TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Bosch season 4 is decent so far. I've got up to episode 6.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Thastheball on April 17, 2018, 01:39:08 PM
If you like science fic, I would recommend 'Lost In Space' on Netflix, really enjoyed it.

It would hard to beat the original series from 1965 which ran for three series.

JimStynes

Ended up picking a random show from amazon prime called 'Flesh and Bone'. Don't laugh but it's about a ballerina and the lifestyle when preparing for a show. Some good action in it too  ;)

bennydorano

History of the Jews on BBC 4 is interesting

themac_23

Watched the first season of Jessica Jones, was quite decent if you like Marvel solid 6/10, decided to give Luke Cage a watch next to try get into the Marvel a bit, been really impressed with it, only 5 episodes in but much better that Jessica Jones i think, sitting at an 8/10 for me at the minute, really enjoying it

Ethan Tremblay

I have watched all the marvel Netflix shows and Jessica Jones would be the pick of them as it's the most grounded.  David Tennant plays such as good bad guy.  Started watching Brooklyn 99, sort of like scrubs, stupid comedy, easy watching. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

screenexile

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on April 20, 2018, 12:07:40 PM
I have watched all the marvel Netflix shows and Jessica Jones would be the pick of them as it's the most grounded.  David Tennant plays such as good bad guy.  Started watching Brooklyn 99, sort of like scrubs, stupid comedy, easy watching.

Yeah Andy Samberg is very funny.

Watched "The Defiant Ones" last night. Great piece of television very interesting to get to know some of the behind the scenes stuff from some of the biggest records ever made absolutely quality stuff and very funny in parts.

themac_23

I have watched all the marvel Netflix shows and Jessica Jones would be the pick of them as it's the most grounded.  David Tennant plays such as good bad guy. Started watching Brooklyn 99, sort of like scrubs, stupid comedy, easy watching.

i thought he was very good, i just seem to be enjoying the storyline of Luke Cage better, especially like the bits where it flashes back to when he was in Jail etc

Taylor

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 17, 2018, 07:59:13 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on April 17, 2018, 01:39:08 PM
If you like science fic, I would recommend 'Lost In Space' on Netflix, really enjoyed it.

It would hard to beat the original series from 1965 which ran for three series.

As someone who isnt a fan of sci fi watched first episode of Lost In Space last night.
Not bad and will return for more of it

gallsman

Quote from: Main Street on April 11, 2018, 09:57:59 PM
I've finished the 3 series of the The Bureau, aka Le Bureau des Légendes. Without any doubt it's the best spy centric drama ever conceived
and ranks up there as a top class tv drama..

Best recommendation I've ever taken off this thread. Six episodes in and it's one of the most gripping pieces of TV I've ever seen. The scale and scope of it is insanely ambitious but not once does it ever feel overstretched. Absolutely stunning.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on April 20, 2018, 12:20:08 PM

Yeah Andy Samberg is very funny.

Watched "The Defiant Ones" last night. Great piece of television very interesting to get to know some of the behind the scenes stuff from some of the biggest records ever made absolutely quality stuff and very funny in parts.
I thought it was brilliant.
A great watch if you have any interest in music or indeed popular culture.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Smokin Joe

Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 11:15:12 AM

I've finished the 3 series of the The Bureau, aka Le Bureau des Légendes. Without any doubt it's the best spy centric drama ever conceived

Best recommendation I've ever taken off this thread. Six episodes in and it's one of the most gripping pieces of TV I've ever seen. The scale and scope of it is insanely ambitious but not once does it ever feel overstretched. Absolutely stunning.

Having just watched The Killing Season 1 and 2 I had the Bureau lined up next to start watching.  Glad to hear that the recommendation was spot on.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 23, 2018, 12:09:14 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 11:15:12 AM

Having just watched The Killing Season 1 and 2 I had the Bureau lined up next to start watching.  Glad to hear that the recommendation was spot on.
This on Netflix or some of those illegal sites?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2018, 01:08:36 PM
This on Netflix or some of those illegal sites?

Amazon Prime has it

gallsman

Finished Season 3 of The Bureau yesterday. Brilliant stuff altogether. Season 4 began filming in February so will hopefully be out later this year.