Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: rrhf on April 22, 2014, 10:03:47 PM
For the first time since the invention of the internet we are about to witness a successful Derry team.  The inevitable trappings of this cause great fear.  If its anything like the tearraces of Clones of the early 90s the GAA board and online community must prepare themselves well for an influx of whinging, narcory and self loathing.   

Derry are sure to embrace this new chapter as Tyrone embraced the invention of the qualifiers ;-)

Main Street

As sure as night follows day, Derry will somehow manage to scuttle their chances. Their top player might all of a sudden get an offer to play with a Welsh soccer  division 5 team and he'll be on his way, with suitcase in hand and holy water dripping off his forehead.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: rrhf on April 22, 2014, 10:03:47 PM
For the first time since the invention of the internet we are about to witness a successful Derry team.  The inevitable trappings of this cause great fear.  If its anything like the tearraces of Clones of the early 90s the GAA board and online community must prepare themselves well for an influx of whinging, narcory and self loathing.   
Jeez - just shows how set in the dark ages you tyronies are!!
I was working on 'the Internet' when Derry beat you red arses to winning an All Ireland senior football title in 1993!

From the terraces of clones, croke park and on the Gaa board here we have experienced your own whingers so any we provide won't be a shock to any systems here!

Self loathing and shooting ourselves in the head as per Main streets example however - we are unfortunately very capable of !!

DuffleKing

screenexile

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 09, 2014, 11:43:02 AM

Did you really?

Sure did!

My favourite quote was "They don't do nearly enough stuff about link boxes"

Fuzzman

Did any of ye listen to Sean Cavanagh on Newstalk last night talking to Wooly Parkinson?
He said that immediately after the incident he didn't think too much about it but the whole week after it was affecting his mum and dad, his wife and kid and even his boss in work wasn't impressed with all the bad hype it had caused. He said non GAA people were questioning his integrity and personality all because Brolly threw his toys out of the pram.
At least Joe rang him to apologise but many of us don't fathom how much of an impact a pundit can have on the whole country.
As I said before I'd say Joe's own kids dread going anywhere near GAA grounds with him any more cis of the slagging.
Personally I enjoy listening to the man more often than not but hopefully he learned last year that you can't do these personal attacks on players or coaches.

general_lee

I agreed with Joe at the time and still do with the sentiment, his choice of language was poor though.

I wouldn't worry too much about Sean's reputation, he's a gentleman and a media darling.

Only non-GAA people would get the wrong end of the stick and I doubt there are very many of them in the loop with what Brolly et al say.

Throw ball

Have no doubt that Brolly's comments had an effect on his family but would have serious doubt that it would cause him much trouble at work. He would get more sympathy than ire in relation to this where he works. His boss would more than likely be on his side too.

Main Street

It's no wonder people keep their distance from Cavanagh and it's nothing to do with Brolly, if anyone goes within touching distance of him, he links their arm and hits the floor.

Fuzzman

Hang in their Main Street. Your bitterness will subside when ye finally beat us this year next month.
Will Mone be playing?

Main Street

Whose bitter? That's a Tyrone thing, bitter memories, remembered grievances etc, it's a mental and emotional rot.

If you get past the 1st round then we'l have the pleasure of watching Sean and the art of the acquired foul, otherwise we will be off to Newry to play Down.

Hardy

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on May 11, 2014, 01:17:48 PM
Whose bitter?

Mine! Mitts off you Monaghan bollix!  ;) :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

Firstly, If we get past the first round we'll have already beaten ye again.
Secondly we don't have too much to be bitter about when it comes to Ye lot as you would have to go back to Nudie Hughes days since ye beat us last.
Finally, do you think Sean wins Ulster player of the year every few years just for his diving skills?

Good luck defending the Anglo Celt.