Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cde

clarshack

well done derrytresk! cremartin will be a lot tougher in the final though. it'll be a 50/50 game.

sounds like it's getting a bit out of hand up at dunmoyle in the league final.

Moortown Spuds

Sounds like its turning very messy and not just your normal sh*te either.

Tommo2

Wonder will there be any Rasharkin style suspensions from the fights today. Don't think the county board have the balls for it.

Moortown Spuds

Do either team have any previous disciplinary records?

skeog

carmen attempted by their actions to have game abandoned scenes which were dreadful and have no place in our wonderful game lets hope ccc have balls to take the necessary action took away from   dromore who were the better team through most of the game

Moortown Spuds

Whatever happened has made the BBC evening news.  >:( >:( >:(

And skeog I suppose all those from Dromore had their halos on?

MR99

[missed the game today, regretting it already.  Sounded on radio like young Sludden had a stormer, Carmen never seemed to get going.  Was it as tight as it sounded?

Who stood out today?

goal and a point

QuoteViolent scenes at Tyrone Gaelic Football League Final

Tyrone GAA chiefs will launch an investigation  after Sunday's county football league final was marred by violence on  and off the field.         A mass brawl broke out on the field in the closing minutes of  the game and violence then erupted in the stands with several people  involved.The match between Dromore and Carrickmore was held up for around 10 minutes before play eventually resumed.
County champions Dromore won 0-11 to 0-6 at Dunmoyle near Ballygawley.
One eyewitness told BBC Sport that "blood was spilled" during the disturbances in the stand.
Carrickmore players Gabriel McCallan and Plunkett McCallan,  who are bothers, were sent off following the mass brawl on the pitch.
Tyrone GAA PRO Damien Harvey acknowledged that the scenes  "were not pleasant viewing" and confirmed that the county's competitions  control committee would investigate the disturbances after receiving  the referee's report.
"The county's CCC (competitions control committee) which is a  sub-committee independent of the county board will take any necessary  action after studying the referee's report," said the Tyrone PRO.
Referees are required to produce their match reports within three days of games.
Despite the scenes, Mr Harvey said that there were no reports of anybody sustaining major injuries.
Tyrone GAA county chairman Ciaran McLaughlin added that the  involvement of spectators in the disturbances was a "worrying  development".
"When something happens outside the perimeter of the field,  and spectators become involved, it is very serious," added the Tyrone  chairman.
Earlier this season, a referee was seriously assaulted at a  ladies match in Tyrone, as a result of which two men, one of them a  member of the Carrickmore management team, received lifetime bans.
Dromore's victory saw them completing a championship and league double in Tyrone football.
[/quote]

Several people would be an under statement.
The worst part for me was I saw one dromore lady with 2 very young children trying to get them out of the road - unreal for small children having to witness that.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: skeog on November 13, 2011, 06:08:42 PM
carmen attempted by their actions to have game abandoned scenes which were dreadful and have no place in our wonderful game lets hope ccc have balls to take the necessary action took away from   dromore who were the better team through most of the game

Why are the county board launching an investigation? Why are they waiting for refs report?

They should just take skeog word and demand the carrickmore club be disbanded.

Would that be ok skeog?
First on the field and last to leave

Norf Tyrone

Why didn't the referee abandon the game if it was that bad?

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

fairplay11

Both clubs are to blame. I believe a business man used his brolly to strike at Plunkett McCallan through the wire. Dromore all round a better team, Carmen rely on the same men time and time again with lacking that little bit up front.

Up The Middle

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on November 13, 2011, 07:06:42 PM
Quote from: skeog on November 13, 2011, 06:08:42 PM

Why are the county board launching an investigation? Why are they waiting for refs report?

They should just take skeog word and demand the carrickmore club be disbanded.

Would that be ok skeog?
:D
We
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

bderryman

How much had that tr**p on cross today,mans a joke...was he trying to get his 600 back he had on dromore...the mans a menace within the game...