Connacht SFC 2019

Started by Rossfan, April 23, 2019, 11:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Whats the deal with Galway's injuries?

I know where Comer is up to and its unlikely we'll see Conroy play in the province this summer either but surely McDaid must be in contention for the Sligo game! I'm sure it was a metatarsal he fractured which so you'd think he'd be back by now.

Any word on whether Cooke & Duggan will be back for next weekend?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on May 08, 2019, 11:38:22 AM
Will ya fkn stop ruining this thread with your nonsense?
Raise it with the person who introduced the subject.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 08, 2019, 01:29:24 PM
Whats the deal with Galway's injuries?

I know where Comer is up to and its unlikely we'll see Conroy play in the province this summer either but surely McDaid must be in contention for the Sligo game! I'm sure it was a metatarsal he fractured which so you'd think he'd be back by now.

Any word on whether Cooke & Duggan will be back for next weekend?

Haven't heard if they're back but I have heard Sean Kelly is definitely out with a pulled hamstring. Serious amount of leg injuries in the panel

cornetto

Seems mcdaid had an infection in his wound that delayed his return,but should be available for selection.himself and brannigan will share a half forward spot even though his preferred position is half back.fionntain o curraoin was to start against London but for whatever reason came on as a sub.no word on Cooke and duggan.

Blowitupref

Roscommon team for Sunday

Darren O'Malley (Michael Glaveys)
David Murray (Padraig Pearses)
Sean Mullooly (Strokestown)
Conor Daly (Padraig Pearses)
Niall Daly (Padraig Pearses)
Conor Hussey (Micheal Glaveys)
Ronan Daly (Padraig Pearses)
Tadgh O'Rourke (Tulsk)
Shane Killoran (Elphin)
Hubert Darcy (Padraig Pearses)
Cathal Cregg (Western Gaels)
Niall Kilroy (Fuerty)
Ultan Harney (Clann na nGael)
Conor Cox (Listowel Emmets)
Diarmuid Murtagh (St Faithleachs)

Leitrim

Cathal McCrann    (Gortleitreach)
Micheal McWeeney (Naomh Muire Cill Tochairt)
Fergal McTague    (Achadh an Mhuilinn)
Conor Reynolds    (Eanach Dubh)
Raymond Mulvey  (Naomh Muire Cill Tochairt)
Paddy Maguire    (Gleann an Chairthe/Cluainín)
Sean McWeeney  (Achadh na Síleann)
Mark Plunkett    (Achadh an Mhuilinn)
Shane Moran    (Seán Ó hEislin, Béal an Átha Móir)
Domhnaill Flynn  (Maothail)
Pearce Dolan    (Achadh an Mhuilinn)
Shane Quinn    (Maothail)
Evan Sweeney    (Gleann an Chairthe/Cluainín)
Ryan O Rourke    (Naomh Caillin, Fíonach)
Jack Heslin  (Gortleitreach)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

A few eyebrows being raised at some of the Ros selection.
Enda Smith injured thumb I believe while Donie didn't make the cut.
Hussey, Darcy (surprise selection) and Cox making Championship debuts.
I'd love to see the Subs list to see who made the 26 but probably gave to wait till I see a programme Sunday.
I didn't expect to see Diarmuid start as I believe he took no part in recent challenges.
Anyway let's get on with it and send those upstart neighbours back sadder and wiser to their forests in Rossinver, Kiltyclogher, Gortetteragh, Eslin Bornafeckincoola and various other hell holes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Manning18

Strokestown, Castlerea and Ros Town are thriving, vibrant and beautiful areas

highorlow

Best of luck to Leitrim on Sunday. You have the full support of your neighbours here in Mayo.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Laythrum doesn't border Mayo😉

Halfquarter

Nobody from St. Brigids , what's up there .?

Rossfan

Niall McInerney concentrating on his Medical career so not committing this year.
Eddie Nolan and Brian Stack on the panel.
Only 2 Clann na nGael on the panel too while I think Glaveys and Pearses have 5 each.

weareros

Quote from: highorlow on May 10, 2019, 10:10:08 AM
Best of luck to Leitrim on Sunday. You have the full support of your neighbours here in Mayo.

''Tis like the old joke when Satan asked God why he was giving Roscommon all those lovely lakes, castles and abbeys and God replied: "wait until you see the neighbours i'm giving them."

giveballaghback

Best of luck to our Rossie team tomorrow, the Hyde is looking brilliant and really looking forward to the game, apologies to Galway and rhubarbs for taking up space on this their Connacht final conversation.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 11, 2019, 04:39:19 PM
Best of luck to our Rossie team tomorrow, the Hyde is looking brilliant and really looking forward to the game, apologies to Galway and rhubarbs for taking up space on this their Connacht final conversation.

Lol at the last line.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

cornetto

Rossies and leitrim will be interesting but expect the rossues to win by 5 points.
Galway v sligo I expect galway to win by anything from 5 to ten points. I really hope sligo put it up to them as I think an easy game is the last thing needed.
Such is the shortage of cash in galway gaa only 26 players were in London,comer attended the ladies league final I dont think it displays the togetherness that should be there.Team selection for sligo could determine who wants to be part of the panel,that's the way things are.