Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Best Stag I was ever at was in Liverpool. Hotels ,beer, taxis ,food etc very cheap. Lapdances (it you are so inclined) were £5 and this was before the Euro parity. People there were very friendly and we caught 2 matches there ....LFC on the Saturday and MCFC by train on the Sunday before the late Ryanair Sunday flight home. Stick with the bottled beer though.

Galway imo has its head up its own hole and is to be avoided at all costs. Massively overrated. Sadly you don't even hear Irish being spoken on the streets anymore.

No1

QuoteIf you have been to Newcastle before i would give it a miss for a stag
Is a lot quieter than it used to be
Liverpool or Bristol would be the best spots across the water IMHO

Bristol is a great shout, especially if there is racing at Chepstow on the weekend concerned.

delboy

Last two i have been two were in liverpool and newcastle, both good but newcastle was the better of the two cities.

mackers

Prague for sure...........their currency is the koruna(sp?) so the euro rate is not a worry.....there for a stag a couple of years ago and if you drink in the right spots it was 50p a pint........food was also cheap at about £5 for some nice grub. We organised atrip out into the country and got shooting with an AK47, Glock handgun and Pump Action Shotgun.........excellent craic and something you wouldn't get doing at home needless to say.
Was in Edinburgh over the summer on a stag and it was excellent also.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Tommy Tight Lips

been to amsterdam before,lets just say it was excellent,heard very good reports on prague in that was similiar to if not better than the 'dam and most definitely cheaper.newcastle and liverpool two great cities in england too.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Canalman on January 08, 2009, 03:14:08 PM
Galway imo has its head up its own hole and is to be avoided at all costs. Massively overrated. Sadly you don't even hear Irish being spoken on the streets anymore.

You're obviously not listening hard enough.

I still hear Irish spoken on the streets of Galway regularly (or at least in shops and some pubs) but there are so many different groups of nationalities living in the city now that you are just as likely to hear Polish, Nigerian, Spanish or French.

Having said that as a native speaker maybe my ear is just more attuned to picking it up.

stiffler

Was in newcastle over xmas for a few days...£3 a triple vodka and spray mixer.....hard to beat that!

better clubs etc than liverpool imho
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Santino

Prague prob the best stag i was ever on, out of about 12 r so. Good thing about heading further afield is that only the people who are really good mates will go so you don't have to waste time on work pals and 2nd cousins you can't really be arsed with. been in budapest as well and crews of about 15 each time which is just about right cuz bigger groups always splinter anyway.

Shortso79

Birmingham is a good spot

broad street flat out

kumquat

Abroad - Hamburg
Scotland - Edinburgh
England - Newcastle

three gret cities for a stag

Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

Shortso79

anybody been to cardiff ?

whats it like

The Watcher Pat

Liverpool is great for a rip..Have been over about 5 times in the last 2 yrs..Always seem to end up in O'Neills even though i always say i'm never going back. The walkabout in Concert Square is a good spot for women..About 3 women for every fella...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

StGallsGAA

Quoteanybody been to cardiff ?

whats it like

A lot of fat birds  and you can't understand a word they are saying but they will drop the keks on hearing an irish accent.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 08, 2009, 08:15:37 PM
Quoteanybody been to cardiff ?

whats it like

A lot of fat birds  and you can't understand a word they are saying but they will drop the keks on hearing an irish accent.

Shortso79