Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I have to admit. the Kerry people I know love the rivalry and the passion and anger it brings out in them and their teams. They take losing bad and look for deflection and things they can blame.  They are Tyrone people in green and gold. Love the lead up to a Kerry game and love the rivalry.  Feckin hate the defeats and nowadays would see the rivalry as very respectful and aggerssive, which to me is the best rivalry.   

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: rrhf on July 13, 2023, 01:45:07 PM
I have to admit. the Kerry people I know love the rivalry and the passion and anger it brings out in them and their teams. They take losing bad and look for deflection and things they can blame.  They are Tyrone people in green and gold. Love the lead up to a Kerry game and love the rivalry.  Feckin hate the defeats and nowadays would see the rivalry as very respectful and aggerssive, which to me is the best rivalry.

Aside from the bolded bit which made me puke a little, would agree. It's a real rivalry and when the draw threw it up it was a bit of added buzz straight away. Despite whatever chip on the shoulder Thronies might have or despite the (largely) imagined sleights against them from Kerry people, we know Tyrone are a serious football county now at every level. And yes, it's a real rivalry, unlike some other so-called rivlaries that are totally one-sided.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 13, 2023, 02:57:58 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 13, 2023, 01:45:07 PM

Aside from the bolded bit which made me puke a little, would agree. It's a real rivalry and when the draw threw it up it was a bit of added buzz straight away. Despite whatever chip on the shoulder Thronies might have or despite the (largely) imagined sleights against them from Kerry people, we know Tyrone are a serious football county now at every level. And yes, it's a real rivalry, unlike some other so-called rivlaries that are totally one-sided.

Mayo Dublin being a prime example.

Piskin

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 11, 2023, 12:41:32 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on July 11, 2023, 11:43:57 AM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2023/07/11/news/derry_on_a_different_level_to_tyrone_says_kerry_boss_jack_o_connor_ahead_of_semi-final_showdown-3424905/

"We're approaching it in a very serious way in the sense that we're expecting a huge battle here, because all the evidence would point to the fact that Derry are better than Tyrone," O'Connor said.

"They've proved that by winning Ulster the last couple of years. They've also beaten Tyrone pretty comprehensively the last two times they met them.

"They're on another level to Tyrone; therefore, we're expecting a huge battle.

Jack with his usual par for the course swipe at Tyrone. Bitter bitter man. These comments, whether they are true or false, and perhaps they are a correct assessment, are hardly standard discourse from a county manager. How often do you see the previous opponent actually named out loud as being of a weaker standard, would the standard cliche'd "were going up a gear now" not have sufficed. I nearly hope Derry bate them.

I hope Derry hammer them into the ground. If anything it might help them find a new county to be bitter over and help them get over a Tyrone obsession that is going 20 years strong now.

Your having a laugh

Piskin

The usual resentment from the nordies again lol

restorepride

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2023/07/11/news/derry_on_a_different_level_to_tyrone_says_kerry_boss_jack_o_connor_ahead_of_semi-final_showdown-3424905/

"We're approaching it in a very serious way in the sense that we're expecting a huge battle here, because all the evidence would point to the fact that Derry are better than Tyrone," O'Connor said.

"They've proved that by winning Ulster the last couple of years. They've also beaten Tyrone pretty comprehensively the last two times they met them.

Jack with his usual par for the course swipe at Tyrone. Bitter bitter man. These comments, whether they are true or false, and perhaps they are a correct assessment, are hardly standard discourse from a county manager. How often do you see the previous opponent actually named out loud as being of a weaker standard, would the standard cliche'd "were going up a gear now" not have sufficed. I nearly hope Derry bate them.
Jack just telling the truth (nearly, obviously.)

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/07/15/the-monaghan-man-who-brought-the-gaa-to-dublins-north-inner-city/

I'll tell you a story," he says. "Ach, I shouldn't be telling it but I will. I came across a fella by the name of Brother Ennis one time. He was involved in the school in Armagh – this was the late '90s and they were winning McRory Cups and that. Anyway, he brought them over to Boston and we put them up in the basement of the house. There was 29 of them! This is Cormac McAnallen and the boys.
"They were only youngsters at the time "so they couldn't go to the pub – you have to be 21 to drink here. So I says, 'Boys, move the mattresses there and we'll put on a disco.' And they were looking at me going, 'Sure what good is a disco if there's only us at it?' They had a point – so I rang up Au Pairs America and next thing you know, 25 women landed up to the house! That was a great night."

Derryman forever

Quote from: restorepride on July 14, 2023, 10:44:51 PM

Jack just telling the truth (nearly, obviously.)

I think this was more a case of getting into Derry heads here.
Tyrone are already beat, and disappearingon  Jacks rear view mirror. This is mind games with the incoming contender.

bennydorano

Logan and Dooher seeking a new 3 year term according to the Irish News. Potentially good news for every county bar Tyrone.

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on July 27, 2023, 06:48:54 PM
Logan and Dooher seeking a new 3 year term according to the Irish News. Potentially good news for every county bar Tyrone.

The lack of self awareness in here is breathtaking at times  ;D

bennydorano

I'm fully aware of Armagh's situation and my position is extremely clear. I think Dooher & Logan coming back would be a huge mistake mistake for Tyrone. Not that complicated.

cadhlancian

Quote from: bennydorano on July 27, 2023, 07:11:07 PM
I'm fully aware of Armagh's situation and my position is extremely clear. I think Dooher & Logan coming back would be a huge mistake mistake for Tyrone. Not that complicated.
I agree 100%

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: bennydorano on July 27, 2023, 07:11:07 PM

Give it to Geeza and he'll get us back winning McKenna cups, sure what more could ye ask for eh Benny

yellowcard

Very surprised that Logan and Dooher are looking back in especially given the downward trajectory they have been on in the last few years. But will anybody else want the job now that they have put their cards on the table. 

sam03/05

Think any management team that delivered AI at u21 and senior level deserves their chance to rebuild
But ultimately it doesn't really matter what us armchair pundits think really