturridge
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either