Charlie Vernon

Started by T O Hare, January 23, 2009, 02:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

He deserevs a thread of his own!! It was a pleasure as a Down man to pay eight pound to watch this man tonight!!!He was immense! he seemed to be everwhereand  is strong, intelligent and two great feet. His turn of pace is unreal !! Armagh will have some midfield if he does not partner McGrane this year, He is one to look out for!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Final Whistle

sure with big sean giving him pointers over the breakfast table how couldn't he be.

great fella, rather freakishly strong. a throwback to the armagh grimleys except vernon can play too.

corn02

Seems to be making a claim for midfield so. Good sign.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Brick Tamlin

O Hare wind yer neck in. Ye cant go giving every player that has a great/decent game against a rank down team in the Mc Kenna cup in January a thread of his own.

decent player alright but not the player ye make him out to be.

corn02

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 23, 2009, 09:12:32 AM

decent player alright but not the player ye make him out to be.

Based on what?

ONeill

Definitely not the immense, unreal and intelligent package from what I've seen of him. It's January, McKenna Cup. James Kielt, Sean O'Neill, CJ McGourty, Charlie Vernon, Justin Crozier....they're all a lot further on in terms of fitness/strength. Happened to bump into one of the Down backroom team...thought Vernon was good but equally as good was Loughrey of Antrim.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2009, 09:20:53 AM
Definitely not the immense, unreal and intelligent package from what I've seen of him. It's January, McKenna Cup. James Kielt, Sean O'Neill, CJ McGourty, Charlie Vernon, Justin Crozier....they're all a lot further on in terms of fitness/strength. Happened to bump into one of the Down backroom team...thought Vernon was good but equally as good was Loughrey of Antrim.

Vernon is a special talent though. He has excelled at every level he has played at. Last year for Armagh he was steady, mainly down to his role, but I think if placed in the middle he could flourish.

He has been built up as the next big CHB, but he is a midfielder plain and simple.

His performances for Harps in the middle (I know it ain't county) are quite astonishing at times, literally can not be stopped.

Brick Tamlin

Based on my opinion Corn, plain and simple, just an opinion.

there are alot of ifs and maybes about Vernon regarding positions etc but until he actually stars at intercounty Senior level in games of note then i still dont really see him as a "special talent" im afraid.

again its not that i think he is crap but just not as good as some make out.

corn02

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 23, 2009, 09:36:18 AM

there are alot of ifs and maybes about Vernon regarding positions etc but until he actually stars at intercounty Senior level in games of note then i still dont really see him as a "special talent" im afraid.

Yeah fair enough, I am not going to try and change an opinion. Hard for a 22-year-old to star at inetercounty when just on the panel two years and playing a position he doesn;t favour.

Having seen him excell for Harps, Armagh underage and Queen's, I think he will be a main player in the next couple of years.

Final Whistle

Quote from: corn02 on January 23, 2009, 09:38:16 AM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 23, 2009, 09:36:18 AM

Yeah fair enough, I am not going to try and change an opinion. Hard for a 22-year-old to star at inetercounty when just on the panel two years and playing a position he doesn;t favour.

Having seen him excell for Harps, Armagh underage and Queen's, I think he will be a main player in the next couple of years.

no way is he 22!! id say 20 max!

Rois

Did the accountancy milkround in Nov (3rd year uni) so he's prob only 20/21

Our Nail Loney

Hes definitely in his fourth year at uni... Was a second year the year they won the sigerson...

Final Whistle

the dinner ladies at st.pat's used to spike his mince pie with angel dust.........................................................................supposedly? ???

Drung

QuoteHe has excelled at every level he has played at

Every level bar senior inter-county.

So far.