ESS Gaelic Football Coaching App

Started by MadaboutGAA, December 14, 2011, 01:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: MadaboutGAA on December 14, 2011, 04:44:11 PM
Lads, at £14.99/€16.99, that is roughly 29p/33c per drill :o
Is it really that pricey?

Your pricing structure is wrong. People won't pay that sort of money for an app like this. The fact you can also produce it as cards means that you're not making use of the advantages that a smartphone has.

If I were you, I'd set up a basic version for $1.99 and then allow users to download subsequent drills at fifty cents a throw - something like that. You might make some money that way. I don't think you will on your current pricing structure. Best of luck with it.

MadaboutGAA

Guys thanks for the constructive comments.

Zulu, primarily it is aimed at the coach who might not have a wealth of coaching experience and knowledge of drills. If you have a iPhone or Android smartphone you can download a free 'lite' version (which has 4 drills) and it will give you a feel of what we provide.
I believe you would definitely get a benefit in providing you with some new fresh ideas on drills/mini-games. Also the convenience of being able to bring your phone onto a pitch where you can view the drill in order to help you set out drills quickly etc. This is something you cannot do with a Book/DVD!

IolarCoisCuain, thanks for the best wishes. Have you tried the free 'lite' version? In relation to your points made I would say that your suggestion is something we would like to implement in the future. You say offer subsequent drills at 50c, well as you noted our current drills are priced at 33c per drill for the App so I believe we are offering a great product at a good price. As was noted in a previous comment on the thread the GAA coaching market is very limited in the global scale and we have to price accordingly.

I would like to point out this is the first of many in our coaching products, whereby we will offer integration of new and old and will prove to be very cost effective over their product lives.

Zulu

Madaboutgaa, yeah I have the lite version and while it looks good I'm not sure it would have enough for me(not that I know it all or anything!!) but I guess if I'm paying more than a tenner I'd like to see mostly stuff I haven't seen. In saying that I'll probably get it anyway.

On the point of potential market, I think this is seriously underestimated by most. There are clubs the world over and most are coached by lads with limited experience. On top of that I find GAA coaches to be very keen on information. The problem is often the quality of information and the quality of production. Have you thought about contacting club directly?

theticklemister

MadaboutGAA

Unfortunately no Blackberry App version. Don't see the demand for it. You will have to make do with just a pack of coaching cards in the playing card format!