Mayo V Sligo - Connaught senior final - July 15th

Started by sligoman2, June 25, 2012, 12:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mano

That's now 2 big blows for Mayo with 2 experienced players not available which reduces their options from the bench. I was surprised that Harte and Mortimer were not starting and would be much more fearful of Mayo if their full forward line was Mortimer, Moran, Freeman. Game plan is obviously a running game and Sligo middle 8 will have to stop Higgins and Mayo half backs by foul or fair means to. Taylor will add more mobility to Sligo midfield and played well when brought on against Galway. He can be very inconsistent though so hopefully this will be one of his good days.

knobblyknees

Anyone have an idea, where I can watch this game online. Im in New Zealand and would hate to miss it

Crete Boom

Quote from: knobblyknees on July 13, 2012, 10:57:23 AM
Anyone have an idea, where I can watch this game online. Im in New Zealand and would hate to miss it

If TV3 steam it live it shouldn't be too hard to watch it on the web. You'll have to clone an Irish IP address but that'll be easy.A quick google search will throw a heap of sites that do this.

eviemonkey

Knobblyknees, have send you a PM with a couple of options.

TyrionLannister

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 13, 2012, 11:07:36 AM

If TV3 steam it live it shouldn't be too hard to watch it on the web. You'll have to clone an Irish IP address but that'll be easy.A quick google search will throw a heap of sites that do this.

Can you do the same cloning of an IP to watch RTE playa ?

Crete Boom

Quote from: TyrionLannister on July 13, 2012, 11:21:10 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on July 13, 2012, 11:07:36 AM

Can you do the same cloning of an IP to watch RTE playa ?

Yep it's not too hard same with the BBC I player too.

Crete Boom

For Sligoman2 and Syferus here's a link to some Mayo over-confidence :
http://mayogaablog.com/?p=10706
  and for the rest of the Sligo boys here's a trip down mermory lane:
http://spailpin.blogspot.ie/2012/07/1975-was-it-really-mayos-worst-ever.html

Mayo4Sam

It's on Hogan stand a statement from the Mortimer family, apparently it's in the examiner. Basically the jist seems to be that Horan was telling CM it had to do with game plans. It goes through JH not contacting CM while he was injured and there being no shrule lads on the panel.
It talks about Kenny & Trevor and how all three put a lot into mayo football and CM has nothing to be ashamed of and they support him. how he scored 8 against Dublin but then only got 10-15 mins against Kerry the next day and that 2/3 previous managers had been watching training and couldn't believe he wasn't picked

He obviously feels he's hard done by but I wouldn't have a lot of time for a statement like that
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

sligoman2

Mayo boys
Whether ye admit it or not the air of arrogance  ( some open and some poorly concealed) is apparent.
All im saying is ye are confident of a victory in general and ye should be.  Im clinging to the hope that  your team is also over confident  and we ambush ye. If wd play well we could keep it close.

Im worried about Taylor in midfield, he needs a good kick up the hole going out on the field because sometimes he looks like he's not interested.  Walsh needs to pull the plug early on non performers.

Tony, get stuck in early please.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

TyrionLannister

Quote from: Mano on July 13, 2012, 10:38:21 AM
That's now 2 big blows for Mayo with 2 experienced players not available which reduces their options from the bench. I was surprised that Harte and Mortimer were not starting and would be much more fearful of Mayo if their full forward line was Mortimer, Moran, Freeman. Game plan is obviously a running game and Sligo middle 8 will have to stop Higgins and Mayo half backs by foul or fair means to. Taylor will add more mobility to Sligo midfield and played well when brought on against Galway. He can be very inconsistent though so hopefully this will be one of his good days.

Yeah that Sligo midfield will be a big test for Mayo on Sunday as they are both good fielders on their day.
The Leitrim midfield were non-existent if Mayo are honest about it, although Moran still had a good day.

Will it be Keegan or Boyle to take on Costello? That will be an interesting match-up.

ludermor

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 13, 2012, 12:51:18 PM
Mayo boys
Whether ye admit it or not the air of arrogance  ( some open and some poorly concealed) is apparent.
All im saying is ye are confident of a victory in general and ye should be.  Im clinging to the hope that  your team is also over confident  and we ambush ye. If wd play well we could keep it close.

Im worried about Taylor in midfield, he needs a good kick up the hole going out on the field because sometimes he looks like he's not interested.  Walsh needs to pull the plug early on non performers.

Tony, get stuck in early please.
i think you're confusing confident with Over confident.

moysider

Quote from: TyrionLannister on July 13, 2012, 12:55:30 PM
Quote from: Mano on July 13, 2012, 10:38:21 AM

Yeah that Sligo midfield will be a big test for Mayo on Sunday as they are both good fielders on their day.
The Leitrim midfield were non-existent if Mayo are honest about it, although Moran still had a good day.

Will it be Keegan or Boyle to take on Costello? That will be an interesting match-up.

I d go with Keegan and get him to attack, attack, attack. Try and take Costello out of his comfort zone and see does he have the appetite/legs for tracking back. If Costello holds his position somebody ll have to drop off and pick him up.

Farrandeelin

sligoman2 where have I shown overconfidwnce? Mayo are in disarray with Mortimer hogging the headlines.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

western exile

Steady there Farrandeelin....  8)  Hardly 'disarray'.

I was at the semi final in Salthill and was very impressed with the Sligo midfield in the second half.  The starting Mayo midfield will struggle with this pair as they will supply Costello and Marren with enough ball to do damage. But the game lasts 70 minutes and Mayo have more capacity for making the necessary changes when needed.  This game is as much a test for the sideline mentors of both teams too.

I am calling a Mayo win by 4 points.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 13, 2012, 01:29:15 PM
sligoman2 where have I shown overconfidwnce? Mayo are in disarray with Mortimer hogging the headlines.

I wouldn t bother 'deelin. It s how they like to think we think.

If anything there s fair amount of smugness among local Sligos about this one. They re not quite rubbing their hands together but........

As regards Conorgate. Chokin the little fecker wants with family statements and shite. Why should Horan have to explain every selection to him?

Harte was in form in late league and got no game time at all v Leitrim and he didn t go away crying like a baby. A bigger loss if we were to progress imo.